New York Jets unveil new uniforms

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Captain Poncho said:

Tried it. The video crew made sure the shadows were washed in pure black. No details to bring out.  Besides, I strongly suspect they just dressed someone in the current uniform for the teaser, so as to make sure nothing got out accidentally.

It's not. You can (sorta) clearly see Shoulder Numbers on the Uniform, when the Current/Former Jets Uniform has Sleeve (cap) numbers and Shoulder Stripes.

da0Lbhs.png

6 hours ago, BJ Sands said:

Doesn't Washington still have a ton of the Southeast?

There's still some hold over Skins fans in parts of North Carolina. From what I've been told there's a surprising amount of Skins fans around Dallas.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

41 minutes ago, 4_tattoos said:

There's still some hold over Skins fans in parts of North Carolina. From what I've been told there's a surprising amount of Skins fans around Dallas.

Probably the reciprocal of what (I presume still) exists up around the DelMarVa area... I saw entirely too many Cowboys fans (my opinion) up there when I lived up there about a decade ago. (Along with a strong contingent of Eagles fans and a small smattering of Giants fans--then again that may have had more to do with proximity to Philly and NY than anything else.)

On the topic of this streak/swoosh/angle "thing", for some reason I'm now thinking of the pointed streak stripe trim thingies the Jacksonville Jaguars have going on with their collar/sleeves/socks, and wondering if any of that might transfer over to the new Jets sets in any way....

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

49 minutes ago, 4_tattoos said:

My sister in law lives in South Carolina and you have a good deal of Skins fans there as well. You see the hats and you see large groups in the bars during the games (they're everywhere except their own stadium) The older Redskins fans raised their offspring to like them as well and the Falcons and later Panthers just didn't have that pedigree. And the Titans didn't exist yet

The Gibbs years still have a residual impact. The Redskins fanbase is still there. More dormant than nonexistent 

This just in: https://nypost.com/2019/03/04/jets-expected-leveon-bell-push-comes-with-tevin-coleman-as-plan-b/

The Jets announced they would unveil their new uniforms on April 4. I spoke with two people who have seen them. One said they reminded them of the Eagles’ uniforms. Another said one of the alternate uniforms has black as the predominant color.

14 hours ago, Buc said:

Probably the reciprocal of what (I presume still) exists up around the DelMarVa area... I saw entirely too many Cowboys fans (my opinion) up there when I lived up there about a decade ago. (Along with a strong contingent of Eagles fans and a small smattering of Giants fans--then again that may have had more to do with proximity to Philly and NY than anything else.)

https://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/news/article/13042042/why-are-there-so-many-cowboys-fans-in-dc

It had always been my understanding that there are lots of Cowboys fans in DC because of the team's refusal to integrate for nine years after every other NFL team. This article does a lot to dispel that. Still, the only white Cowboys fan from DC that I know is my brother -- and that's because when he was a kid he spent a lot more time visiting our dad's family in Arlington, TX than I did.

There's a lot to unpack in the relationship between the Pigskins and the city's historically majority-black population

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

1 hour ago, schultzcore said:

This just in: https://nypost.com/2019/03/04/jets-expected-leveon-bell-push-comes-with-tevin-coleman-as-plan-b/

The Jets announced they would unveil their new uniforms on April 4. I spoke with two people who have seen them. One said they reminded them of the Eagles’ uniforms. Another said one of the alternate uniforms has black as the predominant color.

Looking like the Eagles is fine, as long as their shade of green is actual green and not dark teal trying to pass as green. The Eagles' uniforms could be a lot worse than they are.

Here's the invite to the unveiling. Notice the angle thing and the gradient to black.

D01UenNWoAMc8Ub.jpg

I'm glad to see the Jets font still staying around and looking at the numbers showing "4/4" in the teaser video, it looks like the numbers are supposed to match the font.

IbjBaeE.png

Cautiously optimistic, I guess. A lighter green and black can work together if black is minimized.

("Cautiously optimistic, I guess" could describe the franchise's entire existence after SB III.)

There’s no way the numbers are italicized like the name font. If I were to guess, they’d probably look something like the jaguars new font. Unique but still very similar to a block football font. 

And I almost guarantee (i have zero inside knowledge) that they aren’t just using the spike on their helmet. It is definitely used on the uniform but not as a primary focus.

Also- I think we can tell that the helmet isn’t going to be matte... unless they added a fake reflection, no matte helmet would give off that kind of a shine at the top. Also it looks to be the same shade of gray as the jersey, and not the color of the numbers. I assume this is green and white respectively. So if I were to guess, it’s a glossy green helmet.

and I’m not sold on anything significant below the Nike swoosh. That can just be the way the jersey sits on the pads with the lighting primarily above/behind.

well see if I’m right, but like I said I have no more knowledge than the rest of you I’m just guessing

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

55 minutes ago, BJ Sands said:

Cautiously optimistic, I guess. A lighter green and black can work together if black is minimized.

("Cautiously optimistic, I guess" could describe the franchise's entire existence after SB III.)

oh, man. you must not know a ton of jets fans. my brethren are usually pretty miserable ("SAME OL' F&@%& JETS!") but i agree with you: i'm starting to get cautiously optimistic about the redesign.

51 minutes ago, flyersfan said:

There’s no way the numbers are italicized like the name font. If I were to guess, they’d probably look something like the jaguars new font. Unique but still very similar to a block football font. 

And I almost guarantee (i have zero inside knowledge) that they aren’t just using the spike on their helmet. It is definitely used on the uniform but not as a primary focus.

Also- I think we can tell that the helmet isn’t going to be matte... unless they added a fake reflection, no matte helmet would give off that kind of a shine at the top. Also it looks to be the same shade of gray as the jersey, and not the color of the numbers. I assume this is green and white respectively. So if I were to guess, it’s a glossy green helmet.

and I’m not sold on anything significant below the Nike swoosh. That can just be the way the jersey sits on the pads with the lighting primarily above/behind.

well see if I’m right, but like I said I have no more knowledge than the rest of you I’m just guessing

i said this a while back, but it just looks so much like a sleeve stripe, or maybe a yoke accent? and i agree with you that we're getting a glossy green helmet.

hey, guys. look, i get it: i'm a jets fan (look at my sig for the true depths of my misery), so i get how regularly they screw things up. but i think they very well may have done a decent job on this.

sig2024.png

19 hours ago, AndrewMLind said:

No, it's pretty clear what and where that is. There's something below the Nike swoosh:

yf2c6FHr.jpg

Going full Zapruder here, but I'm almost positive that player is Leonard Williams, the defensive face of the Jets, and that's his #92 on the shoulders. The number font is obviously hard to see, but looks to be a fairly basic block to me. Certainly doesn't look like anything insane. 

18 minutes ago, Jezus_Ghoti said:

Going full Zapruder here, but I'm almost positive that player is Leonard Williams, the defensive face of the Jets, and that's his #92 on the shoulders. The number font is obviously hard to see, but looks to be a fairly basic block to me. Certainly doesn't look like anything insane. 

Yeah, I mentioned Williams on the last page. I don’t think the number is a block font, though. 

Archived