Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, ramsjetsthunder said:

Typically, logos grow on me the more I look at them. It has been the opposite with this. At first I was like, "Well, it's not awful. The horn is a little funky though." Now, however, I see the huge mistake that this logo was. My only hope is that they didn't change the helmet horns.

In anticipating a bad uniform, let's not forget that there seems to be a trend of fixing these things five years later.

I don't know if the team had plans on changing the helmet horns, but considering the backlash to the logo leak I have a feeling the classic horns will be back. It's too late to change the logo, but changing a helmet decal shouldn't cause too many issues. The one positive I'm getting from this leak is that it looks like they're going with the classic shade of blue instead of playing Michigan Wolverine dress up.

I can see why the Chargers wanted to come up with an LA monogram for their first season, but the Rams had 50 years of history in the city without one and did just fine.

44 minutes ago, hawk36 said:

That's a very interesting improvement. I still don't like it overall but hate it less that way. 

49 minutes ago, ramsjetsthunder said:

Chris said that there were multiple shades of yellow and a gradient on the real logo. Could we actually see something like this? In which case, my opinion of the logo changes drastically!

3ci8fYI.png

EDIT: It appears that while I was designing this, everyone had the same thought as me.

A white>yellow>gold gradient horn now intrigues me a ton and I feel like the whole "marry the era" theory that was mentioned briefly earlier in this thread would totally in that instance make sense.  You have my attention.  Also, it looks much better without the spacing between the colors, which I'm hoping is the case. 

20 minutes ago, j'villejags said:

I'd guess option B makes the most sense here, as it would have highlights/shadows where they should be. 

Anyone else feeling like they could be trying to tie in all 3 eras here? White horns, athletic gold horns, and metallic gold horns... 

ramshelmets-3117.jpg

I like this merging eras idea way more than I thought I would. 

57 minutes ago, ramsjetsthunder said:

Chris said that there were multiple shades of yellow and a gradient on the real logo. Could we actually see something like this? In which case, my opinion of the logo changes drastically!

3ci8fYI.png

EDIT: It appears that while I was designing this, everyone had the same thought as me.

Would it be possible to get a version of it with “la” in blue and the yellow horn gradient?

1 hour ago, ramsjetsthunder said:

3ci8fYI.png

Actually, could you do the same

logo with “la” being blue and leaving everything else the same including the white portion of the horn?

What if it's just two different shades?  Let's say yellow and gold, eliminate the white. How would that look on the logo and the helmet.  Like a yellow>gold>yellow gradient?  Here's hoping they fill us in soon and clear up some of the confusion. 

40 minutes ago, j'villejags said:

ramshelmets-3117.jpg

Is there anything wrong with these three helmets?  The best option (that we are not getting) would have been an updated version of the Throwback, Home and Away, Yellow CR, and the 70s Whites with the White Horn and Gray Facemask. Speaking of Gray Facemasks, I am snow realizing how good it looks on the Rams helmet from that photo.

da0Lbhs.png

3 hours ago, Lights Out said:

That logo is brutally bad. I'm not optimistic for what their uniforms are going to look like now.

LA seems to be cursed when it comes to rebrands lately. First the Clippers' rushed rebrand, then the Chargers' embarrassing LA monogram, now this mess. I don't know why the Rams felt they needed to change the logo anyway. All they had to do was recolor the one they already had and bring back the sleeve horn unis full-time, it's not that hard.

Dont forget the botch that is the current Lakers. Terrible yellow color on the "home" uniform and that abomination that is the purple.

The "neon" logo on the draft cap would suggest (to me) that no part of the horn will be white. Additionally, I'm not sure how having a white horn would work when the logo is applied on a white background. It makes sense for just the "LA" portion to change to blue on a white background, while the entire horn remains yellow.

Archived