2022-23 NHL Season

BrySmalls

10 hours ago, Cujo said:

We're comparing the Leafs getting past the first round to the 2016 Chicago Cubs?

Season 11 What GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

You're right; Leafs getting out of the first round is way bigger.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Yawn 1

12 hours ago, Unocal said:

Last year was MIN's best shot to make a run. This year's team didn't have the firepower

Yeah last year’s team was much much better. The Wild really just (like always) lack center depth and good face off guys. They’re starting to get goal scorers, but just struggle down the middle especially. And considering you usually draft those types rather than sign them, it’s gonna be a while before the Wild are really ready to make a deep run. 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

3 hours ago, Cosmic said:

You're right; Leafs getting out of the first round is way bigger.

Keep going.

Y'all are just giving me more of a reason to wanna see the wheels fall off Toronto next round 😈

6uXNWAo.png

Those crowds downtown should silence the "actually Toronto is a basketball town now, hockey is just for cishet white men" talk that was being vomited out of Toronto the last few years

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Yawn 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

6 hours ago, the admiral said:

Those crowds downtown should silence the "actually Toronto is a basketball town now, hockey is just for cishet white men" talk that was being vomited out of Toronto the last few years

The Raptors have done a good job building a fanbase in the city but anyone who seriously thought basketball surpassed hockey, and anyone surpassed the Leafs, was talking out of their 🤬

• Like 1

Bruins have proven they can’t close things out in this series so I’m not surprised. Even less surprised it tipped off of Charlie McAvoy’s stick considering he has had one of the worst performances I’ve ever seen a player have.

I’ve seen this story before. Bruins. Game 7. At home? I know how this ends…

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

I know the President's Trophy is labeled as "cursed," but I was thinking something had to give.

Despite how great the Bruins have been in the past decade, I'm still surprised they have little to show for it. It really felt like this could've been their year... at least in the regular season I did.

• Like 1

The Bruins beat themselves. As much as I want to say the Panthers played better and shut down the Bruins, they didn't. Did they work harder, yes, but the Bruins seemingly changed their entire play style for this series. You are the best team in the league. You do not change your system, other teams change their systems to play you. The Bruins lost game two, and the entire city and franchise freaked out. New lines, new playing style. Unfortunately, that play style involved nothing but self-inflicted wounds. You can't consistently turn the puck over and expect to win. You can't consistently be unable to make 2 consecutive clean passes and expect to win. You can't consistently not hold onto a lead and expect to win. You can't loose three straight home games and expect to win. Good luck to Florida.

Today's game was a microcosm of everything that has happened in this series. NOBODY wanted to go balls to wall (expect Tyler Bertuzzi, probably) and make a mistake. They never looked comfortable on the ice tonight and everyone looked absolutely petrified. I think the most frustrating part of today's game was Charlie McAvoy. He had a historically bad game. It was, without a doubt, the worst single performance I've ever seen out of a hockey player. That is your #1 defenseman; choking completely under the big lights. 

As far as Boston sports losses, this is #2 behind the Patriots/Giants Super Bowl.

what the hell is ccslc?

2 minutes ago, Sport said:

I would like all Boston fans everywhere to hear my laughter and drink my farts. 

Offer declined.

• Sad 1

what the hell is ccslc?