NFL Changes 2021

simtek34

Gonna be honest, the jags gold that’s used in all these mock-ups does not look good. I know it’s the digital logo, but for the helmets they use a much truer gold, and that would look much better.

honestky I think a simple number outline and a sleeve cap more similar to the Vikings would be a perfect look for them.

• Like 8

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

Please be sure to discuss all Washington Football team rebranding stuff in the new thread here:

• Like 7
"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

In an interesting reversal, let's check in on the Atlanta Falcons in their combinations in non-fauxback, non-gradient games:

2020 Monochrome: 11/14

201015-atlanta-falcons-al-1159.jpg

2021 Monchrome: 3/14

0f52b2c5c4c3494db278d28e81a63f6e

They went from being among the most monochrome heavy teams in the NFL to one of the least.

UPDATE: With the final game being monochrome the Falcons exactly reversed their 2020 distribution.  From 11 of 14 games monochrome to 11 of 14 non-monochrome.

• Like 21

7 hours ago, ManillaToad said:

Now they just need to stop matching the blacks socks with the black pants

And ditto for the white set. Some red socks would pair well with the black pants and black socks should always be worn with the white pants. I don’t think white socks works to contrast with the black jersey and pants look but could work with the white jersey and black pants look (white jersey balances out the socks).

spacer.png

• Like 5

18 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

spacer.png

This combo is the only thing that hasn’t grown on me with this new Falcons set. The Falcons are not a team that needs a white-out look. Black socks & accessories would greatly help this particular combo.

• Like 5

The Falcons’ change of heart on monochrome black has, admittedly, helped that set grow on me the slightest bit. I still think the uniform has a lot of parts that just flat out aren’t good and will keep it from ever being a good uniform in my eyes, but the black over white combo is the best one they have and wearing it more often has managed help the set out a little.

• Like 9

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

27 minutes ago, AgentColon2 said:

Where are the red pants? 

Excellent question.

They were part of the reveal but have never made an appearance in the flesh.

https://www.atlantafalcons.com/news/sftb-fans-players-media-weigh-in-on-the-new-look-falcons-uniforms

I've no idea if there's a box of them sitting in the Falcons' equipment room and the staff just hasn't opened it. Ditto for the red socks.

They might exist which just further reinforces my belief that the choices made by team staff matter just as much as the designers.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AgentColon2 said:

The red pants would have clashed with every jersey they have.

They would need an alt white Jersey with the black side panel stripe to make it work. Or kill me for suggesting it, a solid red Jersey with the black stripe

I'm kinda surprised that this isn't a thing with some teams since the alternate jersey allotment has increased to two.  Have the option for two different road jerseys and two different home jerseys. You want a full throwback set, you got it. You want an alternate home and road, you got it. 

With the Falcons, have white jersey, black side stripe, Red numbers/black drop shadow. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, AgentColon2 said:

The red pants would have clashed with every jersey they have.

They would need an alt white Jersey with the black side panel stripe to make it work. Or kill me for suggesting it, a solid red Jersey with the black stripe

That is why they should've release gray pants with a red stripe and it would have went perfect with any jersey. 

• Like 8

spacer.png

30 minutes ago, nuordr said:

That is why they should've release gray pants with a red stripe and it would have went perfect with any jersey. 

Definitely. It also would’ve been a nice little nod to the ‘98 team.

spacer.png

Side note: Atlanta could easily bust out a new pair of these pants and make thier fauxback alternate a straight up ‘98 throwback. Why in the world haven’t they done that yet? It’d be so easy to do, and the ‘98 team’s status as one of - if not THE best team in Falcons history - certainly warrants the use.

• Like 13

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

1 hour ago, nuordr said:

Gray pants would look phenomenal, especially with the white jerseys. 

• Like 2

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

2 hours ago, shstpt1 said:

I'm kinda surprised that this isn't a thing with some teams since the alternate jersey allotment has increased to two.  Have the option for two different road jerseys and two different home jerseys. You want a full throwback set, you got it. You want an alternate home and road, you got it. 

With the Falcons, have white jersey, black side stripe, Red numbers/black drop shadow. 

The 49ers are doing this exact thing this season. 
spacer.png