NBA Changes 2020/21

SportsLogos.Net News

11 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

Wow, they got the OVO logo on the court. Guess it's allowed considering teams put ads on their courts now. That wood pattern is fantastic though.

Exl5NlXWQAMgWox?format=jpg&name=large

I wish they would have made the gold darker on the logo or made it black, but nonetheless, this is amazing.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, pelicanfan said:

i know no one would care but i noticed the actual out of bounds line and the key are the same color so that means the players get an extra inch of space in the key. so a one inch advantage that probably could have saved a lot of turnovers in the past lol

252159-E5-06-D0-4621-89-FF-8850-A4-DF80-

Any part that is painted gold is out of bounds. 

3 hours ago, phutmasterflex said:

Yes but that wasn't what the OP was saying. The line for out of bounds and they key are the same color. That is a poor design 

Ahhh, I see. Didn't think about that before but he's right. That's bound (no pun intended) to be an issue sooner or later. 

3 hours ago, dont care said:

Cant say that when there is no gold around the NBA logo at mid court.

I stand corrected once again! 

20 hours ago, dont care said:

Diagonal isn’t the same thing as a chevron which is “V” shaved up or down. Kind of ironic since they are playing against a team known for their diagonal sash. 

Didn’t catch the other end of the court, eh? 🙂

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

7 hours ago, Haz_Matt said:

Last night's Clippers vs Bucks game looked bad. SportsCenter host even commented during the highlights that someone needed to wear home whites

spacer.png

This is the second time a bad clash has happened with the Clippers gray jerseys. I think the issue is that they're classified as "light jerseys" to be worn against dark colors - it would be better as a dark jersey to be worn against white (although that still wouldn't be great to watch). 

ExJworW.png

25 minutes ago, Magic Dynasty said:

This is the second time a bad clash has happened with the Clippers gray jerseys. I think the issue is that they're classified as "light jerseys" to be worn against dark colors - it would be better as a dark jersey to be worn against white (although that still wouldn't be great to watch). 

I don't think it's dark enough for them to wear it against white uniforms. The problem with the gray uniforms is that it has white accents. The contrast is terrible and I honestly wonder what the hell they were thinking with it, it's not like the Nets and Spurs where they have very clear contrast.

The Clippers just have the worst branding in all of the Big 4 sports. It's pathetic.

bSLCtu2.png

11 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

I don't think it's dark enough for them to wear it against white uniforms. The problem with the gray uniforms is that it has white accents. The contrast is terrible and I honestly wonder what the hell they were thinking with it, it's not like the Nets and Spurs where they have very clear contrast.

The Clippers just have the worst branding in all of the Big 4 sports. It's pathetic.

I disagree, I generally like their normal home and away jerseys. The alternates that they wear however are some of the worst things these eyes have ever seen.

12 hours ago, TaylorMade said:

Still better than the graffiti City ones from a year ago. That texture is actually nice, and the minty green shade compliments it rather well. In a world of fashion uniforms (which comprises half of the game uniforms nowadays), I like it.

EDIT: Moreover, if the wordmark and numbers were that green solid color, those would be some kickass game unifroms. Would make a good color combo for the Mavs. Fresh, but still appropriate.

I’m surprised more teams haven’t tried sublimated patterns like that (well, not EXACTLY like that) in the 5-unis-a-year era. All I’ve got is LA’s Mamba, Boston’s grey parquet City jerseys and a couple Blazers jerseys. And it looked nice on those! (Never mind the Hawks’ pre-Nike set.)

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Orlando did the galaxy pattern in a similar way, while not exactly sublimated, and it was a success and well-received. Their T-Mac era's gorgeous sublimated star pattern unis are still one of the best to this day to me. It can be overdone if everyone starts doing it, but given how well it worked for the Magic then, I've wondered why it was barely done at all afterwards. There's definitely room for that in the league.

Archived