2020-2021 NHL Changes

squamfan

37 minutes ago, Webhamster said:

Trying to come up with candidates for Ottawa in this program and I can come up with 3 things from their history that they *might* do...

- Red (or white) version of the 2000s alt with the laurel leaf trim

- Black version of the "toga" jersey with the "toga" in white.  Or a white version with the "toga" in red or black.

- White version of the barberpole jersey they used the last few seasons (but not with the vintage white as they did for the Heritage Classic)

If I had to guess, I'd probably go with the laurel leaf jersey in white or red as the most likely.

Another option for the Sens could be a red version of their old/new home jersey.

@noe38concepts (Instagram - Twitter)

spacer.png

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, NoE38_Concepts said:

Another option for the Sens could be a red version of their old/new home jersey.

True, but that kinda defeats the point of the program. Pretty much every leak we've seen is a new design that a team isn't currently using; Pittsburgh and Philly with their 90's sets, Anaheim with the Wild Wing, Vegas in a Thunder fauxback. The Sens just rebranded to that look, their Reverse Retro being the same thing would feel redundant and also probably cannibalize the rebrand jerseys in terms of sales. Not a smart business move.

I'd have to think it'd be the laurel set in red. Fits the retro descriptor, and it's something new that the Senators haven't done yet in a throwback; plus it's something different from the home and away, which makes it less likely to cannibalize sales than if it were just the same thing as the jerseys they just revealed in a different color.

49 minutes ago, Webhamster said:

Trying to come up with candidates for Ottawa in this program and I can come up with 3 things from their history that they *might* do...

- Black version of the "toga" jersey with the "toga" in white.  Or a white version with the "toga" in red or black.

- White version of the barberpole jersey they used the last few seasons (but not with the vintage white as they did for the Heritage Classic)

If I had to guess, I'd probably go with the laurel leaf jersey in white or red as the most likely.

Perhaps a black toga jersey with red/black/red "toga" swoosh...would create synergy with new sweaters.  

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

10 hours ago, Bayne said:

Why

Should have added for the fourth jersey program since Columbus don't have a lot to fall back on.  I rather they bring this out instead of basing their jersey off the Barons.  I know whatever design their going with for next season is already in the bag.  But, if this program is a success, the NHL/Adidas is obviously going to keep churning them out.  Hopefully, not every year like the NBA, but every 3 years or so.  The colour combo is also a tad different from any other team, adding a bit of variety.  

2 hours ago, Ridleylash said:

I'd have to think it'd be the laurel set in red. Fits the retro descriptor, and it's something new that the Senators haven't done yet in a throwback; plus it's something different from the home and away, which makes it less likely to cannibalize sales than if it were just the same thing as the jerseys they just revealed in a different color.

I’d like to see laurel leaf in red but if this program is meant to have contrasting sweaters for matchups with rivals for Ottawa that means Montreal or Toronto (or both). I’m sure both of those teams will be given first preference for a full colour set which means the Sens jersey will likely be white.

2 hours ago, Webhamster said:

I’d like to see laurel leaf in red but if this program is meant to have contrasting sweaters for matchups with rivals for Ottawa that means Montreal or Toronto (or both). I’m sure both of those teams will be given first preference for a full colour set which means the Sens jersey will likely be white.

Toronto should be white, Montreal in blue, Ottawa in red.  No point in Montreal having another red jersey.  Blue version of their home set.  Not much you can do with Toronto except maybe a green jersey for the St. Pats.

This was posted on Icethetics. Could the Kings replace the throwback crown with the current crown, swap the purple and gold for the current colors they won Cups in, and use this concept and font for a new, updated primary logo?

MM_ReverseKings_JustinCox_Logo-1-e160330

58 minutes ago, bowld said:

Feel like my Canucks will either go with a Millionaire's inspired jersey with blue and green sleeve stripes, or a classic skate jersey in blue/green scheme

The Canucks Skate in blue and green would sell so much better than a Millionaires blue and green version. Even a white version of a recoloured Skate would be a hot seller.

12 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

This was posted on Icethetics. Could the Kings replace the throwback crown with the current crown, swap the purple and gold for the current colors they won Cups in, and use this concept and font for a new, updated primary logo?

MM_ReverseKings_JustinCox_Logo-1-e160330

I agree, use the current crown instead of the throwback.I was never a fan of them being silver and black. If they went with silver, black, and purple, that'll be fine with me.

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

23 hours ago, Webhamster said:

Another option would be a recoloured Nationals WHA jersey. Just swap out the blue for black & throw the 2D logo on the front.

spacer.png

7 hours ago, panthers_2012 said:

I agree, use the current crown instead of the throwback.I was never a fan of them being silver and black. If they went with silver, black, and purple, that'll be fine with me.

I would much prefer the realistic classic crown over the pretentious one the Kings currently use. Purple and gold is my first choice but the classic crown would look great in black and silver.

Archived