College Football 2020

Kevin W.

5 hours ago, tron1013 said:

Replacing the gold star in a circle with an * as below makes this accurate.

spacer.png

I get the recruiting hype train, but how does have 85 different "crests" promote the notion of a "uniform" jersey? And why are they relying on sub-Game of Thrones level "house" logos? Are these going to be helmet stickers? The whole thing is really bizarre and seems to promote individual players over the team. 

Honestly, I hope it ends up on the helmet or as a jersey patch. This is a fantastic evolution of merit decals without feeling like they're copying Ohio State/FSU/etc. They all look similar enough that from afar they look like a standard piece of the uniform, but different enough that the individual players have something to show off. I generally lean towards classic when it comes to uniform, but this is something incredibly creative and new. 

• Like 5

12 hours ago, mcrosby said:

Honestly, I hope it ends up on the helmet or as a jersey patch. This is a fantastic evolution of merit decals without feeling like they're copying Ohio State/FSU/etc. They all look similar enough that from afar they look like a standard piece of the uniform, but different enough that the individual players have something to show off. I generally lean towards classic when it comes to uniform, but this is something incredibly creative and new. 

That would be a neat thing to do as a jersey patch for Senior Day, since their "family history" would be completed at that time. 

• Like 3

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 9/25/2020 at 8:46 AM, CLEstones said:

I mean, I get why the striping on the orange sleeves are different, but that doesn't mean it doesn't annoy me.

I also feel like the alt. should have orange-white-orange UCLA stripes.

I DON'T get why it's different.. it should match the ORANGE helmet.. there's actually even less reason to make it different..

On 9/29/2020 at 1:57 PM, tron1013 said:

Replacing the gold star in a circle with an * as below makes this accurate.

spacer.png

I get the recruiting hype train, but how does have 85 different "crests" promote the notion of a "uniform" jersey? And why are they relying on sub-Game of Thrones level "house" logos? Are these going to be helmet stickers? The whole thing is really bizarre and seems to promote individual players over the team. 

Never underestimate the power of individualized trinkets to help promote esprit de corps amongst the troops--especially amongst the college-age populus. (Shoot, the company I started out with out of CDL school gave us the option of having our names put on our trucks, with certain "badge" decals alongside it--and even at 28 I found that cool.  Gives a sense of "ownership" one way.) 

11 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

That would be a neat thing to do as a jersey patch for Senior Day, since their "family history" would be completed at that time. 

It wouldn't shock me if they become a permanent patch on their jerseys a la the NFL's captain's patches. The Army West Point Cadet Black Knights does this from time to time with their uniforms, or did for a while, with certain unit patches. 

Whatever the case, I'm willing to bet dollars what they just created at UCF is gonna spark off a trend all across CFB if not college sports period...I can see it now.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Maybe those personal UCF crests should go on back of the helmets. Sorta like how Fresno State has the green V San Joaquin Valley decals.

Does Fresno even still have green V decals?

Hotter Than July > Thriller

10 minutes ago, 4_tattoos said:

Maybe those personal UCF crests should go on back of the helmets. Sorta like how Fresno State has the green V San Joaquin Valley decals.

Does Fresno even still have green V decals?

I like that idea but would they have to change each week for new accolades?

4 minutes ago, jerrylawless3 said:

New black helmet for Vandy. StarV and anchor stripe are replaced with throwback script and Nashville skyline. There were rumors months back that a full throwback uniform was on the way, but Covid my have thwarted those plans and left them with just the decals.

https://twitter.com/KrisFreemanPA/status/1255650054645469187?s=20

The helmet would be far better without the skyline. 

It's also weird that Vandy uses a naval theme but their color choices (e.g., gold helmets, gray pants worn last year) look like something Army would wear. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

6 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

The helmet would be far better without the skyline. 

It's also weird that Vandy uses a naval theme but their color choices (e.g., gold helmets, gray pants worn last year) look like something Army would wear. 

At least they decided on keeping school colors instead of trying to cosplay as Navy. 

• Like 2

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Perspecta Named New Title Sponsor Of The Military Bowl

October 1, 2020 - 20:56 PM

The Military Bowl Foundation announced earlier this week that Perspecta Inc. will be the new presenting sponsor of the Military Bowl for at least the next three seasons.  “We have enjoyed a strong partnership with Perspecta and are thrilled to take it to the next level,” Military Bowl Foundation president

Read More...

As anticipated, South Carolina has updated the striping on the white helmet to match the previously leaked new white jerseys and the fauxback white pants worn initially last season. They’ll get pasted this weekend in the Swamp but at least they’ll look good

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 6

7 hours ago, jerrylawless3 said:

Closer look at the helmet. Previous black helmet was matte, new lid is gloss with some serious gold flaking (which in itself is a throwback to when the black helmets were first revived years ago).

Honestly this is better than some of the stuff the Commodores have worn in the past. Love the gold flake effect! 

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

12 hours ago, jerrylawless3 said:

Closer look at the helmet. Previous black helmet was matte, new lid is gloss with some serious gold flaking (which in itself is a throwback to when the black helmets were first revived years ago).

Is Vandy playing a day game? These are going to look awful and illegible unless they are under the lights at night.

14 hours ago, tron1013 said:

As anticipated, South Carolina has updated the striping on the white helmet to match the previously leaked new white jerseys and the fauxback white pants worn initially last season. They’ll get pasted this weekend in the Swamp but at least they’ll look good

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

These are really nice

Love those South Carolina uniforms. They're consistently one of the best dressed teams in the SEC. 

As for Florida, I'd expect them to counter with either O/B/W or O/B/B. Either would look good, but I'm hoping for white pants. Keep it classic for the first home game of the season.

ExJworW.png