College Football 2020

Kevin W.

On 10/3/2020 at 9:41 PM, SSmith48 said:

Looks like Charlotte was forced to change their numbers to green on their white jerseys. Looks MILES better. 

Also FAU needs to just stick with the white helmet from here on out. 

Big 3rd quarter leads FAU past Charlotte – The North State Journal

I like how they added double outlines to the numbers so it is still technically green-gold-green and thus technically consistent with with the shoulder stripes. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, tron1013 said:

I like how they added double outlines to the numbers so it is still technically green-gold-green and thus technically consistent with with the shoulder stripes. 

I’d love to see them put some striping on the green helmet to tie it all together. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, tron1013 said:

This is the company that tackled Charlotte's jersey number changes. It almost looks like they just slapped a green layer on top of the existing gold/green number

• Like 5

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

42 minutes ago, Clintau24 said:

This is the company that tackled Charlotte's jersey number changes. It almost looks like they just slapped a green layer on top of the existing gold/green number

As someone who's worked in a similar field of work, even just seeing two pics, they f'kn nailed it. 

• Like 3

AmPJ0Ty.png 

2 hours ago, Clintau24 said:

Sooo...is that to imply that the original white jerseys weren't NCAA compliant? And if not...you mean to tell me no one thought to check with the NCAA to see if the (re)design was compliant before unveiling them in the first place? And did they not learn from Florida State's blunder five years ago? (Speaking of blunders...yeah. I still don't know how that one got past the NCAA compliance people.)

• Like 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

12 minutes ago, Buc said:

Sooo...is that to imply that the original white jerseys weren't NCAA compliant? And if not...you mean to tell me no one thought to check with the NCAA to see if the (re)design was compliant before unveiling them in the first place? And did they not learn from Florida State's blunder five years ago? (Speaking of blunders...yeah. I still don't know how that one got past the NCAA compliance people.)

They probably got the go ahead and then the NCAA realized the gold wasn't as dark as it needed to be. Seeing as Bethune Cookman and other FCS teams have gotten away with numbers that are the same color as the jersey with a wide outline as their attempt top make them readable. 

FAMU, B-CU count on Florida Classic to help with constant battle for  funding - Orlando Sentinel

Bryce Coward - Football - Bethune-Cookman University Athletics

Bethune-Cookman University is fourth school to leave MEAC since 2018

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

3 hours ago, Buc said:

I think this came up earlier in this thread, but one of the TV commentators in Charlotte's first game against App State was saying that they should've been penalized and lost a timeout in each half because the jerseys violated the NCAA's guidelines on contrasting colors. I think the officials let it slide since Charlotte apparently didn't get their jerseys until right before that first  game on 9/12; they supposedly even had to have some of the players' moms helping sew the names on the back because they were so pressed for time. Due to the COVID cancellations and postponements, Charlotte did have 3 weeks between their first and second game so thankfully were able to find the above-noted vendor, who had ample time and did a bang up job remedying the perceived problem with the numbers.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Buc said:

Honestly, I don’t know if the NCAA requires pre-screening uniforms for compliance. I know we do so as a courtesy to the schools (definitely cuts down on headaches and is one less thing for a busy staff to worry about), but I think some tend to treat it as a “it’s better to ask for forgiveness, not permission” situation. 😂

• Like 1

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

On 7/8/2020 at 3:58 PM, colinturner95 said:

This is pretty funny as I am from Idaho ;)

Speaking of Idaho, new helmets this season!  But with the Big Sky moving all fall sports to the spring, we will have to wait until next year to see them in action.  Maybe new uniforms to go with these as well?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tron1013 said:

they supposedly even had to have some of the players' moms helping sew the names on the back because they were so pressed for time.

Seems like it would have been easier to go without names on the back of the jerseys for week 1.

Truth be told, names on the back of jerseys is one of those unnecessary things in sports we've been trained to accept.

• Like 1

Hotter Than July > Thriller

Can't speak on the current "NCAA approval process for jerseys," but an old interview with the Under Armour designer that created the failed South Carolina Wounded Warrior jerseys stated that they send a few samples to the on-field officials to test out. One official said he makes his wife stand in the backyard wearing the jersey to see if he can decipher the numbers from afar.

It's a good interview. Listen if you have time: https://makersofsport.com/episodes/11/adam-clement

• Like 3

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

17 hours ago, dcameronh said:

This is pretty funny as I am from Idaho ;)

Speaking of Idaho, new helmets this season!  But with the Big Sky moving all fall sports to the spring, we will have to wait until next year to see them in action.  Maybe new uniforms to go with these as well?

Idaho should dump the old gold and go with the athletic gold. Though I'm not sold on the grey facemask here. Feel like black would work better. 

2 hours ago, cajunaggie08 said:

Small but important change for Utah. Pants stripe now continues straight down and doesnt make a sharp turn toward the back of the legs

2019 Pants

Perfect change for Utah. 

• Like 1

AmPJ0Ty.png 

UNLV released a new set of uniforms featuring an eclectic collection of helmet options. Digging the helmet choices, especially the metallic red and gray (they match the flashiness of LV), but can't help but feel that they uniforms are a worse recolor of their previous set:

Trio.jpg

Screen Shot 2020-10-07 at 3.52.21 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-10-07 at 3.52.34 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-10-07 at 3.51.50 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-10-07 at 3.51.25 PM.png

Previous uniforms for comparison:

UNLV spring football practices, season face uncertain future | Las Vegas  Review-Journal

Several UNLV football games to be live-streamed this season

5 things to look for when UNLV plays San Jose State on Saturday | Las Vegas  Review-Journal

And these make me somewhat nostalgic for this set for reasons I cannot explain:

Rebels' 2012 Football Schedule Released – CBS Las Vegas

• Like 1

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

36 minutes ago, SSmith48 said:

UNLV released a new set of uniforms featuring an eclectic collection of helmet options. Digging the helmet choices, especially the metallic red and gray (they match the flashiness of LV), but can't help but feel that they uniforms are a worse recolor of their previous set:

Trio.jpg

Screen Shot 2020-10-07 at 3.52.21 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-10-07 at 3.52.34 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-10-07 at 3.51.50 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-10-07 at 3.51.25 PM.png

Previous uniforms for comparison:

UNLV spring football practices, season face uncertain future | Las Vegas  Review-Journal

Several UNLV football games to be live-streamed this season

5 things to look for when UNLV plays San Jose State on Saturday | Las Vegas  Review-Journal

And these make me somewhat nostalgic for this set for reasons I cannot explain:

Rebels' 2012 Football Schedule Released – CBS Las Vegas

These look like someone in the UNLV athletic department saw Wazzou’s set from last few years and then tried to mimic them in the Nike Custom Uniforms design-a-jersey website. The new numbering looks similar to the “Spartan” font Nike offers in its online DIY catalogue. Anyone know if Nike had much if any creative role in this update?

The satin red UNLV helmets were better than the new ones. Don’t like this update... it’s not crazy cool and really, it’s just not needed.

• Like 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

10 hours ago, tron1013 said:

These look like someone in the UNLV athletic department saw Wazzou’s set from last few years and then tried to mimic them in the Nike Custom Uniforms design-a-jersey website. The new numbering looks similar to the “Spartan” font Nike offers in its online DIY catalogue. Anyone know if Nike had much if any creative role in this update?

Doubtful. These look like pure catalog uniforms. The helmets look nice but that's about it. 

AmPJ0Ty.png