NFL 2020

FormerLurker

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I know that's true to an extent, but aren't they paying kids in 3rd-world countries pennies to make things?  Or is it their "partners" that are doing that?

Nike needs to do some of the manufacturing, otherwise why would "Nike can't do shiny" be a thing?  Also, who comes up with their space-age fabrics that are 0.0000005% lighter than the next guy's?

Nike has their own R&D to prototype and there are usually very closely integrated relationships with raw material/component suppliers where development is essentially done in tandem. A very analogous example would be apple where they work hand in hand with intel to develop their chips, do the r&d and design inhouse for the product then outsource the mass production to foxconn and other partners. Where apple is differing is that they are taking some of this sourcing in house in order to obtain a competitive advantage with technology or control the supply.

14 hours ago, heavybass said:

Well this is going to make the first four weeks interesting....

EDIT: Chiefs might play Falcons first week, Patriots might play 49ers first week.

Well this info didn’t age well. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

2 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

I find it pretty amazing that the Raiders are playing every team that has a new uniform this year.

Also amazing. Teams in new uniforms that will be playing each other.

- Buccaneers and Falcons

- Colts and Browns

- Patriots and Chargers

- Chargers and Buccaneers

- Falcons and Chargers

- Patriots and Rams

- Rams and Buccaneers

- Rams and Chargers

- Buccaneers and Browns

6 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

I find it pretty amazing that the Raiders are playing every team that has a new uniform this year.

That's an interesting quirk in the schedule. Speaking of the Raiders, am I the only one who thinks their throwback jersey should be their full time away jersey? It is so unique to the Raiders and I love the silver numbers with black trim, they look amazing in my opinion.

4 hours ago, Chewbacca said:

That's an interesting quirk in the schedule. Speaking of the Raiders, am I the only one who thinks their throwback jersey should be their full time away jersey? It is so unique to the Raiders and I love the silver numbers with black trim, they look amazing in my opinion.

You're not wrong.  These are gorgeous.

d19u3anyr5ol1gba48q3

I especially loved the 2009 versions, with really thick black outline.

ecct0915raiders09.jpg

Going by the Bucs schedule, amd since I'm pretty sure they will weare the alts at night they likely will wear the pewter alts in Week 9 vs New Orleans and Week 11 vs the Rams.  

1 hour ago, Gothamite said:

I especially loved the 2009 versions, with really thick black outline.

ecct0915raiders09.jpg

Lol, even Janikowski makes that jersey looks good

The silver numbers on white are okay as a once-in-a-while alternate, but I’ve always thought it made that uniform combo a bit too silver-heavy without enough black offset it. The black numbers on white strike a perfect color balance for me across the uniform as a whole (and also just look more intimidating, which is something the Raiders should always evoke), and I strongly prefer that to be the primary road option.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

12 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

This will sound incredibly blasphemous, but if these became the primary away, I wouldn’t mind a silver jersey with black numbers

What color pants would you like with that? I don't hate the idea of this jersey, but I'm not sure what pants would work with it.

It's where I sit.

2 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

What color pants would you like with that? I don't hate the idea of this jersey, but I'm not sure what pants would work with it.

Silver pants.

spacer.png

Colorado is a pretty good example of how this could work. The uniform is obviously more grey than it is silver, but I think it gets the point across of how it could work. Ideally, an all silver/grey Raiders set would have to be paired with black socks and even swap in a black facemask (which should’ve been a permanent change with their move to Las Vegas, but that’s a different discussion).

19 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

Silver pants.

spacer.png

Colorado is a pretty good example of how this could work. The uniform is obviously more grey than it is silver, but I think it gets the point across of how it could work. Ideally, an all silver/grey Raiders set would have to be paired with black socks and even swap in a black facemask (which should’ve been a permanent change with their move to Las Vegas, but that’s a different discussion).

So NOT their current pants, correct? You are really hoping for silver and not gray.

I'm trying to grasp it and I can't.  No arguments about the black mask - that would work for the Raiders.

It's where I sit.

4 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

So NOT their current pants, correct? You are really hoping for silver and not gray.

I'm trying to grasp it and I can't.  No arguments about the black mask - that would work for the Raiders.

Yeah I think if they were to ever do a silver/grey jersey, they’d almost have to pull a Buccaneers with two different pants that are the same color.

Its weird because the current pants are still the dazzle fabric, correct? Or am i just imagining that and they went completely flat silver? If it still is dazzle, then the silver/grey jersey wouldn’t work with those.

Archived