NFL 2020

FormerLurker

12 minutes ago, Lights Out said:

I will never understand the love for those Dolphins throwbacks.

- The logo looks shriveled up

- Three completely different striping patterns all used at once

- Gray facemasks for a team whose color scheme doesn't include gray or silver

- The teal looks dingy and bland compared to the vibrant shade of teal they use on their main set

Their normal uniforms look so much nicer by comparison.

These are all good points. I'm really in 2 minds about it. I love the look of the stripes on the throwbacks but I love that the Dolphins went for a clean, crisp look that is perfect for their brand. I like the stripe consistency on the current unis, but I don't actually love the design of the stripe, a thick stripe bordered by thin orange stripes. The helmet and sleeve striping patterns on the throwbacks mismatch, but they are both excellent striping patterns.

Both sets have advantages and disadvantages. The effective 2 set setup that they have allows them to have their cake and eat it too.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, Jt0323 said:

100% agree! I love the throw backs, but I’m fine keeping them as throw backs and these as full time. I’d even like an orange color rush(white pants) jerseys. Imo that would be perfect set.

home

away

Color rush orange 

throwback home

throwback away 

This would be just as bad as the retina searing Seahawks Color Rush jersey, in my opinion

50Zl2BE.png

I don't think that Dolphin font gets enough hate... it's a mess.

spacer.png

It's more or less a standard block font with the upper left corner randomly rounded, except for the 5 which has the lower left rounded, the 4 which has the middle bar rounded, and the 8 and 0 which have all the corners rounded.

What?

18 hours ago, FiddySicks said:

The Dolphins current look would be in the “not the best, but passable” category if not for that absolutely god awful logo they’re using. I don’t even mind so much modernizing the logo a bit. The helmet wearing dolphin is something I really love, but I can understand how people would see it as a bit campy. But what they replaced it with is garbage.

░l░u░x░u░r░y░ ░b░r░a░n░d░

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

22 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

spacer.png

It's more or less a standard block font with the upper left corner randomly rounded, except for the 5 which has the lower left rounded, the 4 which has the middle bar rounded, and the 8 and 0 which have all the corners rounded.

What?

Lol the left corners of the 5 and 6 don't make any sense. Since it's Nike, I'm kind of surprised they're not slanted 8 degrees because Calle Ocho. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Those numbers on the current set prevent it from being considered “nice”. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

51 minutes ago, throwmesomepics said:

spacer.pngHere is the dolphins inverted jersey which I think looks really nice. The teal numbers and the bright shade of orange is really good. This would have been so much better than the color rush jersey they wore in 2016.

spacer.png

I think if you made the numbers on the inverted jersey white like the 2016 CR, it would look less jarring.

Oddly enough, I like both shades of orange being used.

2 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

spacer.png

What?

Yes the font is awful & really holds back the jersey on the new ones. Its a shame Tua has chosen 1 because that & 7 are the worst numbers ever. The new logo just is not drawn well in my opinion & is very sloppy that was talked about a lot when it was unveiled & that has not changed. Not saying the throwback logo is not but when you are updating a logo you should do better than that. Overall just not a fan of the new but it would be really good with a better logo & number font...

5 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

spacer.png

What?

Of all the modified block fonts, this is probably the worst.  I know we have some people around here with inside knowledge of these things - specifically the Dolphins - so I'd love to know what the hell the direction was with these.  I cannot think of any Nike Speak that can explain this complete disaster of a font.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

5 hours ago, Gothamite said:

I love the current Dolphins colors, and the uniforms aren't bad.  That belly-flop logo, though, is among the worst in the league.

I'd say Dolphins have the best color scheme in the league. Skins at a close second.

fiowXOD.png

5 minutes ago, ramsjetsthunder said:

I'd say Dolphins have the best color scheme in the league. Skins at a close second.

I won't argue with that. My top 5 color schemes are Redskins, Dolphins, Steelers, Panthers(electric blue is lovely), and Seahawks(navy and neon green is very underrated).

5 hours ago, Gothamite said:

I love the current Dolphins colors, and the uniforms aren't bad.  That belly-flop logo, though, is among the worst in the league.

Yep, every time I see the Dolphins' colors I absolutely love them. I'm cool with them going back to the original uniforms, but if they can keep the colors they've got now with the throwback style uniform.. man, that might be the best they've ever looked if they pull that off

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

3 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Of all the modified block fonts, this is probably the worst.  I know we have some people around here with inside knowledge of these things - specifically the Dolphins - so I'd love to know what the hell the direction was with these.  I cannot think of any Nike Speak that can explain this complete disaster of a font.

IIRC it's supposed to be a dolphin's dorsal fin. 

Archived