NFL Changes 2021

simtek34

1 hour ago, oldschoolvikings said:

That dolphin needs a helmet... Poor little guy is gonna get hurt out there.

Bubbles never wore a helmet.

Wait - that might explain Detroit's problems all these years!

It's where I sit.

On 1/17/2021 at 6:55 PM, DNAsports said:

I’ve noticed a lot of people, usually 40+ yrs in age, in the surrounding DC area still use the old name.

Small sample size -- my son (19) and I (53) live near Baltimore and always call them the Football Team.  That said, there may be a little tongue-in-cheekness involved.

• Like 4

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

1 hour ago, ramsjetsthunder said:

I'd like to see the Bengals use this guy on the unis or field again:

370.png

dillion.0.0.jpg

Ah yes, the goomba tiger.

spacer.png

The head design was a separate piece from the body, pasted onto the larger logo. That head was also not resized to be proportional.

The Jags and Panthers’ similar designs had these difficulties.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

The Jags’ logo is the best, but they’re all sub-optimal.

• Like 9
  • Yawn 1

3 hours ago, -Akronite- said:

41ecccafaac5c6abf312d3d31eb824d0.jpg

The head is good enough, and a big improvement from the B (which would be a C if I had any say in the matter).

The more I look at this, the more I just don’t like it. Yes, it’s better than the “B”, but it’s still objectively bad itself.

• Like 1

Probably no chance they switch from black to orange now, but wouldn’t it make more sense for orange to be the primary and black the alt seeing how tigers are orange (if I have to state the obvious here?).

Wear black twice for a big game or primetime, I’d do one black over white and one all black. Wear color rush once on the road.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Froob said:

Probably no chance they switch from black to orange now, but wouldn’t it make more sense for orange to be the primary and black the alt seeing how tigers are orange (if I have to state the obvious here?).

Wear black twice for a big game or primetime, I’d do one black over white and one all black. Wear color rush once on the road.

I'm happy with the black jerseys with the tiger accents and the tiger helmets. Going full tiger really isn't needed. 

• Like 3

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

12 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

I'm happy with the black jerseys with the tiger accents and the tiger helmets. Going full tiger really isn't needed. 

I agree with you--except that's pretty much exactly what happened in '04, isn't it?

• Like 3

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

3 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Yeah.  All the parts that mimic tigers are orange anyway (helmet, sleeves, stripes) so that's plenty.

The Corey Dillon set was great.  Especially when they added black pants to the rotation.  I know that some don't like the whole tiger logo on the sleeve, but I don't think there was anything objectively wrong with that set.  They could easily use it as the base for a new uniform.  Maybe lose the sleeve logo (since we've lost sleeves) and relocate the tiger to either under the collar (replacing the B ) or get rid of it altogether and put a wordmark under the collar.

• Like 5

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

17 hours ago, DNAsports said:

The more I look at this, the more I just don’t like it. Yes, it’s better than the “B”, but it’s still objectively bad itself.

People gotta learn what "objectively" means, it's thrown around a lot on a site about design.

15 hours ago, Jungle Jim said:

It's probably been posted here before, but this is the best Bengals concept I have seen:

I think they'd look better just simplifying what they have (get rid of the side panels & yoke), but I'd accept this. 

6 hours ago, Froob said:

My first instinct was to point out that their division rival Browns already use a lot of orange, but then I remembered the colors of the Steelers and Ravens.

• Like 1