NFL 2020

FormerLurker

Rebrand rankings:

1. Browns

2. Chargers

3. Colts

4. Bucs 

(Legitimate arguments to rearrange these 4; mostly upgrades for all; all look good now).

5. Pats (would be okay if they had different colored home pants)

6. Rams 

7. Falcons

(Can argue these either way.  Both were huge downgrades.  Gradients are a travesty.  Rams took the bigger fall, but probably look slightly better).

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, Buffalo_ said:

Rebrand rankings:

1. Browns

2. Chargers

3. Colts

4. Bucs 

(Legitimate arguments to rearrange these 4; mostly upgrades for all; all look good now).

5. Pats (would be okay if they had different colored home pants)

6. Rams 

7. Falcons

(Can argue these either way.  Both were huge downgrades.  Gradients are a travesty.  Rams took the bigger fall, but probably look slightly better).

At least the Falcons have a unified look (the one positive I'll say). The Rams don't have that. Even though I actually kinda like their home uniforms, their horrible bone uniforms make them the bottom of the list for me. I've never seen such a terrible jersey in the modern NFL. 

1. Chargers - these are nearly perfect. I'd add white backgrounds to bolts on the powder ones like the classics and burn the royal color rush, but otherwise a great update.

2a. Bucs - Great job going back to what worked. I still the the helmet logo is too big (and the old logo was better) but at least it's not Mario mushroom big like before. The pewter jersey isn't bad by itself but as a full uniform it sucks because it's monochrome.

2b. Browns - Like the Bucs they did what they need to do. Hopefully they'll add orange pants down the line. The Color Rush is pointless and sucks worse than the outgoing one though,

4. Patriots - The whites could use a few tweaks, but they're really silver pants away from being a 2c. monochrome home look ruins them.

5. Rams - Are they the Rams or the Waves? Messing with the helmet horns was incredibly stupid, but not even the worst thing wrong with these. The Blue jerseys are ok and salvageable, but there's no redeeming the gray ones. Those are atrocious. Originally thought Blue over yellow would be the primary, but now I'm afraid it might be mono-blue.

6. Falcons - Ask me tomorrow and I might have them above the Rams. The ATL is too big and whoever ok'd the gradient jersey needs to be locked in a cell with whoever ok'd the Rams away jersey. But other than that these aren't completely awful if the right combos are worn. What makes them last, is the fact we're going to see mono-black and mono-white down to the sock most of the time.

Colts was too lateral of a move to rank. Although I'm scared of what the black nike logo will mean for the future.

Just now, VikWings said:

1. Chargers

2a. Bucs

2b. Browns

4. Patriots

5. Rams

6. Falcons

Rams only over the Falcons because the Falcons will be going mono most of the time and have that awful gradient jersey.

But the Rams will also be going mono most of the time. Blue over blue and cry over cry are their two primary combos.

the user formerly known as cdclt

9 minutes ago, VikWings said:

Blue over yellow is not the primary home?

Doesn't seem like it. The Madden hype video they posted had blue over blue and cry over cry. I'll see if I can find it.

Edit: Found it.

27 minutes ago, QCS said:

Doesn't seem like it. The Madden hype video they posted had blue over blue and cry over cry. I'll see if I can find it.

Edit: Found it.

No it doesn't, they show all the uniforms pretty evenly. Why always jumping to conclusions?

20 minutes ago, colortv said:

No it doesn't, they show all the uniforms pretty evenly. Why always jumping to conclusions?

I hadn't noticed the blue over yellow, but there is definitely more blue over blue shown than blue over yellow. This plus the fact that blue over blue literally took center stage when they revealed the uniforms make me think that they'll be using the monochrome more often than not, at least before they realize everybody :censored:ing hates them.

So now that everything's been revealed, let's talk about them.

Bucs: Right call going back to the SB-era uniforms. The pewter alt is the worst of the bunch, but it' snot even all that terrible. A+.

Browns: Again, going back to traditional was the way to go. Good stuff.

Chargers: Awesome upgrade! Royal blue and navy uniforms are unnecessary (even if they're Color Rush) but still good. Numbers on the helmets are a nice touch.

Pats: Traditional really suits them.

Colts: Like someone else said, kind of a lateral move, but that's not a bad thing. They still look good.

Falcons: I don't hate them as much as everyone else does, but they're still bad. "ATL" on the chest is a weird decision, and the gradient alt is just stupid.

Rams: They overthought everything and it shows. Why gradient numbers on one uniform and not the other? Why gradient numbers at all? Why the off-white roads? Why the weird wordmark patches? Hopefully they fix everything in 5 years.

1. Chargers - my favorite uniforms in the NFL got an upgrade. I love everything about their helmet, colors and primary home and away uniforms. Alts aren’t great, probably should have just gone with the navy but they aren’t bad.

