NHL’s New Seattle Kraken Announce Name & Logos

crashcarson15

I have so issue with them displaying a Mets banner, it's a historical franchise that played in the same city - nuff said. However, not a fan of them making a presentation out of it in front of an opposing team, let alone the team that lost to this former franchise. I think it would've been more tasteful to just have it already up for their first home game and for anyone that was confused by it, google could solve that in mere seconds.

I get the 32 thing, but I think it was a bit hasty. I agree with @PlayGloria take. I would've held off on that until maybe the last home game of the season regardless of their success or even for the first home game of the second season. Wish this franchise nothing but success so hopefully they have a long future ahead of them to fill those rafters with deserving banners.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, BBTV said:

Yeah, they can get a 32 jersey with "FAN" on the back, or their own name, and they can make believe that they're a player on the team.  As long as you have $300 to spend on a shirt, your dream of playing for the team doesn't have to die.  Same adults probably have posters of their sports heroes in their bedrooms... possibly even on the ceiling.

stripes lighten GIF

I initially felt like most of you...the "32" thing seemed a little lame.

However...

The 12th Man Fan tribute was a nice gesture from, and has worked pretty well for, the Seahawks.

The #12 jersey is one of their top sellers.

I expect that the #32 sweater will be one of the more popular choices for Kraken fans.

...and when Dunn scores the first home-team goal with 3.2 seconds left in the period?...well....

The raising of a Metropolitan tribute banner is fine by me.

The first American team to win a Stanley Cup SHOULD be acknowledged.

Did you know that the Mets might have also won a Stanley Cup in 1919?

That series (tied at 2-2-1) was halted due to the Spanish Flu.

Hell, we may have had a 3rd banner raised at the 3rd home game.

I got a chuckle outta the plush salmon-toy toss to the fans at the end of the night...a great nod to the Pike Place Market.

I hope they keep that up!

Thumbs up to the promotional team so far!!

But, who am I to critique the Seattle Kraken Krew?

My god-awful team has frickin' "TikTok" plastered on their helmets.😐

4 hours ago, Olmec said:

However, not a fan of them making a presentation out of it in front of an opposing team, let alone the team that lost to this former franchise.

Probably a lot of supercentenarian Habs fans out there still sore about the 1917 Finals.

1 hour ago, Echo said:

Probably a lot of supercentenarian Habs fans out there still sore about the 1917 Finals.

This, and If you're going to raise the banner at all, doing it against the Habs is the only game it makes sense to do it at. 

16 minutes ago, ebod39 said:

Being at the first game, #32 jerseys were very popular.  All different variations, 32+Kraken,  32+ Seattle, 32+Inaugural, 32+Surname  etc.

Interesting...

I'm under the impression that the #32 banner raising ceremony was a secret, so...

For so many fans to purchase the #32 sweater before the fact, is impressive.

Maybe not such a "manufactured" concept after all.

16 minutes ago, seasaltvanilla said:

Yeah gonna go ahead and say people dropping hard earned cash on a jersey can put whatever name and number they want on there.

They're free to buy whatever they want and other people are also free to make fun of them lol

Just kidding, I own a couple frankenjerseys myself

25 minutes ago, seasaltvanilla said:

Yeah gonna go ahead and say people dropping hard earned cash on a jersey can put whatever name and number they want on there.

Didn't say it was right or wrong,  just posting my observation from the front lines.

32 minutes ago, sparkychewbarky said:

Interesting...

I'm under the impression that the #32 banner raising ceremony was a secret, so...

For so many fans to purchase the #32 sweater before the fact, is impressive.

Maybe not such a "manufactured" concept after all.

Probably just what the team store had online/in the arena. And fans would rather get that the some random player who isn’t a star. It’s not like the Knights where they drafted fleury.

Seems like the attitude towards "jersey fouls" is dependent on the team. The Kraken are everyone's darlings right now so it's all "you put whatever you want on that thing!"

But once a pic of some fat guy in a Rangers fauxback with "GRETZKY 99" on the back hits the web it's back to bashing 😉

Also...a reminder that the Kraken are the NHL's 38th distinct franchise.

I have half a mind to order a "REALLY" #38 sweater, but it's $202 on their site and there's 21,778 things I'd rather do with $202.  I'm going to be in Seattle in a few weeks and will probably grab a hat and/or shirt if they have any that just have the S and nothing else.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

27 minutes ago, BBTV said:

I have half a mind to order a "REALLY" #38 sweater, but it's $202 on their site and there's 21,778 things I'd rather do with $202.  I'm going to be in Seattle in a few weeks and will probably grab a hat and/or shirt if they have any that just have the S and nothing else.

You're not going to be lacking for opportunities to buy Kraken merchandise. It's everywhere.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

15 hours ago, dont care said:

Probably just what the team store had online/in the arena. And fans would rather get that the some random player who isn’t a star. It’s not like the Knights where they drafted fleury.

Yeah, it's for this reason that I kind of like the whole #32 concept for fans. Buying player jerseys is a gamble in any sport these days. There are no safe bets, especially with an expansion team. This gives fans who want more than the basic jersey something to buy. Smart move, if that was the intent. 

That said, the thing lIke best about hockey jerseys is, much like soccer jerseys, they look good even without a name and number on them.

49 minutes ago, BBTV said:

I have half a mind to order a "REALLY" #38 sweater...

You might want to consider a "REALLY" #39 sweater...

The N.Y. Americans bought many of the Hamilton Tigers' players. They didn't buy the franchise.

The NHL doesn't consider the Americans as a continuation of the Tigers.

The Seahawks ripped off the 12th man thing from Texas A&M so if the Kraken want to ripoff the "5th line" from the Blue Jackets go ahead. I think it's super corny and I know one of the fans who started that whole thing and he's a huge dolt. 

7a9868d7-700a-4a88-bf4e-deb7bc4427eb-SP_

2205_h.jpg

nhl-new-york-islanders-columbus-blue-jac

PvO6ZWJ.png

15 minutes ago, Sport said:

nhl-new-york-islanders-columbus-blue-jac

Totally off to the side, but that still remains one of favorite NHL alternate looks... ever.  Right up there with the alt black Capitals set from the Bondra/Kolzig/Gonchar/Juneau days. 

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

You can't buy a football jersey without a number; it's just a blank shirt and you'd look like an idiot.

You can buy a hockey jersey without a number. Perhaps it's incomplete compared to a full authentic, but it doesn't look abjectly stupid. #12 is a necessity for a football jersey; #32 is far less necessary for a hockey sweater.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Archived