NFL 2020

FormerLurker

2 hours ago, TBGKon said:

As with it not being a production issue, Fanatics has been producing less due to the pandemic too.

They’re also tied up in producing smocks and masks for healthcare workers. That’s probably a big factor too.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, WSU151 said:

It's not really a Fanatics problem if Nike hasn't made them yet for any store. 

https://www.sportbusiness.com/news/nike-fanatics-take-nfl-licensing-deal-onto-global-stage/

My understanding of the Nike, NFL, and Fanatics deal is that Fanatics has the exclusive right manufacturer and distribute all retail Nike NFL gear. As in, Nike isn’t making anything but on field gear and Fanatics is doing everything else.

6 minutes ago, TheOatsMustFlow said:

https://www.sportbusiness.com/news/nike-fanatics-take-nfl-licensing-deal-onto-global-stage/

My understanding of the Nike, NFL, and Fanatics deal is that Fanatics has the exclusive right manufacturer and distribute all retail Nike NFL gear. As in, Nike is making anything but on field gear and Fanatics is doing everything else.

I had no idea...those jerseys being sold by Dick's and others are distributed through Fanatics rather than direct supply lines from Nike. 

I've defended Fanatics from monopoly talk, but this arrangement is definitely monopolistic. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

3 hours ago, WSU151 said:

I had no idea...those jerseys being sold by Dick's and others are distributed through Fanatics rather than direct supply lines from Nike. 

I've defended Fanatics from monopoly talk, but this arrangement is definitely monopolistic. 

The level of control they have is absolutely crazy...

1 hour ago, jp1409 said:

The level of control they have is absolutely crazy...

It's awful, they've taken aways choices and quality. The hat assortment at Lids.com is so limited now it's insane.

The quick rise of Fanatics and easily one of the worst things to happen to sports merchandise for fans.

I tried to get my dad a hat for christmas, claimed it shipped and the tracking number number "Label created for 2 weeks" and then I had to call fanatics and get that sorta out refunded.

Sadly with Modell's going out of business the choices are getting less and less and more crappy. (I've never been too big a fan of Dick's, just feels like corporate sports store with not many sales)

2 minutes ago, EddieJ1984 said:

The quick rise of Fanatics and easily one of the worst things to happen to sports merchandise for fans.

I tried to get my dad a hat for christmas, claimed it shipped and the tracking number number "Label created for 2 weeks" and then I had to call fanatics and get that sorta out refunded.

Sadly with Modell's going out of business the choices are getting less and less and more crappy. (I've never been too big a fan of Dick's, just feels like corporate sports store with not many sales)

Did you know Fanatics is owned by one of the Sixers' owners?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

11 hours ago, SCL said:

It's awful, they've taken aways choices and quality. The hat assortment at Lids.com is so limited now it's insane.

Yeah this was the move that really ticked me off.  Lids used to always have stock in what i wanted, but now that Fanatics stocks them its nuts.

If I dont get a product I want (like the draft hats for the NFL this year) within the first day or so, forget it.

41 minutes ago, TBGKon said:

Yeah this was the move that really ticked me off.  Lids used to always have stock in what i wanted, but now that Fanatics stocks them its nuts.

If I dont get a product I want (like the draft hats for the NFL this year) within the first day or so, forget it.

May be its just me because, but around the last holiday season the Lids stores started going really heavy on local teams and not a expanded selection of out of market teams (aside from Yankees). Lids was the place where I would go to get anything that caught my eye and had a good selection now being in South NJ when the Nationals won the series I could not find anything in the list store with Nationals on it. The manager said they don't get a lot of out of market stuff any more and it would do me good to go online. 

12 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Did you know Fanatics is owned by one of the Sixers' owners?

Headquartered, in Jacksonville, FL. I remember when it started as a brick and mortar place in a local mall around the time the Jags did.

#DTWD #GoJaguars

1 hour ago, Claystation360 said:

Headquartered, in Jacksonville, FL. I remember when it started as a brick and mortar place in a local mall around the time the Jags did.

This might be why i dont have many issues with shipping.  Living near Tampa I usually have items within 3 days or so from leaving Jacksonville.

22 hours ago, TheOatsMustFlow said:

My understanding of the Nike, NFL, and Fanatics deal is that Fanatics has the exclusive right manufacturer and distribute all retail Nike NFL gear. As in, Nike isn’t making anything but on field gear and Fanatics is doing everything else.

Someone else can add more clarity but it's fairly common knowledge these days ~100% of nike production is done via contracted manufacturing. Fanatics is doing their retail apparel now (not sure if they subcontract or what) and their on-field gear is done by their same supplier (powers I believe). So in short, nike has never made anything, they are a design, sales and marketing company 1st and foremost.

On 5/5/2020 at 9:46 PM, Jt0323 said:

Yeah, makes no sense, especially with him showing off the throw backs when he announced his number

Hoping that’s the first step in returning to the throwbacks full time. 

15 minutes ago, mmajeski06 said:

Hoping that’s the first step in returning to the throwbacks full time. 

Austin Powers No GIF

Or at least do what the Buccaneers did. Just in less amount of steps. Take an older uniform and update the logo, word mark, colors, and other smaller details.

29 minutes ago, heavybass said:

And the opening match of the NFL this year....

Chiefs against Texans.

There's another thread for the Sports part. This is about logos.

[sorryforthebackseatmod]

It's where I sit.

6 hours ago, guest23 said:

Someone else can add more clarity but it's fairly common knowledge these days ~100% of nike production is done via contracted manufacturing. Fanatics is doing their retail apparel now (not sure if they subcontract or what) and their on-field gear is done by their same supplier (powers I believe). So in short, nike has never made anything, they are a design, sales and marketing company 1st and foremost.

I know that's true to an extent, but aren't they paying kids in 3rd-world countries pennies to make things?  Or is it their "partners" that are doing that?

Nike needs to do some of the manufacturing, otherwise why would "Nike can't do shiny" be a thing?  Also, who comes up with their space-age fabrics that are 0.0000005% lighter than the next guy's?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived