2021-2022 NHL Jersey Changes

squamfan

God I love that new Penguins' alt. The lack of a golden triangle in the logo on the shoulders is still a bit weird looking, though. 8/10; now I know what the Penguins' jersey set's gonna be when they draft me in NHL 22: :P
unknown.png

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ridleylash said:

Honestly, I kinda hoped against hope that they'd include the Robopen just to make it a little less like the RR, but I guess Mario being around would've hampered that.

I dunno, the 90's jersey with a consistent logo set would actually be pretty nice primaries for Pittsburgh to go with.

2 hours ago, mcj882000 said:

God I love that new Penguins' alt. The lack of a golden triangle in the logo on the shoulders is still a bit weird looking, though. 8/10; now I know what the Penguins' jersey set's gonna be when they draft me in NHL 22: :P
unknown.png

SurzLzp.png

Shameless plug here, but interestingly enough, my most recent Penguins redesign basically took the diagonal Pittsburgh sleeves and flipped them and merged them with the current uniforms. 🤷‍♂️

As for real life, I don't know that I'd want to see the Pens go with the RR and the new alternate. The current uniforms aren't perfect by any stretch, but I think they're still better than the diagonal uniforms. 

• Like 5

AmPJ0Ty.png 

36 minutes ago, spartacat_12 said:

Nashville is going to be releasing their Stadium Series jersey tomorrow. It'll be the first time they've worn navy since switching to yellow at home 10 years ago.

Seems like it'll be another wordmark jersey, which I'm sure might piss off some people. I'm just happy they're embracing navy again.

Hopefully they'll be using navy buckets instead of the yellow ones and then at the very least pull a Vegas and have both as options for the normal set.

The Triangle-less Penguin is the perfect representation of an "alternate for alternate's sake" logo...  Just take your existing logo, remove its most visually appealing & iconic feature, and call it your new secondary...  Lazy.

The gold triangle would have made the logo stand out better on the uniform's black-base...  As the logo they should have used, from the original jersey, proves.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Ridleylash said:

Seems like it'll be another wordmark jersey, which I'm sure might piss off some people. I'm just happy they're embracing navy again.

Hopefully they'll be using navy buckets instead of the yellow ones and then at the very least pull a Vegas and have both as options for the normal set.

I think the wordmark you’re looking at is the name bar?

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

39 minutes ago, ldconcepts said:

I think the wordmark you’re looking at is the name bar?

No, I'm pretty sure this is the inside of the collar;

spacer.png

It's clearly printed on, and you can see a bit of the front of the jersey in the corner, which makes me pretty sure it's a a shot of the collar.

This is what I'm assuming is on the front of the jersey; it's very obviously stitched on, not printed on, so it has to be pretty prominent on the jersey;

spacer.png

EDIT: Wait, whoops, totally misread that comment lmfao, my bad 😅

1 hour ago, Ridleylash said:

spacer.png

It's clearly printed on, and you can see a bit of the front of the jersey in the corner, which makes me pretty sure it's a a shot of the collar.

This is what I'm assuming is on the front of the jersey; it's very obviously stitched on, not printed on, so it has to be pretty prominent on the jersey;

spacer.png

Well the names on the back of any NHL jersey are going to be stitched on like the teaser here… 

If the front happens to be a wordmark, then it would also look like this, but my guess is that this is the NOB. 

• Like 1

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

19 hours ago, Ridleylash said:

spacer.png

The letters look like the NOB in the 98-2007(?) NOB italicized font

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

8 minutes ago, Nordiks_19 said:

Is there an unknown challenge to design the worst jersey possible when it comes to Stadium Series ?spacer.png

Oof, that's awful. Between this & the Devils' Jersey jersey we're crossing into the NBA territory of dumb regional nicknames being thrown on uniforms.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, DTConcepts said:

How did the Lightning get it so right and the Predators get it so wrong?

Nothing about the Lightning jersey is good.

Nothing about the Preds jersey is good.

People wonder why dweebs clamor for 90s :censored: and this is why. 

• Like 5

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.