NFL 2020

FormerLurker

In the spirit of the Falcons' ATL script NIKE should introduce an IATA code alternate for everyone

Detroit: DTE

Arizona: PHX

Denver: DEN

Minnesota: MSP

LA: LAX

GREEN bay: GRB

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, SCL said:

In the spirit of the Falcons' ATL script NIKE should introduce an IATA code alternate for everyone

Detroit: DTE

Arizona: PHX

Denver: DEN

Minnesota: MSP

LA: LAX

GREEN bay: GRB

None of these are even remotely similar. You must live under a rock if you don't know what ATL culturally means. This is how you get that crap that's in the NBA... ORL, PHX, SAC ? I mean really?  Among cities with three letter abbreviations, MIA or NYC is the  closest one to have an argument. 

2 hours ago, L10nheart404 said:

None of these are even remotely similar. You must live under a rock if you don't know what ATL culturally means. This is how you get that crap that's in the NBA... ORL, PHX, SAC ? I mean really?  Among cities with three letter abbreviations, MIA or NYC is the  closest one to have an argument. 

Here We Go Again GIF by memecandy

I know you’re likely an Atlanta fan, and to each their own, but that whole thing should’ve died in the Falcons thread. We get it. “‘ATL’ means more than you’ll ever even begin to comprehend...yadda yadda...”. If you keep forcing it on people and shoving it down their throats, no one is going to take you seriously enough to do any type of cultural research.

3 hours ago, DNAsports said:

Here We Go Again GIF by memecandy

I know you’re likely an Atlanta fan, and to each their own, but that whole thing should’ve died in the Falcons thread. We get it. “‘ATL’ means more than you’ll ever even begin to comprehend...yadda yadda...”. If you keep forcing it on people and shoving it down their throats, no one is going to take you seriously enough to do any type of cultural research.

I don't care honestly lol... It's just blatant ignorance to keep beating that same drum... You don't have to respond you know.

Thinking through some others:

Jets: JFK

-Most obvious IATA in the NFL

Giants: ERW

Rams: LAX

Chargers: LBC

-Not their IATA but LBC resonates 

culturally

Raiders: OAK/CPT/OAK/LAS

Bears: MDW or ORD

-This one is difficult, you want to give them Chi as no other city in America is as associated with the first three letters of their given name as Chicago. Chitown, Chi City, ect. Despite the size and traffic of ORD I am going MDW for the tie in with Monsters of the Midway. 

7 hours ago, L10nheart404 said:

You must live under a rock

Or somewhere that's not the Ay Tee El

7 hours ago, dannykraft said:

Have you ever been to an eagles game?

LOL, I was an usher there from '03-'12, so literally every game during that time frame, and a bunch since.

I"ve never heard a "FLY EAGLES FLY!"  "FLY EAGLES FLY!"  "FLY EAGLES FLY!" chant.  Ever.  A chant is not the same as the fight song, which you only hear after a TD and by definition is not a chant

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, El Diablo said:

When I was a kid I had one of those gigantic Little Tykes plastic toyboxes that was shaped like a football and I'd climb inside it and pretend I was in a race car.

I once trapped my little brother inside mine.

2 hours ago, El Diablo said:

When I was a kid I had one of those gigantic Little Tykes plastic toyboxes that was shaped like a football and I'd climb inside it and pretend I was in a race car.

My cat's breath smells like cat food.

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

Real quick, but if you need to put your team slogan/chant/fight song name/words in general on your professional football uniform, then the concept for your uniform is either extremely weak or you're telling your audience that you have a lack of faith that they'll relate to or recognize the uniform as one of their team. Possibly both.

Archived