College Football 2020

Kevin W.

Duke’s Mayonnaise Replaces Belk As Title Sponsor Of Charlotte Bowl Game

June 18, 2020 - 21:23 PM

The Charlotte Sports Foundation announced on Thursday that Duke’s Mayonnaise has replaced Belk as the title sponsor of the annual college football bowl game held at Bank of America Stadium in Charlotte, North Carolina. “The Duke’s brand is synonymous with […]

Read More...

FSU finally showed off the updated jerseys with white numbers rather than gold. Much better, but highly disappointed that they did not use this opportunity to update to the much cleaner Vapor Untouchable template or clean up their overly designed look. They could definitely do with a streamlining.

• Like 6

Florida State Seminoles Unveil Updated Home Jerseys With White Numbers

June 19, 2020 - 01:10 AM

Last summer, then-Florida State head coach Willie Taggart announced the Seminoles planned to bring back white numbers on their garnet home jerseys for the 2020 season.  Those plans finally came to fruition on Thursday evening when Florida State shared a […]

Read More...

8 minutes ago, Lucas718 said:

I guess the pandemic has really slowed things down.  I feel like this thread would normally be up to 60 pages by now.

A lot of CFB uni news comes out of spring games, which were all canceled. 

• Like 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

The white numbers definitely do look better.

I understand that people complained the gold numbers looked like Boston College (fair point, especially since BC moved to the ACC), but honestly...BC looked better with white numbers too. 

Former BC tight end Pete Mitchell up for College Football Hall of ...

• Like 2

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

This is still the only acceptable FSU look:

spacer.png

Nike, ya blew it.

• Like 6

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

How many of the new uniform elements since this redesign have been rolled back?

• gold mask abandoned before reveal for garnet
  • garnet masks return to more traditional color
  • gold numbers on white jersey switched back to garnet
  • crossed helmet spears go back to separated
  • yellow shade of gold reverts back to more traditional vegas gold
  • gold numbers on garnet jersey swtich back to white

Going off memory I think the only elements that have now stuck are the slightly modified spears, number font and sleeve/neck patterns. Overall I think think this is a great example of nike overreaching on a pretty classic uniform and attempting to change elements that required zero touch. Personally I think the font change was the only improvement. Overall this effort should be graded out as a sold D which I believe would still put the design team on track to earn a degree at fsu. 😀

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, guest23 said:

How many of the new uniform elements since this redesign have been rolled back?

• gold mask abandoned before reveal for garnet
  • garnet masks return to more traditional color
  • gold numbers on white jersey switched back to garnet
  • crossed helmet spears go back to separated
  • yellow shade of gold reverts back to more traditional vegas gold
  • gold numbers on garnet jersey swtich back to white

Going off memory I think the only elements that have now stuck are the slightly modified spears, number font and sleeve/neck patterns. Overall I think think this is a great example of nike overreaching on a pretty classic uniform and attempting to change elements that required zero touch. Personally I think the font change was the only improvement. Overall this effort should be graded out as a sold D which I believe would still put the design team on track to earn a degree at fsu. 😀

I think it was a case of "ooh we created this new pattern to go with everything, let's use it as much as possible". I think that they did a better job than a D, but they definitely over used the pattern. I'd have stuck it on the sleeves and called it good there. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

20 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

FSU finally showed off the updated jerseys with white numbers rather than gold. Much better, but highly disappointed that they did not use this opportunity to update to the much cleaner Vapor Untouchable template or clean up their overly designed look. They could definitely do with a streamlining.

This is such an improvement. I hated the Boston College-looking gold number.

It took 6 years but they've now slowly but surely corrected every mistake from the initial unveiling. Still prefer the pre-2014 look but this'll do.

9 hours ago, colinturner95 said:

Ea0-aSFWAAAwg9F-590x332.jpeg

Okay. Step 1 achieved. Step 2: get the pattern off the collar. 

Pattern stays...even going back to the early 90s (maybe even late 80s, I'd have to double-check), Florida State has always had some kind of pattern on their collars and cuffs. This one is a nice update...but after so many years I think now I see what it is that’s been missing: the little touches of black in that trim. That said, this one is cool...but they do need to get it off the sleeves. Or...

9 hours ago, TenaciousG said:

This is still the only acceptable FSU look:

spacer.png

Nike, ya blew it.

I really won't disagree on the face. That there is classic FSU, to include the respective shades of garnet and gold. If anything, they should've just simply updated the pattern, maybe add the Unconquered font (in white, as will be whenever/if CFB takes the field again), and left it at that.

7 hours ago, colinturner95 said:

I think it was a case of "ooh we created this new pattern to go with everything, let's use it as much as possible". I think that they did a better job than a D, but they definitely over used the pattern. I'd have stuck it on the sleeves and called it good there. 

Agreed. This is why fanciful things are best left to moderation. (Take note of that for all those who keep clamoring for the Arizona Cardinals to adopt more Southwest native pattern/imagery on their next uniform update...)

• Like 3

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

The pattern isn’t the issue. It’s that the Mach Speed template brings the pattern to an abrupt stop rather than all the way down to the point if the collar (like it did on the Hypercool template when the set was initially unveiled). 

• Like 4