Patriots Unveil New Uniforms

Wentz2Jeffery

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, FlyingBuckeye7 said:

So has anyone seen anything at all about the Patriots new uniforms? Is this even confirmed at all with any dates, leaks, or general ideas about what’s coming? Or are we still speculating at this point?

Only just hearsay from pro shop workers that it’ll be color rush with a new color rush style road jersey. No idea if those guys actually know anything.

8 hours ago, monkeypower said:

Was there a reasoning for the vertical stripes in those Pats jerseys or did they just think it was neat? Like a case of  Nike StarterSpeak for the stripes representing the American flag or something?

American flag has stripes...

7 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

I miss those days. 

“We did it because we think it looks cool.”

That would be so refreshing. 

Well, I think it was more along the lines of “Hey, there are some soccer uniforms that have done this” (and there were at the time), so “Let’s try this on a football jersey”. And IMHO, it did look cool.

14 minutes ago, dont care said:

Uh I really need to site that the American flag has stripes?

I think he means do you have a source that the american flag strips were the inspiration for the Patriots stripes.  I kinda doubt it myself - I just think they thought it was cool.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Were the drop-shadow-italic numbers supposed to evoke soccer? Or was that also just "I dunno, looked cool"? Because I really did like those numbers. They look cool. It's a funny coincidence that the Patriots used them while they were playing footsie with Hartford, and then the Whalers started using those same numbers right after they left Hartford.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived