New York Jets unveil new uniforms

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quick - someone go over to EWR.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, Newport said:

Hard to believe there has been no leak of a hat or the corner of a shirt. Maybe because it’s not near draft day. Think Tennessee leaked few days before due to the jersey being sent to a store. 

It was leaked the day of the unveiling IIRC

36 minutes ago, LeveonTheJet said:

It was leaked the Monday night before their unveiling that Wednesday so fingers crossed someone at a store in the area gets them tomorrow evening and just leaks it already.

And we'll know it's real if it has a green outline around it like the Titans jersey.

PersonDivided-2-1.png

17 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Are the Jets being "secretive", or simply following the same protocol that most teams want to when unveiling a new look?  It's just that there's hasn't been inadvertently leaked yet.  "Secretive" and "protective" are different things.

No, the jets are being beyond secretive. To the point of paranoia. Can’t say it isn’t working for them because there have obv been no real leaks, but let’s say I doubt anyone who “claims” to have seen them because soooooo few people have even had a glimpse and that includes people inside the org. And that goes quadruple for someone like Teal who claimed to see them months ago before any teases to very select few began. 
goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

3 hours ago, goforbroke said:
No, the jets are being beyond secretive. To the point of paranoia. Can’t say it isn’t working for them because there have obv been no real leaks, but let’s say I doubt anyone who “claims” to have seen them because soooooo few people have even had a glimpse and that includes people inside the org. And that goes quadruple for someone like Teal who claimed to see them months ago before any teases to very select few began. 

What specifically are the Jets doing that no other team does before a new set is launched?

11 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

What specifically are the Jets doing that no other team does before a new set is launched?

For example, the jets facility has all glass walls for their conference rooms but I’ve heard during uniform meetings they’ve hung curtains covering the glass, so even other jets employees wouldn’t be able to see what’s happening. 

Also, their logo and uniform are redacted from the draft and nfl 100 style guide. So where’s you would see for example all the Packers Eagles etc draft elements logos and caps , the jets is blank.  So anything distributed around the league has Jets stuff blank.  This is not common.  For example, when the uniform schedule comes out it goes to everyone, which is why I’m always surprised im the only one on these boards that has it because it goes to a lot of people associated with the league.  But in this case anything that would normally go to everyone and has all teams stuff in it (even new stuff) the jets have blanked out. 

In summery, jets are trusting no one. 

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

1 hour ago, goforbroke said:

For example, the jets facility has all glass walls for their conference rooms but I’ve heard during uniform meetings they’ve hung curtains covering the glass, so even other jets employees wouldn’t be able to see what’s happening. 

Also, their logo and uniform are redacted from the draft and nfl 100 style guide. So where’s you would see for example all the Packers Eagles etc draft elements logos and caps , the jets is blank.  So anything distributed around the league has Jets stuff blank.  This is not common.  For example, when the uniform schedule comes out it goes to everyone, which is why I’m always surprised im the only one on these boards that has it because it goes to a lot of people associated with the league.  But in this case anything that would normally go to everyone and has all teams stuff in it (even new stuff) the jets have blanked out. 

In summery, jets are trusting no one. 

very interesting. in friday's comments section on uniwatch, i asked lukas if he had noticed them being particularly secretive/cagey, and he sort of blew it off. maybe he just wasn't aware. it's good to have inside tidbits like this!

as far as reddit, i'd have to say that's a pretty textbook extrapolation. guy saw the new cheerleader unis, maybe saw the tidbits we've talked about here, and tried to pass it off as fact. either way, i'm reserving all judgment until thursday (or when the entire set leaks for real).

sig2024.png

That’s not common in the NFL?  Because it sounds a lot like what I know MLS clubs do.

And I know a MLB social media person who went through a uni change. They were given advance looks at a change there only because they had to see it to prepare graphics, but every other employee was kept entirely in the dark for fear of leaks.  They embargoed the :censored: out of it.

Who do we know didn’t do that?

Archived