New York Jets unveil new uniforms

3 hours ago, Brian E said:

were you starting to feel good about the jets unis? okay, well here's something to make you worry. this is from the athletic's connor hughes in a Q&A for the site yesterday:

"The couple players I talked to who have seen them described them as "sick" and "awesome" and "dope." It's a complete redesign — colors, logo, etc."

soooooo who knows. but it sounds like there's at least something in there for the [FLAME EMOJIS] crowd.

Players needs to talk like that even if new uniforms are "wack" and "sh%t:", because in other way nobody would buy new merchandises.

4r2eer.png

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can the stupid circlejerk about emojis and everything end? It's so tired at this point and not really indicative of anything, that's just how a lot of younger people talk. Seriously, I've seen everything from the Giant's super simple throwbacks to the Seahawks all neon green color rush being described with the exact same terminology. What else do you expect them to say? 

Besides, uniforms should be allowed to have some attitude and make players excited. Of course, there's a delicate balance there to avoid going overboard, but still. 

spacer.png

5 minutes ago, henburg said:

Can the stupid circlejerk about emojis and everything end? It's so tired at this point and not really indicative of anything, that's just how a lot of younger people talk. Seriously, I've seen everything from the Giant's super simple throwbacks to the Seahawks all neon green color rush being described with the exact same terminology. What else do you expect them to say? 

Besides, uniforms should be allowed to have some attitude and make players excited. Of course, there's a delicate balance there to avoid going overboard, but still. 

👏👏👏 YAAASSSSSS 

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

28 minutes ago, Tracy Jordan said:

Hopefully the Jets' redesign is closer to what the Jags did last year. Nothing too bold, just keep it simple.

spacer.png

These weren't a home run, but they're definitely better than the abomination that the Titans came up with.

Unapologetically one of my favorite combos in the league..

4 hours ago, seasaltvanilla said:

Actually, unless I'm missing the relevant rule, there seems to be more leeway on this than you'd expect. Rule 5, Section 4, Article 3 (b);

Although I've always thought the standard is 12-inch back, 10-inch front, 4-inch shoulders, 3-inch NOB.

It is (at least in the NFL), but it’s a ballpark. I remember the guides we used to get had some teams in 11.75 in. numerals, 9 5/8 in., etc.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

2 hours ago, henburg said:

This take=🔥🔥🔥😤😤👏👏👏🤑🤑

3 hours ago, henburg said:

That and "kewl" i don't think anyone has used that term in at least 10 years, and even then it was only like girls in middle school writing notes with gel pens. 

"bUt It'Ll mAkE ThEm .696969696 oz LiGhTeR" crowd is also exhausting at this point. 

15 hours ago, Tracy Jordan said:

Hopefully the Jets' redesign is closer to what the Jags did last year. Nothing too bold, just keep it simple.

spacer.png

These weren't a home run, but they're definitely better than the abomination that the Titans came up with.

The only thing that bothers me about the Jags set is the white jerseys and pants lack teal. They have become a black,white, and teal team. Teal, black, and gold is a much better/unique color scheme, but other then that I like the uniforms. Any change that got rid of those helmets is a win in my book. 

The Jags’ approach might work for the Jets because they have one primary color and apparently a new secondary (black) that is clearly No. 2 in the hierarchy. It does not work for the Jags, who have terrible and terribly disappointing uniforms. Please don’t get me started about how the Jags missed a golden opportunity, and settled for a throwback to an era that never existed just to placate an “old school” executive. 

(OK, I’ll stop.)

22 hours ago, Gupti said:

To me they were almost good, so close. Just needed to outline a teal numeral in black, and have the black/teal/black stripe, similar to what the Giants did in, what I thought, was their best uniform. 

0000.jpgAABS020.jpg

If the Jets MUST use black (I don't think they should), has to be with a bright green that can be outlined in the black. Less black the better. 

mar-11-12-whitegreen-marvingentry-675x38

On 3/8/2019 at 7:20 PM, Gupti said:

Ditch the black pants. White or teal only. Make teal jerseys primary. The black jersey with teal pants is a great alt look

On 3/8/2019 at 10:35 PM, shaydre1019 said:

That and "kewl" i don't think anyone has used that term in at least 10 years, and even then it was only like girls in middle school writing notes with gel pens. 

"bUt It'Ll mAkE ThEm .696969696 oz LiGhTeR" crowd is also exhausting at this point. 

I had a troop say it's OKURRRRRT! the other day. Pretty sure I had an aneurysm.  

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 3/8/2019 at 6:52 PM, Tracy Jordan said:

spacer.png

I’m looking forward to seeing Nick Foles wearing that Jaguars jersey next season!

Archived