2021-2022 NHL Jersey Changes

squamfan

9 minutes ago, SHaMROCK said:

Yes, the blue is one of those situations in sports uniforms where yes, maybe it makes a more cohesive uniform but it doesn't look right for the Avalanche...

Does it look wrong because it actually doesn't work, or does it just look wrong because people are so used to the black equipment, though? Personally, I think the cohesion is better-looking than black helmets and breezers on a primarily blue and burgundy uniform design.

• Like 3

On 5/13/2021 at 12:11 PM, raysox said:

Well as I like long Bruins fan, I love this idea.  Anything that brings a return of gold socks I'm in favour of...  The biggest loss is the current shoulder patch.  I love how it is a modernization of their original logo.  I also love how the Away emphasizes BOSTON and the home emphasizes BRUINS.  

• Like 3

shamrockles.png

shamrocklescronological.png

7 hours ago, SHaMROCK said:

Well as I like long Bruins fan, I love this idea.  Anything that brings a return of gold socks I'm in favour of...  The biggest loss is the current shoulder patch.  I love how it is a modernization of their original logo.  I also love how the Away emphasizes BOSTON and the home emphasizes BRUINS.  

How does the away emphasize Boston, and the home bruins? 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ridleylash said:

By using two different versions of the secondary logo;

spacer.png

spacer.png

Exactly.  It reminds me how it was commonplace for baseball or basketball teams to have their city represented on the road, but at home they sported the teamname/nickname because the home town fans know what city they are in...

The New York Rangers had this concept down too from 1978-87 when the home said RANGERS but the away said NEW YORK.

• Like 7

shamrockles.png

shamrocklescronological.png

For the Winter Classic which I (assume) will still be in MN next January, the Wild should not do a North Stars throwback. I love the reverse retro more than anyone, and think a green version should be their alternate next season, but the Wild need a Wild themed design for the Winter Classic. I'm thinking a cream version of their 2010s alternate. It looks classic for a modern designed uniform, much like the 2011 Pens WC uniform.

• Like 2

On 5/29/2021 at 2:17 PM, Ridleylash said:

Does it look wrong because it actually doesn't work, or does it just look wrong because people are so used to the black equipment, though? Personally, I think the cohesion is better-looking than black helmets and breezers on a primarily blue and burgundy uniform design.

It doesn't work.  Burgundy and Blue should always be separated, hence the need for black equipment.

• Like 2

On 5/29/2021 at 4:17 PM, Ridleylash said:

I think people are used to black. I find it interesting. Because, as long as I've been here, the addition of black into a color scheme causes a near riot and posters acting as if the world was ending. I mean imagine if the Seattle Kraken decided to use black pants/helmets. It would be awful. But because the Avs did it 25 years ago people just got used to it. 

Having said that, burgundy pants should be used with the white jersey. But blue is way better than black. 

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Delicate Genius said:

Interesting choice of jersey to use for the 2021-22 Season Seat Registry...

It's better than the orange. They never should've switched their primary jersey from blue to orange. This is a promising sign that they'll return to blue at home and have orange as the alternate.

• Like 8

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

5 minutes ago, panthers_2012 said:

It's better than the orange. They never should've switched their primary jersey from blue to orange. This is a promising sign that they'll return to blue at home and have orange as the alternate.

Would not be surprised at all to see them bring back the WHA-styled orange jersey they had as the alternate before Adidas took over in that case. That's a very popular alternate amongst Oilers fans, and it'd sell well getting renewed on an Adidas template.

• Like 1

On 5/29/2021 at 4:18 PM, SHaMROCK said:

My only gripe with the current set (other than the blasphemous black socks) is the white jersey's striping pattern. If they stuck with with the classic yellow/black/white/black/yellow this current set would be perfection. Especially after they went to a single color outline on the names/numbers.

Those jerseys above are far and way my favorite set the Bruins ever wore, but those were Ray Bourque's Bruins. The current sent has such a strong tie to this generation of players and success I'd like to see them kept around for as long as this core remains intact, however long that may be.

• Like 4

I know that I'm going to get flak for this but I think the Oilers' current set looks damn good. I get why people have a soft spot for the Gretzky era jerseys but those just don't look as good as the orange and navy does.

• Like 3

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

2 hours ago, Kevin W. said:

I know that I'm going to get flak for this but I think the Oilers' current set looks damn good. I get why people have a soft spot for the Gretzky era jerseys but those just don't look as good as the orange and navy does.

I just don't see it, honestly. The neon orange is garish as hell, especially combined with a navy that's so dark it looks black on camera. Besides, teams around the league are moving away from navy blue anyways; the Sabres dumped it in favor of royal, the Isles dumped it a while ago; I think only Winnipeg's left of the NHL teams using navy besides Seattle.

Plus royal blue is the color they wore during their Stanley Cup dynasty. Navy blue has...like, the 2006 run? Getting swept by Winnipeg in the first round this season? It's not exactly a color the Oilers have historically had much success in.

And why would they use a picture of a fan wearing a jersey that isn't their main dark jersey or current alternate if this means nothing? Why specifically use one wearing the Reebok royal blue? There's plenty of photos they could've used of fans cheering in the orange home jersey they wear now.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Ridleylash said:

I just don't see it, honestly. The neon orange is garish as hell, especially combined with a navy that's so dark it looks black on camera. The royal looks gorgeous and teams around the league are moving away from navy blue anyways; the Sabres dumped it in favor of royal, the Isles dumped it a while ago; I think only Winnipeg's left of the NHL teams using navy besides Seattle.

Plus royal blue is the color they wore during their Stanley Cup dynasty. Navy blue has...like, the 2006 run? Getting swept by Winnipeg in the first round this season? It's not exactly a color the Oilers have historically had much success in.

The Oilers and Islanders need to meet up and hammer out which team will take royal and which will take navy, because we can't keep doing this crap.

• Like 5
"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

18 minutes ago, Ridleylash said:

I just don't see it, honestly. The neon orange is garish as hell, especially combined with a navy that's so dark it looks black on camera. Besides, teams around the league are moving away from navy blue anyways; the Sabres dumped it in favor of royal, the Isles dumped it a while ago; I think only Winnipeg's left of the NHL teams using navy besides Seattle.

And why would they use a picture of a fan wearing a jersey that isn't their main dark jersey or current alternate if this means nothing? Why specifically use one wearing the Reebok royal blue? There's plenty of photos they could've used of fans cheering in the orange home jersey they wear now.

St. Louis still uses navy. They have the same problem with it being so dark it looks black, too

• Like 1