Kevin W.

College Football 2020

Recommended Posts

This has probably been covered already, but it’s really weird seeing ACC stuff on Notre Dame’s field and uniforms. I know they have their scheduling agreement, but I assume this is the first time they’ve done this since they’re playing a full ACC slate this season with everything being wonky, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This Florida State/North Carolina is very pleasing on a visual level.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/15/2020 at 7:48 PM, tron1013 said:

South Carolina’s garnet jerseys have been revealed. Not a fan of the striping.

 

 

On 10/16/2020 at 8:36 AM, nuordr said:

Those are beautiful. I believe the Gamecocks have one of the best uniform sets in all of college football. 

 

I like the template, but I agree, on the garnets unis, the black stripe isn't contrasting enough to have it be the primary / thicker one. I assume they're going for consistency with the helmet where the white are the secondary / outside stripes, but I think it'd look better (and more consistent with the numbers / lettering), if we had the white inside with black outside striping. I do think it's exacerbated by having black helmets and garnet pants: a splash of white would have likely done a lot to balance out the look.

 

In its current iteration, it has a mid-2000s aesthetic to me, and not in a good way:

 

spacer.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

This Florida State/North Carolina is very pleasing on a visual level.

If it was the EJ Manuel era FSU unis, would’ve been an 11/10. As it stands was pretty dang good looking 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sleuthpanther said:

If it was the EJ Manuel era FSU unis, would’ve been an 11/10. As it stands was pretty dang good looking 


For sure. I personally despise the new font and collar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sleuthpanther said:

If it was the EJ Manuel era FSU unis, would’ve been an 11/10. As it stands was pretty dang good looking 

Unpopular opinion: their current look is the best they’ve ever looked. It’s a unique look that stands out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/17/2020 at 4:30 PM, Red Wolf said:

This has probably been covered already, but it’s really weird seeing ACC stuff on Notre Dame’s field and uniforms. I know they have their scheduling agreement, but I assume this is the first time they’ve done this since they’re playing a full ACC slate this season with everything being wonky, right?

 

Correct. Assuming a full normal season is played next year, the patch and field markings will be gone next year as Notre Dame will no longer be playing for an ACC championship in football. Of course pigs could finally start flying and Notre Dame could decide to jump in and become a full ACC member

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/18/2020 at 1:46 PM, SSmith48 said:

Unpopular opinion: their current look is the best they’ve ever looked. It’s a unique look that stands out.

Now that they have white numbers, it's the best they've ever looked

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/18/2020 at 1:46 PM, SSmith48 said:

Unpopular opinion: their current look is the best they’ve ever looked. It’s a unique look that stands out.

 

It took like 5 years but they slowly but surely corrected every mistake from the initial unveiling (Helmet/facemask color, crossed spears, number colors on both jerseys) and they look pretty good now. I still prefer the previous set though. The collar and sleeve trim were more subtle and the Garnet was more leaned more towards red than burgundy/maroon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New State alts for 11/14 vs Florida State - Blood Moon

 

Original Speculation from teaser video...

Spoiler

 

Judging from this...

Matte Black helmet with regular sized Tuffy head logo, no stripe.

Red jersey color swap with black and chrome outline on numbers/striping and WOLFPACK instead of NC STATE on chest.

Black Pants, maybe NC STATE on pants leg instead of Wolfpack in the red/chrome coloring - maybe just plain black?


 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Union Home Mortgage Named New Title Sponsor Of Gasparilla Bowl

October 20, 2020 - 16:36 PM

Union Home Mortgage announced on Tuesday it has signed a multi-year deal to become the new title sponsor of the Gasparilla Bowl, held annually at Raymond James Stadium in Tampa, Fla.  “We’re thrilled to make this announcement in the dynamic and vibrant Tampa Bay region with an organization that is

Read More...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Texas introduced 1970 championship throwbacks:

 

 

It essentially looks like a modern update to the current unis. As much as I love the "Texas" on the front of the regular jerseys (it's just classic)...the unis really don't need it thanks to a strong brand. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Utah bookstore is selling a white throwback. I expect it to be a white version of the "throwback" that Utah has used for every homecoming since 2015.

 

spacer.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Texas introduced 1970 championship throwbacks:

 

 

It essentially looks like a modern update to the current unis. As much as I love the "Texas" on the front of the regular jerseys (it's just classic)...the unis really don't need it thanks to a strong brand. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, frosty06306 said:

New State alts for 11/14 vs Florida State - Blood Moon

 

Original Speculation from teaser video...

  Reveal hidden contents

 

Judging from this...

Matte Black helmet with regular sized Tuffy head logo, no stripe.

Red jersey color swap with black and chrome outline on numbers/striping and WOLFPACK instead of NC STATE on chest.

Black Pants, maybe NC STATE on pants leg instead of Wolfpack in the red/chrome coloring - maybe just plain black?

 

 

 

 

 

Thought that was Arky State at first glance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.