2020 NFL Season

PittsburghSucks

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, AustinFromBoston said:

I feel really bad for Herbert. He's played so much better than The Chargers record would indicate. 

Just been really unlucky having run into some really good teams. 

I fully expect Chargers to use this as an excuse to start Tyrod when he's healthy. Because that's the idiotic thing to do. 

Herbert is probably one of the only good things about the team this year. Add Anthony Lynn to the next list of coaches who needs to be fired. He is a joke.

2 hours ago, Cosmic said:

The Titans had another coach test positive and their facility closed on Sunday, but they're still playing the Bills today. What a joke.

You say that like the NFL cares about that stuff as long as they can still play games. 😛

14 hours ago, Cosmic said:

The Titans had another coach test positive and their facility closed on Sunday, but they're still playing the Bills today. What a joke.

There are like 20,000 people in the stands. The Bills have never been sure if this game was happening or not, or when it was happening.

The league put the Bills' safety at risk, messed up their prep rhythm, and feels like took a game away from Buffalo. This is total bull :censored:. Tennessee should have forfeited. Or at least lost a home game as a penalty.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Would it have been too difficult to split the league’s 32 teams into four, 8 team bubbles? Have each team play a 14 game schedule within the bubble (7 teams twice)

- AFC & NFC North (Minnesota)

- AFC & NFC East (Dallas)

- AFC & NFC South (Atlanta)

- AFC & NFC West (LA)

- Saturday and Sunday doubleheaders (or Monday and Thursday games if they really wanted)

- Have designated makeup weeks for any postponed games

- Top 2 teams from each division make the playoffs. No wildcard teams

- Playoff bubble in Florida stadiums (Jacksonville, Miami, Orlando, Tampa Bay)

- No pro bowl 

11 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

Would it have been too difficult to split the league’s 32 teams into four, 8 team bubbles? Have each team play a 14 game schedule within the bubble (7 teams twice)

- AFC & NFC West (LA)

- Saturday and Sunday doubleheaders (or Monday and Thursday games if they really wanted)

- No pro bowl 

Congratulations. You've put more thought into this than the NFL has.

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

56 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

- AFC & NFC West (LA)

- No pro bowl 

No, but it would have cost money.

The networks wouldn't want it, and it's harder to keep teams comprised of rosters of 60+ players plus 20 coaches + a bunch of trainers in a bubble than it is basketball teams with 15 players, a few coaches and trainers, where they can rotate in and out on the same courts.  

Bubbles might work in the playoffs if you have maybe four teams per site, but I don't think you can do any more than that.  Even then, you're setting the tournament so that each site's winners play each other, which isn't possible without making major alterations (which they could probably have done.)  Then, you're going from one bubble to another, which I guess is what baseball is doing, so maybe that would work too.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

14 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Congratulations. You've put more thought into this than the NFL has.

I see these fans in the stadiums and feel like I've hallucinated a pandemic. The virus is worse now than it was in April when we shut everything down and yet I turn on the Red River Shootout and the cotton bowl is like 50% full. Baseball has bubbled their postseason AND is playing in front of 20,000 spectators and nobody in charge seems to care how incompatible those two things are. I feel like the only person screaming about how stupid it all is. There's a reason we have the worst numbers in the industrialized world. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

1 hour ago, Sport said:

I see these fans in the stadiums and feel like I've hallucinated a pandemic. The virus is worse now than it was in April when we shut everything down and yet I turn on the Red River Shootout and the cotton bowl is like 50% full. Baseball has bubbled their postseason AND is playing in front of 20,000 spectators and nobody in charge seems to care how incompatible those two things are. I feel like the only person screaming about how stupid it all is. There's a reason we have the worst numbers in the industrialized world. 

I thought returning football would be a motivating force for people to mask up in the spring. Like, "you want football in the fall? Wear a mask now!" I never once thought we would just say ":censored: it" and return live, contagious, superspreader crowds to football.

The Titans crowd was legitimately shocking to me last night. But so was last Sunday's crowd in Dallas. I hate it.

On 10/12/2020 at 11:45 PM, AustinFromBoston said:

I feel really bad for Herbert. He's played so much better than The Chargers record would indicate. 

Just been really unlucky having run into some really good teams. 

I fully expect Chargers to use this as an excuse to start Tyrod when he's healthy. Because that's the idiotic thing to do. 

On 10/13/2020 at 4:36 AM, gothedistance said:

Herbert is probably one of the only good things about the team this year. Add Anthony Lynn to the next list of coaches who needs to be fired. He is a joke.

I’m fairly certain that Anthony Lynn was quoted as saying Herbert is the starter moving forward. Regardless of Taylor being 100%. How is Lynn a joke? He seems to be well respected by his players.

On 10/13/2020 at 9:25 PM, DNAsports said:

- AFC & NFC West (LA)

- No pro bowl 

Football is probably the only sport you can’t do a bubble in because the fields would get so torn up. Even artificial grass fields would probably get ripped to shreds.

Archived