2021-22 NBA Changes

4 hours ago, MkDon said:

Sadly they will, when the season starts. Nowadays the preseason is the only time when we see how NBA uniforms match ups should always look like. 

No. The Bulls are going back to white in the regular season. 

Aesthetically, I've loved every minute of the NBA preseason. It's so refreshing to see white jerseys as the home uniform. Especially Brooklyn and Chicago.

Whites at home are the best part about the preseason, all said and done.

It's as nice as some NHL teams putting team logos on helmets instead of paid sponsors for sure.  

• Like 8

2 hours ago, El Scorcho said:

How new is the silver Nike tick on the Spurs white unis? I hadn't noticed it before today and I don't remember an announcement.

I like the change, brings more silver into the white unis and makes the Nike tick less prominent. 

It's just the NBA 75 "diamondization" of the logo. 

• Like 5

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

1 hour ago, kimball said:

It's just the NBA 75 "diamondization" of the logo. 

Talking about the Nike diamond logo, I might've missed this info completely, but what happens to the Jumpman logo that is on the Statement jerseys in this case? Does it get the same treatment, or will the diamond Nike just be used instead of it on the Statements too this year?

9 hours ago, ThunderCeltic said:

Lamar Hunt Bridge.

Margaret Hunt Hill not Lamar Hunt and it wasn't to honor a bridge but True Maverick (whatever this is) according to Mavs and nike.

1 hour ago, truepg said:

Does it get the same treatment?

Yes, jumpman got same diamond effect like swoosh.

• Like 1

4r2eer.png

Wasn’t the Knicks’ anniversary uniform going to be the city uniform? Or am I misremembering that? Seems like city and classic are one in the same for this year, at least that’s been my assumption (could absolutely be wrong though - it’s hard to keep track of the NBA’s system these days).

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

8 hours ago, VandyDelphia Mike said:

Diamonized Jumpman nearly invisible on Charlotte’s whites.

Good. The only downside is that the pinstripes get interrupted oddly, but the less MJ I have to see the better.

• Like 2

the user formerly known as cdclt

10 hours ago, pelicanfan said:

new court for the mavericks. for the past three years there have been three different court designs (excluding alternates). this time its an all blue painted court but with players' names painted on 

Good on them for changing every year but to be honest, they should stick to one and maybe spend those dollars instead on rebranding?

• Like 6

11 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

Wasn’t the Knicks’ anniversary uniform going to be the city uniform? Or am I misremembering that? Seems like city and classic are one in the same for this year, at least that’s been my assumption (could absolutely be wrong though - it’s hard to keep track of the NBA’s system these days).

That's what I thought but it looks like the Knicks/Celtics/Warriors will also have City editions.

So:

Knicks- Orange ?

Celtics-Green ?

Warriors- Black?

• Like 1

On 10/9/2021 at 1:46 AM, truepg said:

Talking about the Nike diamond logo, I might've missed this info completely, but what happens to the Jumpman logo that is on the Statement jerseys in this case? Does it get the same treatment, or will the diamond Nike just be used instead of it on the Statements too this year?

The diamond treatment will happen to the Nike logo, the Jumpman logo, as well as the NBA Logoman logo (which will read "75" instead of the usual "NBA").

https://www.nba.com/news/nba-unveils-diamond-embellishments-for-nba-75-jerseys