2019 NFL Off-Season Thread

Kramerica Industries

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/20/2019 at 11:44 PM, MJWalker45 said:

IT's interesting that the game vs Cleveland is not getting any hype in Week 8 outside of being a late afternoon game and most likely CBS's game of the week. I think they wanted to make sure that if Cleveland is a 2-5 team they can bury it in the weeds that week. 

CBS might've protected it from SNF.....or maybe it can be flexed into SNF if the Packers are hot garbage before the visit the Chiefs.

1 hour ago, AstroBull21 said:

CBS might've protected it from SNF.....or maybe it can be flexed into SNF if the Packers are hot garbage before the visit the Chiefs.

I think they can flex after week 12, it may have been changed

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

6 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

I think they can flex after week 12, it may have been changed

http://www.nfl.com/flexible-schedules

NFL Flexible Scheduling 101

• Begins Sunday of Week 5
  • In effect during Weeks 5-17
  • Up to 2 games may be flexed into Sunday Night between Weeks 5-10
  • Only Sunday afternoon games are subject to being moved into the Sunday night window.
  • The game that has been tentatively scheduled for Sunday night during flex weeks will be listed at 8:15 p.m. ET.
  • The majority of games on Sundays will be listed at 1:00 p.m. ET during flex weeks except for games played in Pacific or Mountain Time zones which will be listed at 4:05 or 4:15 p.m. ET.
  • No impact on Thursday, Saturday or Monday night games.
  • The NFL will decide (after consultation with CBS, FOX, NBC) and announce as early as possible the game being played at 8:15 p.m. ET. The announcement will come no later than 12 days prior to the game. The NFL may also announce games moving to 4:05 p.m. ET and 4:25 p.m. ET.
  • Week 17 start time changes could be decided on 6 days notice to ensure a game with playoff implications.
  • The NBC Sunday night time slot in "flex" weeks will list the game that has been tentatively scheduled for Sunday night.
  • Fans and ticket holders must be aware that NFL games in flex weeks are subject to change 12 days in advance (6 days in Week 17) and should plan accordingly.
  • NFL schedules all games.
  • Teams will be informed as soon as they are no longer under consideration or eligible for a move to Sunday night.

Yes, CBS and fox can protect some games from being flexed. And odds are with the 425 kickoff they protected that game. Besides, NBC may really want one of those Ravens-Browns games if they're good for the division late in the season. 

8 hours ago, GDAWG said:

KC Chiefs;

- employed Kareem Hunt who turned out to be a woman beater
- currently employ Tyreek Hill who is a reformed woman beater and and may be a newly minted child beater
- trade for Frank Clark, who got thrown off the team at Michigan by Chris Christie for being a woman beater

I'm noticing a (rather unpleasant) trend here....

20 hours ago, AustinFomBoston said:

KC Chiefs;

- employed Kareem Hunt who turned out to be a woman beater
- currently employ Tyreek Hill who is a reformed woman beater and and may be a newly minted child beater
- trade for Frank Clark, who got thrown off the team at Michigan by Chris Christie for being a woman beater

I'm noticing a (rather unpleasant) trend here....

After seeing my team draft a bunch of boy scouts under Pioli and not go anywhere, I'm willing to turn a blind eye if multiple Super Bowls are won.

I'm not going to feign moral outrage at my own team for brownie points because at the end of the day, championships are what people will remember even if some the players are pieces of :censored: off the field.

EDIT: All charges have been dropped in the Tyreek Hill case: https://www.kmbc.com/article/authorities-to-discuss-criminal-investigation-involving-tyreek-hill-in-3-pm-newser/27257693

So, the Chiefs cut Kareem Hunt for kicking a woman while she's down and lying about it (No receipt of an ethnic slur, even the N-word, should be a license to beat people) and what Clarke did happened in college while he hasn't done anything since. And while what Hill and Clarke did was despicable, if they've refrained from violence since, they shouldn't have such a thing hang over them for the rest of their lives. We should be more forgiving once offenders finish their debt to society.

2 hours ago, Wings said:

Andy Reid is still the head coach. 

And Donovan McNabb was closer to Alex Smith than Patrick Mahomes. In addition, McNabb never really had a great supporting cast outside of Brian Westbrook and a year of TO before his NPD flared up horrifically. Besides, narratives are like rules: They exist to be broken.

59 minutes ago, AustinFomBoston said:

Welp, there goes any hope KC had for the season

In fairness, Tom Brady was on the cover two years ago and won a Super Bowl. Back in the 2000s, I definitely believed that the Madden curse was real but no so much in the last decade.

1 hour ago, AustinFomBoston said:

Welp, there goes any hope KC had for the season

What the :censored:?!

43 minutes ago, Rockstar Matt said:

These Tyreek Hill audio recordings that were released today are really.. disgusting.

He needs to be banned from the NFL permanently. 

Looked them up, what the actual :censored:?! I said Tyreek Hill should be forgiven had he refrained from commiting violenece. He has clearly committed violence. Burn, :censored:.

Archived