2. Colts - I give the nod to Indy here, because even though it was just small tweaks, they should get credit for never going away from their classic look. Just improved on it.

3. Browns - Going back to the classics was a smart move, and the sock striping is great. Looking forward to them revealing an orange alternate and orange pants soon.

4. Bucs - Pewter alt is bad, but harmless. The super bowl era look is great. Points docked for making us all have to look at their uniforms the past 5 years.

5. Patriots - monochrome is a bad look here. Everything else I like.

Falcons and Rams are both terrible, but there are combinations that will look good. Unfortunately I fully expect both of them to go monochrome 85% of the time.

My rankings: 

1.Buccaneers: Brought back some of my favorite NFL uniforms of all time, they look great. 

2.Browns: Brought back some of the NFL's most classic uniforms, there are still some problems unfortunately but it's a huge upgrade. 

3.Colts: A lateral change, don't like the change from the helmet logo to the primary logo on the helmet, should've been the other way around, I don't like the anvil color either, but the number font is an upgrade. 

4.Patriots: The monochrome isn't the best, the stripes are a little all over the place and it needs tv numbers but it's better by the slightest bit to the next team. 

5.Chargers: After sitting on these for a while they've only gotten worse. I don't like the number font, the logo change was lateral, the change from navy was a bad decision, the lack of tv numbers suck, I thought the helmet numbers might've worked for them but I take that back now, they look better with shoulder numbers. The bolt change was a down grade, the paneling around it was nice but the multiple outlines gave it a much more electric theme, same goes for the previous number font. Thats actually the only thing I like from this change, the removal of paneling wasn't bad, the rest is  a lateral change at best. 

T7.Rams & Falcons: Couldn't decide who was worse the Falcons or Rams so they're tied. Both are downgrades from their last set, both were easy decisions that were botched. I could give the edge to the Falcons because the segmented horn helmet is so extremely awful, but at least the Rams kept the gradient to a minimum, but they did have patches, and a mismatched "bone" uniform that was one of If not the worst uniform in NFL history, but that gradient uniform and ATL and chrome accents. Both go in the 5 year wonders pile to be lit on fire and never seen again after the 5 years are up, they'll be joining the Titans, when they go, and the Browns, Bucs, and Jags. 

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

12 hours ago, BVZ said:

4. Bucs - Pewter alt is bad, but harmless. The super bowl era look is great. Points docked for making us all have to look at their uniforms the past 5 years.

"I was going to give you an A on this paper, but since your last paper sucked, I've turned your A paper into a B"

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, ramsjetsthunder said:

Browns- A

Colts- A

Buccaneers- A-

Chargers- B

Falcons- C

Patriots- C-

Rams- F

I'll play:

Browns- A+ (Now never change them again)

Colts- A 

Buccaneers- B+ (I'm just a sucker for the dreamsicles, but if they refuse to go back to that, they did the best they could have possibly done)

Chargers- A+++++ (They did what every team says they are going to do: modernize while honoring the past)

Falcons- D (enough has been said about these already)

Patriots- D (I'm done with the silver helmet. It just seems so early 2000s. You would think a team called the Patriots would be red, white, and blue. Silver???)

Rams- F (They used blue and yellow. That was the only thing they did right. The rest is horrific)

I'm sorry, I just don't have the same feelings for the Chargers uniforms as everyone else seems to. The bolts are large and cartoon-ish, I never liked italicized numbers on sports uniforms, and powder blue (while a nice color) isn't my favorite combo with yellow. If we're being honest, none of the new uniforms have many design elements at all. They're all kind of bland(Colts, Patriots), generic (Bucs, Browns), or minimal (chargers, Falcons). The Rams have the most design elements, and it clutters a lot on the away uniforms. Other than that, nothing unveiled this off-season had any "wow" factor to it. Just my opinion, so don't reply with opposition. I'm positive many of you disagree, I don't need to see it in writing lol

2 minutes ago, CrimsonBull9584 said:

I don't understand the hate for the Rams uniforms. They're rather simple, not flashy or complicated, bright, and they look like the rams. The only comment I have is that I wish they would use yellow pants on the road, but they are otherwise great. 

Seems everyone wants generic stripes and block numbers for the whole league. The home uniforms (with yellow pants) are great. The "bone" uniform, I don't see how that made the cut.

34 minutes ago, CrimsonBull9584 said:

I don't understand the hate for the Rams uniforms. They're rather simple, not flashy or complicated, bright, and they look like the rams. The only comment I have is that I wish they would use yellow pants on the road, but they are otherwise great. 

I think most people are okay with the blue jerseys. It's the inexplicable decisions that led to the away jersey. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Archived