MLB Changes 2020

kimball

1 hour ago, coco1997 said:

Is it me or is that a different shade of blue, too?

It does look a tad bit darker, but the numbers also appear to be a light gray rather than white, so I’d guess it’s just whatever filter they used. 

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, jmac11281 said:

I know I am on a site where we are passionate about uniforms, but who in their right mind will pay nearly $500 for an authentic jersey? I could almost buy a week worth of full outfits for that price.

And MLB replicas are so inaccurate that (no front numbers or sleeve patches in most cases) that I'd actually rather buy a chinese knockoff and I hate chinese knockoffs.

Not that NFL/NHL/NBA authentics are cheap, but at least they hover around the $300 range. WTH is it that makes a MLB authentic $150 dollars more? Buttons?

Not to mention with the amount of player movement there is in sports these days that makes it double-y not worth it. I'll just go spend 300-350 on a Mitchell & Ness Authentic Throwback if I have that kind of money laying around for a jersey.

On 11/29/2019 at 7:13 AM, itsmb8 said:

I was referring to the Brewers specifically.  And, to that effect, I'd argue that the powder blue road look is one of their most iconic looks in the franchise's history because of how synonymous it is with the BiG logo.  Its maybe 1 or 2 notches below the pinstripes in terms of uniform popularity according to the fanbase.  

And like @NicDB said, Milwaukee started in Milwaukee in 1970, and wore powder blue in every year up until 1986.  They had their best season in '82, wearing the powder blue.

So? They would also have had their best season had they worn pink, and/or fake mustaches  and ballet tutus.

powder blue road look is one of their most iconic looks

No, since it was a lot of teams that jumped on the blue wagon. 

No team is sticking out, except some team were even more of an eye turd than the other 

On 11/28/2019 at 4:20 PM, SFGiants58 said:

I doubt that. Still, purple and spiders? That's an idea everybody's favorite abusive husband thought of here!

He may be an awful person to be around, but he has his head on right when it comes to Cleveland simply blowing it up and starting over.

Indeed - bad idea. Maroon and orange, purple and orange, purple and red, etc. would all be better. Losing their traditional colors is the perfect punishment for the team that clung so dearly to MOD EDIT.

Yeah, no. People do like Spiders. Do people like to interact with diamonback snakes? Pest-like blue jays? Etc. Besides, there's plenty of crying in baseball. You're just mad that people don't like the "Indians" name.

It doesn't really "class"/clash, it actually goes well with those colors. Work it in as an accent for some teams (like the Twins, Rays, or Cleveland) and you'd have something.

Not everything, no.

It's not particularly loved here, but people want to see it properly incorporated into color schemes to make it work like it didn't before.

Sorry if I've just missed this somewhere, but is there a time for the Rangers uniform announcement?  I've been unable to find a specific time other than their official tweet yesterday that said "24 hours."

spacer.png                                                    Chicago_White_Sox.svg

7 minutes ago, CardsFan79 said:

Sorry if I've just missed this somewhere, but is there a time for the Rangers uniform announcement?  I've been unable to find a specific time other than their official tweet yesterday that said "24 hours."

Well the tweet was at 215pm eastern time, so I'd assume no earlier than that if we were to take the literal 24 hour rule.

8 hours ago, skip88 said:

Where is the NBA logo on that jersey??

Should be on the front on that model...

That change happened under Adidas. 

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

I know people are critical of double outlines, but I really like that Rangers script. I agree that royal crowns/red bills are the way to go for the Rangers.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

It seems like the T and the X are two different fonts in the TX logo. They're probably technically the same...but it doesn't look right, either.  

I think the 80's home script is still better than the new script. 

The drop shadow (surprisingly) doesn't look awful, but seems to be similar to the Angels. 

With two new powder blue sets in MLB, the Royals better be announcing a new uniform soon or else they'll be way too late to the party next year. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived