2023-24 NHL Jersey Changes

Chewbacca

This is one of the most pointless redesigns in recent memory. The new, less-sickly shade of orange is a welcome improvement. But beyond that, it feels like they randomly changed a couple things just to say they changed things. It's a shame, since their uniforms are far from perfect and there was real potential for substantive changes to make them look better (starting with getting rid of those stupid-looking nameplates).

What bothers me the most is the single-layer TV numbers. They make the whole uniform look like a cheap screenprint job they ordered from a catalog.

• Like 3

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

What I like:
- Darker orange
- Wider colour on sleeve

What I don't like:
- The contrasting nameplates are still there. Never was a fan.
- The black shoulder numbers on the sleeves. Doesn't work for me.

Meh:
- The black jersey. It's okay but I wish it was consistent with the other two.

• Like 2

I don’t get this one at all. Not even a little bit. 

They keep talking about how popular the mid-80s-00s set was, but then go back even further in time to the 60s rather than to give people what they wanted. 

the single color numbers really look rec league… and black was certainly a choice for the home uni. 

im also not sure what benefit there was to moving the hem stripe down. Seems like all they needed to do was change the shade of orange and keep everything else they had. 

• Like 2

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Good: shade of orange looks better, wider sleeve yoke is an improvement 

Bad: single-layer numbers on the sleeve look out of place, black hem stripe bleeds into pants & no longer matches socks, contrasting nameplates continue to be my least favourite design element in the history of sports

Overall this feels like a lateral move, but at least they didn’t stray too far from their classic look. The ‘80s/‘90s set is still the best they’ve had. 

• Like 4

They've been wearing something very much like their 1970s design. The change to the 1980s design back then was pretty close to perfect and my gut reaction today is that they took a step in that direction...but the more I look the more it's just a couple of tweaks.

The good and bad of the primaries.

Good: The sleeve numbers not flirting with going outside of the white sleeve treatment. Crossing that border always looked cheap to me.
Good: The darker orange

Good: the black collar.

Bad: the one stripe flush to the bottom of the jersey. Needs a second/third stripe and/or some space.

Bad: Keeping the contrasting nameplate.

Bad: One-color number on the sleeve (I cannot tell if that's the case on the home jersey, but it definitely appears to be on the road jersey. 

Overall it's a slight improvement but I wish they'd have gone all the way to the 1980s design.

• Like 1

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

2 hours ago, ManillaToad said:

What ad? It's so small, I can't see it!

It's done tastefully.

• LOL 3

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

The ad patch really tells me the soul of the franchise is ready to take the next step into greatness.  Actually, I'm going to order just the patch; I don't need the sweater otherwise, as it is nothing compared to the nucleus of championship glory that is that ad patch.

• LOL 4
"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Why are they keeping the Stadium Series inspired alternate?  That has to be the most boring, half assed design in the history of the franchise and the oversized numbers are an eyesore.  If they must have a black alt, bring back the Lindros Era version with the white shoulders.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Ark said:

Who likes the contrasting nameplates?

I could take them or leave them for the Flyers, the Jersey wouldn't look better or worse with or without them IMHO.

The only contrasting nameplate that added something that I can recall was the one the Toronto Raptors used, which tied in with the Factory Pomo style main logo.

th?id=OIP.sSnxW9We_CNQ_9b157ZA2wHaE2%26p

• Like 3

If they just kept last years sleeve numbers it would have made this reveal so much better. As a Flyers fan, the return to orange jerseys as a primary in 2009-2010 season was such a welcome return that I didn’t even care that it was fluorescent orange. But as the years went on I was begging for a change back to the 90’s Orange so I’m happy about that. 

Honestly, the changes are barely noticeable. They could've just kept the existing uniforms but changed the shade of orange and it would've been fine. These are pointless and the contrasting nameplates continue to be terrible.

• Like 1

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)