NBA Changes 2020/21

SportsLogos.Net News

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Several teams are doing baseline ads like the Bulls. The Cavs and Warriors are two other examples.

Speaking of the Cavs, after doing mashups of different eras for the old “CavFanatic” uniforms and two city editions, it’s amusing that the whole league is apparently going to follow their lead for the 75th anniversary.

So with the league getting ad-heavy, what happens to games like 2K?  I know you all might not care too much, but when when they first started jersey patches, they were also put in the game.  But now with court ads too, will they be in or just left blank?  Regardless, it looks gross.

592634da4cadb_sportsteamssig.png.c86c5b40ec930f46f206deec327ba08b.png

1 hour ago, itsmb8 said:

So with the league getting ad-heavy, what happens to games like 2K?  I know you all might not care too much, but when when they first started jersey patches, they were also put in the game.  But now with court ads too, will they be in or just left blank?  Regardless, it looks gross.

2k (or Live) uses national tv courts which are (were?) without ads.

4r2eer.png

5 hours ago, itsmb8 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if that doesn't turn out to be another revenue opportunity for someone, whether it be the teams or the game producer. Sell one sponsorship to the real court and a second one for the virtual court at a reduced cost. Frankly, it's stupid if they DON'T do that. If they're gonna go all in, go in all the way. 

Personally, as a guy that does photoshopped courts here on this forum, it pains me to know that baseline ads are now existing. They're probably the worst thing that's happened to NBA sports design since the NBA logo was pushed to the back of the jersey in 2014. It's like there's no more opportunities for one long-word (ex. Philadelphia or Milwaukee) or one-line (ex. Houston Rockets) baselines. 

Although the Warriors kinda did it pretty well. They're the only one who has pulled it off well IMO.

Ep29MBhUYAIUR-J?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Celtics Wear “TOMMY” Patch on Jerseys

December 24, 2020 - 15:27 PM

The Boston Celtics debuted a special memorial patch on their green Icon jerseys for their 2020-2021 season opener last night against the Milwaukee Bucks. A black band which read “TOMMY” in white block lettering, the tribute was done so in honour of Tommy Heinsohn, a former Celtics player, coach, and

Read More...

7 hours ago, pepis21 said:

2k (or Live) uses national tv courts which are (were?) without ads.

Correct, the old rules were a) ads only on the sideline, not baseline and b) they had to be switched out for nationally aired games.

seems both those guidelines are kaput.

AND we get the poorly CGI’ed ads from the bubble returning for the broadcasters, too!

1 hour ago, TheRealPepman said:

It's like there's no more opportunities for one long-word (ex. Philadelphia or Milwaukee) or one-line (ex. Houston Rockets) baselines. 

Well it hasn't come to Philly quite yet, I don't think. I'm watching a replay and the SIxers still have the script Philadelphia on the baselines.

The Wizards had only Capital One ads on the baselines for all of the abbreviated year in 19-20...so likely no change this year lol.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

3 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Well it hasn't come to Philly quite yet, I don't think. I'm watching a replay and the SIxers still have the script Philadelphia on the baselines.

What I meant is that if NBA court designers were to create courts in the future, they'll have to consider those baseline ads and have them blend well enough with the rest of the design. 

For example, If I were in their position, I don't see myself putting "Philadelphia" beside a baseline ad. It just looks off. 

This Bucks/Warriors matchup is pretty much everything that is wrong with the NBA’s current uniform landscape. The Bucks are in various shades of blue (which is only a quinary color for them), on a court that is almost entirely green, against the visiting Warriors who are wearing white. Just terrible all around.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

7 minutes ago, TJKiddsHead said:

whose idea was it for the bucks to cosplay as the mavericks?

Combination Mavs/90s Cavs. They look fine in isolation, but not in the context of the sports team they're supposed to represent. So perfect for the City program.

EDIT: Also, the world really wants Christmas uniforms. Maybe next year.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Bucks really need an alternate court. What do casual fans even think when they get a glimpse of the game? One team is wearing white blue and yellow and the other is wearing blue on blue all on a green court

If teams like the cavs, kings, and hawks roll out new courts like every year I don't see how the bucks can't. 

IMG-7122.gif

Archived