College Football 2020

Kevin W.

BYU To Wear Gifford Nielsen-Era Uniform Combination At Houston

October 15, 2020 - 21:00 PM

The BYU football program will pay tribute to former quarterback Gifford Nielsen by wearing a special uniform combination during Friday night’s game at Houston. It’s not a true throwback uniform in the sense that the Cougars wore white helmets with their white jerseys over royal blue pants twice last season.

Read More...

20 hours ago, mmejia said:

Much cleaner look for my alma mater

I'm so glad to see Sam Houston clean up their look for not just football, but across the entire athletic department. The football team went heavy on using blue as an accent color on whatever template Nike and then Under Armour had on any given year. Meanwhile all the other sports used black as a primary accent color. I have always associated SHSU as a bright orange and white school so it is good to see the extra colors get removed from the mix. I would be ok without the grey outline on the numbers, but it does help the conference patch match some element of the uniform

Georgia Southern To Wear Road Uniforms At Home Against UMass

October 16, 2020 - 14:14 PM

When Georgia Southern’s Oct. 14 game against Appalachian State was postponed due to a coronavirus outbreak within the Mountaineers’ program, the Eagles quickly added UMass to the schedule in their place.  The only issue with that is the Minutemen — who are an FBS Independent program and have yet to

Read More...

12 hours ago, tron1013 said:

South Carolina’s garnet jerseys have been revealed. Not a fan of the striping.

Those are beautiful. I believe the Gamecocks have one of the best uniform sets in all of college football. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

I didn't see any mentions of Pitt's blue pants. I like them, however, I hate monochromatic uniforms and these blue pants would look much better with the white jerseys. I'm guessing it won't be long before Pitt debuts blue helmets with a yellow script.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Durden said:

spacer.png

I didn't see any mentions of Pitt's blue pants. I like them, however, I hate monochromatic uniforms and these blue pants would look much better with the white jerseys. I'm guessing it won't be long before Pitt debuts blue helmets with a yellow script.

I just assumed Pitt wore blue pants because they were forced to wear blue jerseys for an away game. I don't see them wearing a blue helmet any time soon, but I could be wrong. 

BC's "throwback" look continues to be better than their regular uniforms. 

• Like 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I am a Penn Stater so naturally I hate Pitt. but, the Blue and Yellow of now is way better than the Navy and Gold of past. The yellow really pops in person. The blue pants are not as good as the yellow, (and the stripe in them is not the same color as helmet and jersey because of the pattern. But they are playing BC who has gold and gold, it may just be a clash look, and not them trying to make it stick.

Ole Miss, the gray pants look i actually did like. But i'm totally cool with the white too. However, there needs to be more red on the uniform. The helmet is so off when they wear the set they do, so either like a red number outline, or some red pant stripe, just something. Or change the helmet to match the look a bit more.

• Like 1

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

31 minutes ago, flyersfan said:

Ole Miss, the gray pants look i actually did like. But i'm totally cool with the white too. However, there needs to be more red on the uniform. The helmet is so off when they wear the set they do, so either like a red number outline, or some red pant stripe, just something. Or change the helmet to match the look a bit more.

Yeah even if Ole Miss wore white pants with the regular thick red and navy stripes it'd look better than no stripes. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I don't think there is any concern about clashing. A few years ago, I attended the Pitt/Georgia Tech game when Pitt wore navy blue and Vegas gold. There were several times during the game where i was momentarily confused as to which team was which due to the clash of colors.

25 minutes ago, Durden said:

I don't think there is any concern about clashing. A few years ago, I attended the Pitt/Georgia Tech game when Pitt wore navy blue and Vegas gold. There were several times during the game where i was momentarily confused as to which team was which due to the clash of colors.

I dont think the yellow v gold is a clashing issue, but its a lot closer than gold v blue. I hate when teams come in to Penn State and wear all white, as penn state's home uniform is so white-heavy, it gets lost, especially on the rainy days

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

20 hours ago, Hat Boy said:

After BYU's press release announcing they will wear the Gifford Nielsen-era uniforms vs Houston, they need a press release explaining who Gifford Nielsen is.  I don't think anyone outside of Utah knows.

I'm a Utahn and member of the LDS Church and I had to Google him. Sooooooooo ...

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

20 minutes ago, fouhy12 said:

I don't understand why they're waiting so long to wear the red jerseys. That uniform is the best of the set. 

According to the bucs uniforms schedule they will only wear red 4 times this year (3 at home once on road at NYG) they wore white at home in 3 home games and the pewter color rush will be 2 other home games

bucs should pair white jerseys with pewter pants like they did before