College Football 2020

Kevin W.

43 minutes ago, Germanshepherd said:

They better lean all-in on the Platypus

xNOSp1s.png

This! As a lifelong Duck fan I think this is such a great alternative. It already has history, it's somewhat tongue-in-cheek (works for our region), and it's something the rivalry hasn't had since it went "missing" (there is no rivalry trophy otherwise).

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, BigDmo said:

This! As a lifelong Duck fan I think this is such a great alternative. It already has history, it's somewhat tongue-in-cheek (works for our region), and it's something the rivalry hasn't had since it went "missing" (there is no rivalry trophy otherwise).

It does not get much better than having a half duck/beaver creature as your trophy.

• Like 6

Oregon, Oregon State Rivalry Will No Longer Reference Civil War

June 26, 2020 - 20:56 PM

The longstanding rivalry between the Oregon Ducks and Oregon State Beavers will no longer be referred to as the Civil War, the universities announced in a joint statement on Friday afternoon. “Changing this name is overdue as it represents a […]

Read More...

• Like 1

I am sure the students will come up with a hilarious, sophomoric, and likey obscene name for the battle between the ducks and beavers, if they haven't already. 

If not, then "The Woke Bowl" makes sense for Oregon. 

• Like 2

"a war between opposing groups of citizens of the same country"

It doesn't necessarily mean the American Civil War.

But I'm sure an institute of higher learning knows that already....

• Like 14

2 hours ago, WideRight said:

I am sure the students will come up with a hilarious, sophomoric, and likey obscene name for the battle between the ducks and beavers, if they haven't already. 

If not, then "The Woke Bowl" makes sense for Oregon. 

drive east of Hood River and let us know how that joke works for you. 

• Like 6

27 minutes ago, Digby said:

drive east of Hood River and let us know how that joke works for you. 

I expect that all 12 people who live east of Hood River would not find it very appropriate, but since something like 95% of all Oregonians live west of Hood River, I think it still works. 

• Like 3

Is this another one of those intrastate rivalries where the University of ____ denigrates _____ State as a humble agricultural college for hopeless rubes who were too stupid for the real flagship, and then jangles their keys at them to signify that all they'll ever amount to is parking other people's cars, even though all these Division I universities are well-funded, highly sophisticated, and heavily administrated institutions that have abandoned their public missions and turned aside their own residents in order to get fat on retail-price tuition from the children of Chinese bureaucrats and Gulf State oil barons? If so, cool, I hope the farmers get one back on those stuffed shirts, I hate that lousy dean.

• Like 21

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