College Football 2020

Kevin W.

This has probably been covered already, but it’s really weird seeing ACC stuff on Notre Dame’s field and uniforms. I know they have their scheduling agreement, but I assume this is the first time they’ve done this since they’re playing a full ACC slate this season with everything being wonky, right?

On 10/15/2020 at 7:48 PM, tron1013 said:

South Carolina’s garnet jerseys have been revealed. Not a fan of the striping.

On 10/16/2020 at 8:36 AM, nuordr said:

Those are beautiful. I believe the Gamecocks have one of the best uniform sets in all of college football. 

I like the template, but I agree, on the garnets unis, the black stripe isn't contrasting enough to have it be the primary / thicker one. I assume they're going for consistency with the helmet where the white are the secondary / outside stripes, but I think it'd look better (and more consistent with the numbers / lettering), if we had the white inside with black outside striping. I do think it's exacerbated by having black helmets and garnet pants: a splash of white would have likely done a lot to balance out the look.

In its current iteration, it has a mid-2000s aesthetic to me, and not in a good way:

spacer.png

2 hours ago, sleuthpanther said:

If it was the EJ Manuel era FSU unis, would’ve been an 11/10. As it stands was pretty dang good looking 

For sure. I personally despise the new font and collar.

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

2 hours ago, sleuthpanther said:

If it was the EJ Manuel era FSU unis, would’ve been an 11/10. As it stands was pretty dang good looking 

Unpopular opinion: their current look is the best they’ve ever looked. It’s a unique look that stands out.

• Like 12

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

On 10/17/2020 at 4:30 PM, Red Wolf said:

This has probably been covered already, but it’s really weird seeing ACC stuff on Notre Dame’s field and uniforms. I know they have their scheduling agreement, but I assume this is the first time they’ve done this since they’re playing a full ACC slate this season with everything being wonky, right?

Correct. Assuming a full normal season is played next year, the patch and field markings will be gone next year as Notre Dame will no longer be playing for an ACC championship in football. Of course pigs could finally start flying and Notre Dame could decide to jump in and become a full ACC member

On 10/18/2020 at 1:46 PM, SSmith48 said:

Unpopular opinion: their current look is the best they’ve ever looked. It’s a unique look that stands out.

It took like 5 years but they slowly but surely corrected every mistake from the initial unveiling (Helmet/facemask color, crossed spears, number colors on both jerseys) and they look pretty good now. I still prefer the previous set though. The collar and sleeve trim were more subtle and the Garnet was more leaned more towards red than burgundy/maroon.

New State alts for 11/14 vs Florida State - Blood Moon

Original Speculation from teaser video...

Spoiler

Judging from this...

Matte Black helmet with regular sized Tuffy head logo, no stripe.

Red jersey color swap with black and chrome outline on numbers/striping and WOLFPACK instead of NC STATE on chest.

Black Pants, maybe NC STATE on pants leg instead of Wolfpack in the red/chrome coloring - maybe just plain black?

Union Home Mortgage Named New Title Sponsor Of Gasparilla Bowl

October 20, 2020 - 16:36 PM

Union Home Mortgage announced on Tuesday it has signed a multi-year deal to become the new title sponsor of the Gasparilla Bowl, held annually at Raymond James Stadium in Tampa, Fla.  “We’re thrilled to make this announcement in the dynamic and vibrant Tampa Bay region with an organization that is

Read More...

Texas introduced 1970 championship throwbacks:

It essentially looks like a modern update to the current unis. As much as I love the "Texas" on the front of the regular jerseys (it's just classic)...the unis really don't need it thanks to a strong brand. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

14 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Texas introduced 1970 championship throwbacks:

It essentially looks like a modern update to the current unis. As much as I love the "Texas" on the front of the regular jerseys (it's just classic)...the unis really don't need it thanks to a strong brand. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, frosty06306 said:

New State alts for 11/14 vs Florida State - Blood Moon

Original Speculation from teaser video...

Reveal hidden contents

Judging from this...

Matte Black helmet with regular sized Tuffy head logo, no stripe.

Red jersey color swap with black and chrome outline on numbers/striping and WOLFPACK instead of NC STATE on chest.

Black Pants, maybe NC STATE on pants leg instead of Wolfpack in the red/chrome coloring - maybe just plain black?

Thought that was Arky State at first glance

• Like 2