New York Jets unveil new uniforms

53 minutes ago, andrewharrington said:

But in the case of the Jets’ all-green uniform, the green covers roughly the same real estate as a basketball uniform, so it is an exception (provided they wear white socks).

26 minutes ago, VikWings said:

Almost all mono looks are improved by contrasting socks. It's still not something I want to see every week but as a one or two off I'll allow it in those cases. The Panthers do it right all but that one time against Detroit a few weeks. But they're starting to beat that look into the ground now.

It makes me cringe when teams who have contrasting socks in their wardrobe (like the Bengals) refuse to wear them when they go mono.

Obviously, I agree that monochrome uniforms look slightly better when they are combined with contrasting socks, but it really is just matter of the distinction between bad and worse. It's kind of a slippery slope to even get into it. ("Well, it's bad, but not as bad..." or "Well, maybe just once or twice a season...")  IMO, it's best in cases like this just to draw a hard line in the sand. Just say no, Nancy Reagan.

Non-white monochrome uniforms suck.  Period. No exceptions.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Est1980 said:

I feel like ALL solid colored mono sets look like that. One colored leotard. White just always seems to work EXCEPT in cases where an otherwise awesome full white uni uses total white sanitaries instead of stripes or solid color for break-up. The Giants and Saints would have awesome "color rush" "Throwbacks" uniforms if they just added stripes or color block opposite of pant color. 

Its the white sleeves and socks that really sell it to me as a singlet.

11 hours ago, DeFrank said:

I disagree! Sometimes they provide a nice change of pace

But is the change of pace a better look than what it is replacing? If not, and I don't believe that it is, why should it be worn?

It's where I sit.

39 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

But is the change of pace a better look than what it is replacing? If not, and I don't believe that it is, why should it be worn?

I can't think of a single team that has a monochrome uniform that looks better than a non-monochrome uniform. That being said, in the grand scheme of things, a mix in of a monochrome uniform every once in a while is a nice change of pace on a league-wide level.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

30 minutes ago, DeFrank said:

I can't think of a single team that has a monochrome uniform that looks better than a non-monochrome uniform. That being said, in the grand scheme of things, a mix in of a monochrome uniform every once in a while is a nice change of pace on a league-wide level.

I diasgree. There's only 16 regular season games.  Why look less than your best every week? There aren't so many games that seeing the fantastic Chicago Bears' uniforms every week gets boring. And on the flip side, an uglier [pick your worst ranking uniform] being replaced by an uglier color rush or alternate doesn't make things better.

It's where I sit.

On 11/28/2018 at 8:24 PM, oldschoolvikings said:

Non-white monochrome uniforms suck.  Period. No exceptions.

Navy and black are the only others that work, but green just doesn't look as well as GGW does. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

https://www.newyorkjets.com/video/one-jets-drive-growing-pains-ep-14

"We want to be exciting, bold, forward thinking, embracing our fans embracing our players.” "It’s going to be a dramatic change." "Create something new for the Jets. Such a bold change." "I can’t imagine in my lifetime the Jets making a change anything like this." "Wow this is what the modern Jets brand is and it feels right for today."

Based on some of the things said in this video I fear the Jets uniform change is going to be in the same category as the Bucs and Titans. Maybe I shouldn't have complained so much about the cut off stripes or the baby poop green. 

IMG_0005.jpg.3ad6b608a1b222bebe66f6457a16c9bc.jpg

9 hours ago, Chico said:

"We want to be exciting, bold, forward thinking, embracing our fans embracing our players.” "It’s going to be a dramatic change." "Create something new for the Jets. Such a bold change." "I can’t imagine in my lifetime the Jets making a change anything like this." "Wow this is what the modern Jets brand is and it feels right for today."

Based on some of the things said in this video I fear the Jets uniform change is going to be in the same category as the Bucs and Titans. Maybe I shouldn't have complained so much about the cut off stripes or the baby poop green. 

Black (because it's "fire"), Navy and Gold ("in honor of the Titans") here we come. Can't wait to see the "forward thinking" number font. 

10 hours ago, Chico said:

Such a bold change." "I can’t imagine in my lifetime the Jets making a change anything like this." "Wow this is what the modern Jets brand is and it feels right for today."

I don't think there's a team in the NFL that this statement could be said about that would give me a good feeling.

1 hour ago, Beer Barrel Man said:

Black (because it's "fire"), Navy and Gold ("in honor of the Titans") here we come. Can't wait to see the "forward thinking" number font. 

So its gonna be "Lit" and "Dope" ::::::shutters:::::

Its a shame cause the jets uniforms are ugly and the green looks like the color after a shirt has been washed too many times for years and left out in the sun.

But with the direction these NFL teams are going in with Nike egging them on, its like the crappy uniforms may be better staying put.

1 hour ago, Teal said:

Let me bring some positive news in here. The Jets are changing the shade of green. It’s much lighter. 

Thats some good news at least.

We talking kelly green or like a bright neon green?

IMG_0005.jpg.3ad6b608a1b222bebe66f6457a16c9bc.jpg

14 hours ago, Chico said:

Bend over, Jets fans... You're gonna see how the Nike logo feels when it's inserted the hard way.

19 hours ago, Chico said:

That video reminds me of this scene from Silicon Valley:

6 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Buttfumble logo 100% confirmed.

Archived