2021-2022 NHL Jersey Changes

squamfan

10 hours ago, Ridleylash said:

You'd also sell more jerseys that way because it's not basically the same thing as their other jerseys but with a cream base instead of a blue or white one. Hell, they've done the fauxback look before in event games and it worked perfectly;

spacer.png

I am still adamant that this should have been the basis of the Sabres return to blue and athletic gold full time; along with a matching home set. It's one of my favorite NHL uniforms of all time. A shame that it was just a one-off.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Not bad, but I'm not sure what the point is of having "ARENAS" in blue. It's barely visible from 10 feet away, let alone outside in a football stadium. It almost looks like they sewed on white letters, then changed their mind & pulled out the stitching.

Some cream or brown pants/gloves would look good with the jersey.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spartacat_12 said:

Not bad, but I'm not sure what the point is of having "ARENAS" in blue. It's barely visible from 10 feet away, let alone outside in a football stadium. It almost looks like they sewed on white letters, then changed their mind & pulled out the stitching.

Some cream or brown pants/gloves would look good with the jersey.

There is an explanation of that in the other NHL Thread. There is actually a pretty interesting story behind it. (At least I thought it was interesting)

10 minutes ago, PlayGloria said:

There is an explanation of that in the other NHL Thread. There is actually a pretty interesting story behind it. (At least I thought it was interesting)

If you mean the whole Ballard-protesting-player-names-on-the-backs-of-jerseys-in-the-70s-thing, none other than Chris himself refuted that on Twitter:

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, officeglenn said:

If you mean the whole Ballard-protesting-player-names-on-the-backs-of-jerseys-in-the-70s-thing, none other than Chris himself refuted that on Twitter:

Dang. Well then I don't like it 😂

It's only good with the story. It's not good design without it.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

2 hours ago, PlayGloria said:

Yeah, that's a funny connection, and one of my favourite cheap owner stories in sports history. But it would be hard to believe that the team would embrace a joke at their own expense. This is an original 6 franchise, not the Hurricanes.

• Like 1

Yeah that definitely felt like a meme that it was honoring what Ballard did with the same color names…

I don’t mind it though, it’s meant to show that it’s an Arenas jersey, yet not a throwback to the sweater that had that specific logo. It also makes the actual logo an Arenas specific logo for other applications rather than just the T. It’s a bit quirky, but I like it. 

And all of the outdoor games uniforms, this year were a tiny bit disappointing. I mean at least I’m the matchups. Both the Wild and the Blues looked great for the WC, but I wish the Blues had gone with a 1920’s fauxback rather than a off-white 60’s throwback…

And while the Lightning will look ok, I mean I don’t even need to mention Nashville. Oh sorry Smashville 🙄

And now this. The Sabres have a 60’s style jersey while the Leafs went all the way back to the 1920’s. It’s like how the Habs wore their regular road jersey (essentially) in the Heritage Classic vs the Flames. It just looks off when teams don’t coordinate their looks for these big games. I just don’t get how that part is overlooked, or just ignored by these teams.

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

14 hours ago, steve61 said:

And somehow they managed to do even less than "not much" 

Only so much you can do when you find out who’s playing less than a year before the game. Essentially, it limits you to templates and colors that already exist at the factory.

• Like 1
  • Yawn 1

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]