2022-2023 NHL Jersey Changes

spartacat_12

Watching the Sharks highlights and I really don’t like the away uniforms.  

it comes across as two black stripes with a large white stripe between them.   Just not very aesthetically pleasing.   Absolutely should have made the middle teal.  

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, CreamSoda said:

Watching the Sharks highlights and I really don’t like the away uniforms.  

it comes across as two black stripes with a large white stripe between them.   Just not very aesthetically pleasing.   Absolutely should have made the middle teal.  

I agree. Teal numbers also

• Like 4

On 10/6/2022 at 11:03 AM, DTConcepts said:

The Islanders have teased the fisherman's return with the announcement of "90s Night" in December. If the Reverse Retros are going to be unveiled in November, then having '90s night in December makes sense.

cut.png

Why are they doing Memphis design for a '95-'96 sweater? No one was doing Saved by the Bell squiggles anymore by then. 

• Like 4

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

6 hours ago, the admiral said:

Why are they doing Memphis design for a '95-'96 sweater? No one was doing Saved by the Bell squiggles anymore by then. 

Plus the font they chose is quite '80s. That's "Moonlighting."

• Like 2
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

On 10/6/2022 at 10:05 PM, Tomkesler said:

spacer.png

https://www.nhl.com/kraken/news/2022-23-depths-members-to-receive-limited-edition-toque/c-336118658

"The striping up top is inspired by Seattle's hockey history and sets the course for new adventures that lie ahead ­- plus a sneak peek at future jersey releases."

Based on the article, it looks like these STH beanies are hinting at the striping pattern for the Kraken reverse retro jersey. The anchor might be a clue as well, but that isn't as obvious. 

The only pro Seattle hockey team known to use northwestern stripes was the Ironmen in the mid 40s. It was a generic logo-less uniform that they might of used for one season. The sweater was two colour had a number on the front and featured a white shoulder yolk with NW hem stripes. It was identical to that worn by dozens of minor league teams of that era.

If this is the uniform they are going back to its a bit similar to the Devils "Jersey" which made little sense in terms of local hockey history. I'm sure it can't look terrible but calling it historical is a bit revisionist.

If not the Metropolitans the team the Kraken should be remembering is the Seattle Totems. They had championships the greatest player in minor pro history and they were the biggest sport in town for much of their existence. The franchise also has a selection of unique and absolutely gorgeous uniforms to choose from.

It reminds me of their recent mascot debacle. Fans were saying this was an easy layup. Instead of picking a mascot that represents the team name they went with the equivalent of a sea pylon. So wrong but even the fans are pretenders.

its "tap in" not "lay up".

• Like 1

2 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

No ads on either team.

For now. It's only a matter of time.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

On 10/4/2022 at 4:52 AM, Klondyke said:

Get to Calgary a lot. The fans still massively prefer the Black C jerseys. Specifically the ones they wore before the RBK Edge came to life

Thats not even true. When Calgary had black C on jersey before retro. More fans had 3rd jersey at the time aka the retro jersey worn more by fans than the home jersey at home games.  I been to some games myself. Fans themselves like the retro jersey more. Dont know where you get your info saying people like black C more, but fans love retro look even more. I seen it first hand.

Flames fan wanted retro back full time. Retro or 3rd jersey at the time was outselling the home jersey at the time.  For you to say Flames fans like black C more isn't right. Where did you get your info from. I got mine from seeing at games and knowing the city sold more retro jersey then home. 

Yes I am fans myself.

• Like 3

On 10/8/2022 at 9:05 PM, uniformity said:

The only pro Seattle hockey team known to use northwestern stripes was the Ironmen in the mid 40s. It was a generic logo-less uniform that they might of used for one season. The sweater was two colour had a number on the front and featured a white shoulder yolk with NW hem stripes. It was identical to that worn by dozens of minor league teams of that era.

I was looking at some Totems photos and they used some similar striped socks at some points.spacer.pngspacer.png

16 hours ago, JohnnyCowboy5 said:

Thats not even true. When Calgary had black C on jersey before retro. More fans had 3rd jersey at the time aka the retro jersey worn more by fans than the home jersey at home games.  I been to some games myself. Fans themselves like the retro jersey more. Dont know where you get your info saying people like black C more, but fans love retro look even more. I seen it first hand.

Flames fan wanted retro back full time. Retro or 3rd jersey at the time was outselling the home jersey at the time.  For you to say Flames fans like black C more isn't right. Where did you get your info from. I got mine from seeing at games and knowing the city sold more retro jersey then home. 

Yes I am fans myself.

Arguing on the internet. Rage. Anger.  

Let's test that, shall we? How's about we look at photos of the crowds in Calgary and see if that holds up;

spacer.png

Plenty of black C jerseys here, wow. More than the retros, in fact. But it's just one, let's try to increase the sample size with another sample;

spacer.png

Huh. Also a lot more black C jerseys than retros. Ah, but it's just two photos, right? Let's keep going, maybe I'm missing some images.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Heck, let's throw in a photo from this past May;

spacer.png

....huh. You know, there's a lot more black C's in the Saddledome then I would've expected if the retros were so thoroughly obliterating them in terms of local popularity.

Yes I am fans myself.

I don't live in Calgary now but based on the ppl I know fans definitely wanted a return to and lobbied for the reverse retro. Its a bit of stretch to say that the 2004 jersey was massively more popular than it. It definitely was popular in 2004 because it replaced some pretty awful jerseys including the pedestal and the black horse head thing which didn't make a lot of sense as a home jersey. The edge jerseys were definitely a step backwards.