College Football 2020

Kevin W.

2 hours ago, cajunaggie08 said:

It appears Under Armour is attempting to terminate their UCLA deal.

https://twitter.com/latbbolch/status/1276907378202472448?s=19

Backing out of the MLB deal and now trying to back out of this show just how dire the financial situation is at UA.

Hard to believe they were the fastest rising company in the sports apparel industry just a few years back. Another lesson in the dangers of overextension and incredibly irresponsible spending during periods of success.

• Like 3

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

2 hours ago, MDGP said:

Backing out of the MLB deal and now trying to back out of this show just how dire the financial situation is at UA.

Hard to believe they were the fastest rising company in the sports apparel industry just a few years back. Another lesson in the dangers of overextension and incredibly irresponsible spending during periods of success.

I'd expect we could see them turn into a version of Reebok, where they maybe sponsor competitions here and thee and maybe drop out of team sports altogether, save for Maryland collegiate teams. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Under Armor 

4 hours ago, MDGP said:

Under Armor is not in a great financial position but their investment also coincides with a UCLA downturn in both basketball and football as the UA press release hints at.

14 hours ago, O.C.D said:

At best I think it's a shallow PR move and at worst it's a heavy handed attempt to erase a time in history because it makes people uncomfortable.

Don't worry history buffs, I am fairly certain that changing the name of an annual football game between two schools in Oregon will not remove all traces of the American Civil War from our history books, museums, and collective consciousness.

• Like 21

14 hours ago, O.C.D said:

At best I think it's a shallow PR move and at worst it's a heavy handed attempt to erase a time in history because it makes people uncomfortable.

What the :censored: tub of :censored: logic is this?

• Like 7

On 6/27/2020 at 4:44 AM, the admiral said:

Is this another one of those intrastate rivalries where the University of ____ denigrates _____ State as a humble agricultural college for hopeless rubes who were too stupid for the real flagship, and then jangles their keys at them to signify that all they'll ever amount to is parking other people's cars, even though all these Division I universities are well-funded, highly sophisticated, and heavily administrated institutions that have abandoned their public missions and turned aside their own residents in order to get fat on retail-price tuition from the children of Chinese bureaucrats and Gulf State oil barons? If so, cool, I hope the farmers get one back on those stuffed shirts, I hate that lousy dean.

That’s how I’ve seen people who attend University of California clown Cal State schools, even though Cal State technically came first. UC has more prestige.

jersey-signature03.pngjersey-signature04.png

Nothing was ever as obnoxious as Big Ten grads acting like Nebraska joining their sports club turned all their universities into diploma mills.

• Like 3

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Maybe they'll change is to the War on the Willamette? Can't think of anything significantly geographic separating the two. Both are in between the 44th and 45th parallels, and only Route 99W seems to travel between both cities.

Didn't realize they were only about 50 miles apart, and both in the extreme western part of the state.

• Like 1

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Yeah, it's sort of like Oklahoma and Oklahoma State in that regard.

I remember when the Texas-OU series had to be changed from "Red River Shootout" to "Red River Rivalry" because of gun violence, which, well, missionaccomplished.jpg on that one too

• Like 3

1 hour ago, the admiral said:

Nothing was ever as obnoxious as Big Ten grads acting like Nebraska joining their sports club turned all their universities into diploma mills.

The audacity to include a school that isn't a member of the AAU! Next thing you know they'll be adding community colleges

• Like 1

1 hour ago, slapshot said:

Maybe they'll change is to the War on the Willamette? Can't think of anything significantly geographic separating the two. Both are in between the 44th and 45th parallels, and only Route 99W seems to travel between both cities.

Didn't realize they were only about 50 miles apart, and both in the extreme western part of the state.

Unrelated, but it amuses me how often that's the case. Just right off the top of my head...

- Kansas University and K-State are about 80 miles from each other, up in the northeast portion of Kansas, both within 120 miles of KC proper (which is saying something because once you pass Topeka going west or south, you finna hit a whole lotta nada--except for Wichita way down south).

- North Dakota State and NDSU, same thing--both are about 80 miles apart, both right on the eastern border of the state, in Fargo and Grand Forks, respectively (leaving practically the entire rest of the state to the west wide open).

- Even here in South Dakota...South Dakota State is 50 miles north up the road in Brookings; USD is about 50 miles the other way down in Vermillion, both again pretty much on the eastern border (and in the case of USD, pretty much in what I call the "toenail" of the state, not unlike Evansville in Indiana).

I'm sure there are other examples--but let's get back to the Ducks and the Beavs 😁

• Like 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

UNC and NC State are both in the Raleigh area. U of I and Illinois State are about 50 miles apart, but they're both downstate, closer to each other than to the rest of civilization.

• Like 2

Ohio State/Ohio University and Michigan/Michigan State are both within 100 miles of each other as well. Lots of states do not have very even population distribution and proximity tends to amplify rivalries if anything, so it's not a shocking trend.

2 hours ago, sportsfan7 said:

The audacity to include a school that isn't a member of the AAU! Next thing you know they'll be adding community colleges

That's their view towards Cincinnati unfortunately. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

While I understand that "civil war" can refer to any internecine conflict, it's unusual that it wound up in Oregon, when you would expect it in either 

1) a state where the two universities are clearly in the northern and southern parts of the state, hence, a clear allusion to the American Civil War

2) a border state like Missouri or Kentucky.

It doesn't mean anything to me because I don't live out west and I don't like college sports, let's just not pretend this is improving anyone's material conditions. It's cheap talk and you get what you pay for.

• Like 7

the only reason I have had any interest in this game is will it be color vs color. I had no idea it had an official name. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

57 minutes ago, osctheg said:

SJW's gotta SJW

spacer.png

This isn’t “did you just assume it’s gender?” or “all males are evil.” This is a pair of organizations changing up a name due to a particularly heated time in race relations at the moment. It’s not tumblr folks here.

• Like 6