2021-22 NBA Changes

48 minutes ago, ThunderCeltic said:

What can I say, I enjoy it.

Yeah, but after the 13th time in two days it gets a LITTTTTTTTLE annoying for the rest of us.

• Like 10

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

1 hour ago, ThunderCeltic said:

Well based on locker vision I decided to play the guessing game again on the missing City editions. (What can I say, I enjoy it).

OKC- White

Portland- Black

Golden State- Midnight Navy

Sacramento- Royal Blue

Clippers- Black

San Antone- White

Houston- Red

New Orleans- White

Detroit- Red

Boston- Green

New York- Orange

Toronto- Red

Charlotte- Purple w/Pinstripes

Washington- Red

Orlando- Gray

Please stop....

• Like 12

spacer.png

For this new Lockervision I don't like that you can't open things in a new tab, but everything else is a step forward.

Site is much cleaner, more intuitive, better looking and there are much more information (even if many of them are nike speak) about uniforms themselves rather than "Team x wear this and Team y wear that".

I wish they add in near future an archive for past seasons, it would be amazing.

4r2eer.png

18 hours ago, ThunderCeltic said:

Well based on locker vision I decided to play the guessing game again on the missing City editions. (What can I say, I enjoy it).

OKC- White

Portland- Black

Golden State- Midnight Navy

Sacramento- Royal Blue

Clippers- Black

San Antone- White

Houston- Red

New Orleans- White

Detroit- Red

Boston- Green

New York- Orange

Toronto- Red

Charlotte- Purple w/Pinstripes

Washington- Red

Orlando- Gray

Clearly you didn't look at LV good enough...

Clippers play Kings in their Black Statement unis.

Houston plays Portland in their Red Statement unis. 

New York plays Phoenix twice wearing their Orange Statement unis.

If Detroit is Red than Toronto can't be Red since they have a City vs. City game.

Washington plays Portland in their Red Statement unis. 

Guesses on teams actually looking at LV

BOS - Green

CHA - Purple

DET - Red 

GSW - Dark Blue

HOU - Blue

LAC - Powder Blue

NOP - White

NYK - Gray??? It's not orange or white based on schedule and by the sounds of it it's not blue either

OKC - White

ORL - Black

POR - Gray

SAC - Black

SAS - White

TOR - Blue

WAS - Blue

On 10/1/2021 at 8:14 AM, LEWJ said:

Sorry to plug my own tweet, I’m at work and didn’t want to retype 🙄😂

Ignore if already discussed.

Sorry if I'm horrendously late on this, but the new ad patch mimics the "Entering [Town]" signs throughout Massachusetts. Kinda hard to see at a glance but it's a very clever addition. It's a bit easier to see in these photos:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=https%3A%2F%2Fcelticswire.usatoday.com%2Flists%2Fnba-boston-celtics-2021-22-media-day-photos%2F&psig=AOvVaw2c8RdAE45-rri9Zk3YXOn_&ust=1634227684111000&source=images&cd=vfe&ved=0CAsQjRxqFwoTCPCs5dbix_MCFQAAAAAdAAAAABAD

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.universalhub.com%2F2015%2Fsomething-different-about-entering-boston-sign&psig=AOvVaw3J66VxwUTc2ojnVFDQxXsv&ust=1634227871219000&source=images&cd=vfe&ved=0CAsQjRxqFwoTCLizyq_jx_MCFQAAAAAdAAAAABAF

• Like 2

I've heard the rumors about the Jazz switching to black and white with yellow as an accent. From what the owner said is that "it won't be just black and white, but those will serve as the base." So not sure how yellow got added except for the Jazz game schedule.

But regardless i'm excited. They also said they will be getting a new logo (not sure if its just a recolor of their current or a new one all together). 

I like the blue, green, yellow look they have now, but I do think its time to update their normal set since they've had since 2016.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HighCheese said:

spacer.png

Oh boy. As I’ve said before, I really do think this general idea is coming from a good place, and I do appreciate that ownership understands there’s a been a bad branding problem for some time. That said, I just don’t think this was the right solution at all. 

Instead of doubling down on and re-emphasizing one of the previous color schemes and cementing the brand that way (a la the Padres), they’ve just added one more color scheme on top of many. Perhaps this color scheme could look good in a vacuum (and of course I hope the final product does look good) but in the grand scheme of things, I think this is going to add more to the problem than solve it overall. Now the spilled skittles bag that is the collection of Jazz gear worn to the arena won’t match anything.

In another tangent of thought, I’m curious how much bees/beehive as a state symbol has influenced the supposed color scheme? The baseball Bees also wear black/gold/white, so there’d be some cohesion there as well. Just something that came to mind.

• Like 10

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png