NFL 2020

FormerLurker

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, BJ Sands said:

Just gonna leave this here...

At least in terms of the rankings, they're not too far off. If you were to average them together (and I realize that's not the most useful, given it's only two people, but still), you'd get a distinct three tiers, which makes sense:

1. Chargers - 1.5
  2. Browns - 2
  3. Buccaneers - 2.5
  4. Colts - 4.5
  5. Patriots - 4.5
  6. Rams - 6.5
  7. Falcons - 6.5

On 5/15/2020 at 9:52 AM, Gothamite said:

Agreed completely.  That's asking the Patriots to adhere to design standards that are arbitrary and bizarre.

It's about being consistent with your branding, and when it's so clearly cut and dry and easy to follow, and then isn't followed, I question the competency of the designers and art directors involved. Again you can like or dislike the look, but the rules of quality design aren't being adhered to in this case. 

2 hours ago, hawk36 said:

It's about being consistent with your branding, and when it's so clearly cut and dry and easy to follow, and then isn't followed, I question the competency of the designers and art directors involved. Again you can like or dislike the look, but the rules of quality design aren't being adhered to in this case. 

Those aren’t an actual thing. 

9 hours ago, Around the Horn said:

The Dolphins should just bite the bullet and elevate these to full time.

They can... in four years.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

9 hours ago, Around the Horn said:

The Dolphins should just bite the bullet and elevate these to full time.

They need to, but with 2 slight changes.

- Make the outline on the TV numbers thinner, because it is way too thick right now

- Match the helmet stripe to the pants stripe

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Yeah, the Dolphins throwbacks are one of those things where I love the idea, but there’s enough “off” with it that I don’t think I’d want it full-time as-is. It’s close, though: matching the helmet and pants stripes, and cleaning up the dolphin logo a fair bit would make it full-time ready for me. I could go for brightening the aqua up a tint or two, but I also don’t think it’s completely necessary either. I’m a fan of both the current and throwback aqua colors, so I have no preference either way or if they were to split the difference.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

I could see the Dolphins trying to pull a Rams (with their throwback) or Chargers (with their old powder blue jersey) in designating the aqua throwback as the "home uniform." Wear white-at-home for when you can't wear the throwback (maybe wear the white throwback!), just to test the waters before doing a Bucs/Browns rollback to the vintage aesthetic.

Tom Garfinkle said that hes happy with the sets Miami has, and having these throwbacks being just throwbacks, and used on special occasions to keep them special, so i dont see them ever making these full time uniforms. And I am okay with it. With that said, i am waiting for them to restock the Tua throw back before i buy a new Dolphin jersey 

On 5/15/2020 at 7:59 AM, dont care said:

It makes no sense though, nobody complains about the packers or Steelers numbers for not having outlines When the logo does. They are completely different elements that are separated from eachother.

It makes perfect sense. The Packers’ helmet logo is a white G inside a green oval. It coordinates well with the stripes on the helmet and pants (white stripe flanked by green), and the numbers follow suit (white on a green background). Adding outlines to the Packers’ numbers goes completely against the principles @hawk36 was illustrating. Similarly, the Steelers solid white numbers coordinate with other solid white elements on their uniform.

The Patriots have zero elements with a double outline except their numbers. Thus, they don’t coordinate with anything, while solid numbers would coordinate well with the simple, solid-color shapes in their logo and stripes. The double outline road numbers worked pretty well in the context of the old set, but the home numbers looked off because of the different outlining technique.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

On 5/14/2020 at 11:27 AM, WSU151 said:

"I was going to give you an A on this paper, but since your last paper sucked, I've turned your A paper into a B"

“You wrote a great paper, your next paper sucked, and then you wrote pretty much an identical paper as the first one.”

By the way, I still would give the Bucs an A. But to me, the Colts should get credit for not adopting terrible, gimmicky uniforms the last 5 years like Cleveland and Tampa Bay did, just to return to what they were already wearing previously.

41 minutes ago, BVZ said:

“You wrote a great paper, your next paper sucked, and then you wrote pretty much an identical paper as the first one.”

That wasn’t your original argument. 

But anyway, the third paper still shouldn't have points deducted because the second was bad. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I think the Dolphins could revert to the basic design of the throwbacks (mainly colors and striping), but adopt a more custom number font that doesn’t stray too far away like the current font as well as a happy medium between the old logo and the new one.

5 hours ago, Jt0323 said:

Tom Garfinkle said that hes happy with the sets Miami has, and having these throwbacks being just throwbacks, and used on special occasions to keep them special, so i dont see them ever making these full time uniforms. And I am okay with it. With that said, i am waiting for them to restock the Tua throw back before i buy a new Dolphin jersey 

and if enough people do that, you’ll see the throwbacks move from “special occasions” to “primary”. 

I think the Dolphins have a decent setup with effectively 2 different uniform sets for 2 different purposes, and I think they're perfectly happy with that arrangement. 

They could do a more modern looking set with sleeve stripes that echos the classic look without having it's drawbacks, but is that necessarily better than the current 2 set setup?

Archived