TheFallenHaveRisen

New York Jets unveil new uniforms

Recommended Posts

On March 8, 2019 at 7:52 PM, Tracy Jordan said:

Hopefully the Jets' redesign is closer to what the Jags did last year. Nothing too bold, just keep it simple.

 

spacer.png

 

These weren't a home run, but they're definitely better than the abomination that the Titans came up with.

 

 

 

This combo is easily their best look. The white jerseys just need teal numbers, gold outlines and the pants need stripes and they're set. 

 

As for the Jets, I would have to agree that something simple like this would be great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/8/2019 at 7:52 PM, Tracy Jordan said:

Hopefully the Jets' redesign is closer to what the Jags did last year. Nothing too bold, just keep it simple.

 

spacer.png

 

These weren't a home run, but they're definitely better than the abomination that the Titans came up with.

 

 

 

Heck no, I hate the Jaguars new look. All they needed to do was change the helmet and they would've been fine. Now they are just boring! Plain white pants is so PeeWee and High School football! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/9/2019 at 8:11 PM, Ice_Cap said:

I don’t want much from Jacksonville. Literally just pants stripes. That’s all. 

 

That, and contrasting outlines around the numbers.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nuordr said:

Heck no, I hate the Jaguars new look. All they needed to do was change the helmet and they would've been fine. Now they are just boring! Plain white pants is so PeeWee and High School football! 

They're not plain - they have the Nike symbol on them. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, nuordr said:

Heck no, I hate the Jaguars new look. All they needed to do was change the helmet and they would've been fine. Now they are just boring! Plain white pants is so PeeWee and High School football! 

I think you were looking for the unpopular opinions thread, these a mile ahead of their last uni, no matter how plain they are 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think opinions on the Jags' redesign are pretty split. If anything, it's the most polarizing set I've seen unveiled since I joined this board in 2005.

 

Neither love or hatred is unpopular.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, BJ Sands said:

I think opinions on the Jags' redesign are pretty split. If anything, it's the most polarizing set I've seen unveiled since I joined this board in 2006.

 

Neither love or hatred is unpopular.

For me they are hard to hate because the last set including the uniforms were just awful anything would have been better. However when you look at basically there first set which was great you still wish for more. If they had never had their first set I would actually like these new uniforms so much better. Back to the Jets which I hope looks alright but I fear will not!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure if this means anything but that is sure a neon green (from NFL Network this morning).

 

JETSGreen.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, hawk36 said:

Not sure if this means anything but that is sure a neon green (from NFL Network this morning).

 

JETSGreen.jpg

spacer.png

 

 

Been the Training Center logo for a while

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I personally liked the 2013-17 design from the neck down, but I understand there’s a lot of people who didn’t. I’m back and forth on the new look - sometimes I love it, sometimes I hate it, and most times I’m somewhere in the middle. It really depends on the combo - teal with white pants looks great, as does black (I even like the monochrome on players where they wear their socks super high, so they look like solid white - it breaks the “yoga pants” look). White/white or white/black is awful. Those combos are just too plain, with no teal to be found outside of the Nike logo (which you don’t see unless you’re looking at it from the side, and even then it isn’t that significant of an element). I’d also like to see some gold on the rest of the uniform (not just the helmet).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pizzaman7294 said:

spacer.png

 

 

Been the Training Center logo for a while

Ah, thanks. Weird that it's actually yellow. No news then. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, hawk36 said:

Ah, thanks. Weird that it's actually yellow. No news then. 

 

 

jets posted a photo of their 2019 flight crew today. thought the two-tone green with black was interesting...:

 

D1YxkhBXQAAJJZA.jpg:large

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Brian E said:

 

jets posted a photo of their 2019 flight crew today. thought the two-tone green with black was interesting...:

 

D1YxkhBXQAAJJZA.jpg:large

 

Pardon my lack of searching...did they wear something similar last year? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Brian E said:

 

jets posted a photo of their 2019 flight crew today. thought the two-tone green with black was interesting...:

 

D1YxkhBXQAAJJZA.jpg:large

 

I guess we got the helmet logo right there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

 

Pardon my lack of searching...did they wear something similar last year? 

 

I did. Always mostly white with a bit of green last season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jp1409 said:

 

I guess we got the helmet logo right there.

That NY on the helmet would be nice. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jp1409 said:

 

I guess we got the helmet logo right there.

I sure hope not. Bland to the max.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

I sure hope not. Bland to the max.

 

Totally agree. Also this whole thing feels like the BFBS Mets...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, jp1409 said:

 

Totally agree. Also this whole thing feels like the BFBS Mets...

 

What whole thing? There’s literally no “thing”. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.