The Rite of Spring (AKA 2021 Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread)

Seadragon76

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, DTConcepts said:

Feel free to delete because of the foul language, but good lord was Eddie O annoying after last night's game. Isles fans were celebrating a huge comeback win at what may be the last ever game at the Nassau Coliseum. Let 'em have their moment.

Untitled-2

Let hockey be rowdy. It's how it's been, how it is, and how it always should be.

I mean you dont riot until the Cup Final, when you either lost or won.  This was just a preview

Signature intentionally left blank

gonna be weird seeing two eastern teams in the cup. Hopefully the Isles can win so we can get a good series uniform wise. Plus now we'll finally get to possibly see the first major four leagues title in Montreal since the 1994 Expos 1993 Canadiens.

Signature intentionally left blank

3 hours ago, Ridleylash said:

Also, jesus :censored:ing christ Caufield is a monster.

He was a late arrival on this Habs roster. Before he was called up, the Habs struggled to win a single game and the team barely made the playoffs this year. He saved our season in OT against the Leafs. Safe to say he's been a difference maker. Caufield's stint is making me think of Jaromir Jagr's rookie season.

On 6/23/2021 at 12:01 AM, Unocal said:

These Habs are the 91 North Stars on caffeine

The North Stars lost the Cup. This Habs roster is making me think of the 2019 St. Louis Blues.

---

Also, I don't know if there's ever been a situation where an "interim" coach, who's role is to fill in a "failed season" temporarely, ever make the playoffs and win himself a Stanley Cup? This is a reminder that Dominic Ducharme is not technically the permanent head coach and look where he's at. If a Cup Final appearence doesn't give you the job, I don't know what will.

1 hour ago, Cosmic said:

When has a team ever messed around with a Vezina finalist in the playoffs the way Vegas has with Fleury?

I’m not a sharks fan so I can’t tell you, but if Reddit comments are to be believed (dubious, I know), then this is what we call a “Pete DeBoer special.”

spacer.png

4 minutes ago, Crabcake said:

I’m not a sharks fan so I can’t tell you, but if Reddit comments are to be believed (dubious, I know), then this is what we call a “Pete DeBoer special.”

I mean, their miserable PP all playoffs is classic Steve Spott. 😛

It would be even funnier if the Islanders win tomorrow. Whoever wins tomorrow would have home ice advantage in the Finals. And that means a potential Game 7 to send off the old arena. Would be fitting. And that’s why I think the Bolts win tomorrow and probably win two Cups in a row. 

1 hour ago, habsfan1 said:

This Habs roster is making me think of the 2019 St. Louis Blues.

---

Also, I don't know if there's ever been a situation where an "interim" coach, who's role is to fill in a "failed season" temporarely, ever make the playoffs and win himself a Stanley Cup? This is a reminder that Dominic Ducharme is not technically the permanent head coach and look where he's at. If a Cup Final appearence doesn't give you the job, I don't know what will.

Slight difference- Blues were the hottest team going into the playoffs. MTL was the coldest.

This Montreal run has really been something else. I don’t have an allegiance to any team in the league, but the Habs are in a handful of teams I’ve always liked more than others, so I’m happy to see them make it.

I will say though, a guaranteed East vs. East final is weird as hell. I know this is a weird year and the divisions/brackets were what they were, but man is that going to be jarring. I was born in the 90’s; West vs. East is all I’ve ever known.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

Archived