College Football 2020

Kevin W.

23 hours ago, TenaciousG said:

This is still the only acceptable FSU look:

spacer.png

Nike, ya blew it.

10 hours ago, AndrewMLind said:

The pattern isn’t the issue. It’s that the Mach Speed template brings the pattern to an abrupt stop rather than all the way down to the point if the collar (like it did on the Hypercool template when the set was initially unveiled). 

I was just thinking to myself "the pattern looks good though"... FSU has a great set of uniforms, they just need to switch over to the clean Vapor untouchable template, which is probably the best Nike template there is. The collar is a tad too thick in this pic, but the overall presentation is pretty good.Bk-g0o0IYAMXAGB.jpg:large

• Like 1

Since we're on this tangent of patterns, let me take you back in time a lil' bit...

... First off, circa '94, when the first pattern trim showed up.

72353633.0.jpg

280159.jpg.jpg

A better look...

m_5bfb293945c8b3d574ea23c0.jpg

florida-state-seminoles-fsu-game-used_1_

Apart from the impeded "f", the current pattern really is sort of a callback to this, at least with the fire symbols-- they're just turned and stretched in places to make the pattern. I often get nostalgic for this one.  (And yes, for reasons unknown to mankind FSU still had the mismatched "gold" on their jerseys that late into the decade--up until 1997.  Made for a nice little quirk, though.)

Glades Bold (and proper gold trim on the jerseys) showed up in 1998, along with the pattern many of us knew well, this time based on feathers rather than symbols...

s-l400.jpg

NOP2000010408.jpg

83129202.jpg.0.jpg

BCS-slide-H8ZE-superJumbo.jpg

(I had the toughest time trying to recreate that in Illustrator back in my greenhorn days...)

• Like 3

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Their 1998-2013 look was easily my favorite because of that pattern and its subtle application on the collar and sleeve cuffs. It only got better when the numbers were changed from screenprinted to tackle twill, too. The addition of FSU under the collar in 2011 wasn’t necessarily needed, but not something I minded too much. I wish we could have seen that look on the Vapor Untouchable template rather than the older mesh templates (like the Destroyer in the Jameis Winston photo), though. 

• Like 2

I guess I’m in the minority saying I liked the gold numbers-white outline on the garnet jersey. Thought it meshed well with helmet and pants. Didn’t like them on white jersey though.

• Like 1
KISSwall09.jpg

I understand tradition of FSU and how these were viewed as a disgrace from the traditional look, but tradition aside WOW are these just some of the sexiest uniforms around. That helmet is one of the best helmets in the nation (might be better with a garnet or black facemask). Really wish they'd bust these out in a big time night game. 

spacer.png

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, espnboy13 said:

I understand tradition of FSU and how these were viewed as a disgrace from the traditional look, but tradition aside WOW are these just some of the sexiest uniforms around. That helmet is one of the best helmets in the nation (might be better with a garnet or black facemask). Really wish they'd bust these out in a big time night game. 

It's funny, because the opposite of everything you said is my own opinion.

College football design is completely different from pro football, but that uniform just destroys the boundaries of any classiness or taste whatsoever. It's like they told the designers to go hog wild and throw every kitschy college football uniform element in that they could. 

I guess what I'm trying to say is that those particular uniforms wouldn't look very out of place on Oregon.

• Like 2

On 6/19/2020 at 7:43 AM, Lucas718 said:

I guess the pandemic has really slowed things down.  I feel like this thread would normally be up to 60 pages by now.

July 1 is when new athletic apparel contracts usually kick in so in normal years you'd see a few changes then. I am not aware of any major brand changes.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Not sure that putting "CLT" on the nose bumper is the best idea, but i like the idea of the "pickax C", i think it could've been executed a bit better though. Definite upgrade.

so what are they gonna be, "Spaceknights" now?

Shoot, just reclaim the "Citronauts" moniker and be done with it. That's a more fun nickname, anyway.

• Like 7

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

25 minutes ago, Buc said:

Shoot, just reclaim the "Citronauts" moniker and be done with it. That's a more fun nickname, anyway.

Just mixing one offs because they probably couldn't get a new one done this year.

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

3 hours ago, Buc said:

CitroKnights 

• Like 1

AmPJ0Ty.png