Arizona Cardinals new uniform extravaganza

CaliforniaGlowin

These are the ultimate mixed bag of uniforms for me. They're simple and traditional, yet monochrome. They can't wear the red pants with the whites cause they have no stripes. The home looks more like an alternate than the actual alternate. I kinda want to see what the whites would look like with the black pants, but I also don't get the addition of silver. 

All in all, a true mix between a C+ & B- for me. 

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

The whites have a but too much silver for my tastes. They don’t really scream Cardinals, but I can definitely rock with that look, especially if they throw some red socks in the box. 

I feel the same about the black uniforms, if we have to have them these will do just fine. 

I see nothing redeeming about the homes. 

I see they’re trying to bring back their traditional home look, but that is something that didn’t need fixing, much less a worse version of. 

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

First thoughts:

- I don’t like that they introduced all three as monochrome. They BETTER do some mixing and matching or we will have problems. 

- All that fuss about the socks and they’re plain. Blech. 

-The white set is the best to me. In fact, I would absolutely LOVE it paired with red socks. 

-I like the subtle addition of silver. I also like the changes to the helmet. I feel like the silver flecks will work well. The upsized, brightened logo and slight 3D shading also look nice.  

-Somebody PLEASE tell these clowns that all-red looks like a blood clot. Please. 

• Like 5

spacer.png

They were so close! Just gotta never wear monochrome and shrink/remove the ARIZONA work mark and it's a good set. W/R/W/R, W/W/W/R, and W/W/R/W could all be good looks potentially. But they're prob just gonna stick to monochrome 24/7.

da0Lbhs.png

Very disappointing. The colors meshed with some Arizona flair could’ve been incredible.

we get Ohio State but large reminders that it’s not with ARIZONA and slapping “CARDINALS” on 2/3 of the jersey stripes.

So about on par with the Nike refresh

• Like 3

Well... They're better than the previous set. Not great, not especially bad. The lack of stripes and giant wordmark on the home jersey bothers me a lot, but it's still by default one of Nike's better redesigns on account of how there's simply not much to talk about. I'm disappointed it wasn't something so extravagant, even if it was horrible, because at least I'd feel something about them. I'd be perfectly fine with them if the home matched the alt and away, but as they are, I can't say I like them, even if they aren't especially bad. I'd give them a C+ grade. Definitely an upgrade, but aggressively mediocre. Just about anyone here on the boards can and has done better, but what they're going with isn't actively bad, save for that goofy wordmark.

And yet, after all the chicanery I've seen on this board in the last day, I can't help but feel robbed nonetheless.

• Like 1

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

Just now, simtek34 said:

spacer.png

They were so close! Just gotta never wear monochrome and shrink/remove the ARIZONA work mark and it's a good set. W/R/W/R, W/W/W/R, and W/W/R/W could all be good looks potentially. But they're prob just gonna stick to monochrome 24/7.

This shot from afar makes it even worse. When you can't pore over every detail, there's literally nothing about these uniforms that say "Cardinals." They look like a generic Madden create-a-team.

• Like 4
  • Dislike 1

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12