New York Jets unveil new uniforms

1 hour ago, MCM0313 said:

Hopefully more like the '90s Jets. I think their use of black from 1990-97 was pretty tasteful.

If thats the case then cool.  If it is the way the Mets did it by going with an all black alternate nope. 

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, neo_prankster said:

Isn't a little redundant to hype things up if the Jets are just going to make subtle tweaks to their current look?

We don't know how subtle we're talking about, though. Current signs point to a medium shade of green instead of the dark one they use now, a green helmet, black trim, a black alternate, and that new triangle thingy, whatever their plans are for it. Changing the helmet color and lightening up the green are pretty significant changes, I think.

32 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

We don't know how subtle we're talking about, though. Current signs point to a medium shade of green instead of the dark one they use now, a green helmet, black trim, a black alternate, and that new triangle thingy, whatever their plans are for it. Changing the helmet color and lightening up the green are pretty significant changes, I think.

legit made me LOL. i work in PR, so i can imagine the person writing the press release at nike/jets trying to come up with flashy descriptors for something they are also undoubtedly referring to as "that new triangle thingy"

sig2024.png

14 minutes ago, Newport said:

Not sure if this is a bad or good thing.

https://twitter.com/mmehtanydn/status/1102734669949345793?s=21

If the 🔥 crowd thinks they're boring? That's a good thing for the rest of us.

Black is still unnecessary to the Jets in 1000 ways. 

Yes, I know the 80s uniforms used black in the 90s, but it was strictly as an outline. Nobody calls out the Cowboys for using black outlines, so the idea of the Jets use of black is okay because they used it in the 90s is ridiculous. 

The Jets are green and white. The Eagles are green, white and silver. Neither team needs black.  

Boring, black jerseys or jingoism fighter pilot BS isn't needed to make the Jets identity look good or better. 

I'm so scared this is so unnecessary when an easy fix (color, shoulder stripes) was all they needed. 

7 hours ago, KGeeX5 said:

Anything Manish Mehta is all bad

can confirm.

agree with @Ice_Cap though. based on this nike era, "underwhelming" is probably an encouraging word.

1 hour ago, Chico said:

From one of the Jets message boards

spacer.png

very intriguing. the eye can really see what it wants to see, but this at least seems like *something*.

sig2024.png

I think it’s an NY with the dash we saw in the promo video above it. You can sort of see where the lower line comes back down (to form the middle part of an N) rather than going straight out as the message board poster implies.

13 minutes ago, AndrewMLind said:

I think it’s an NY with the dash we saw in the promo video above it. You can sort of see where the lower line comes back down (to form the middle part of an N) rather than going straight out as the message board poster implies.

good call! 'NY' or maybe an 'NYJ' with that new triangle thingy (TM @MCM0313) above the letters seems right.

sig2024.png

Archived