New Miami Dolphins Logos

chrissimmz

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am a huge dolphins fan. Huge!

First of all, this uniform and helmet do not need to change. I would reduce the dark blue shadowing on the numbers to 1/8 of an inch. The shadow is way too big now. I am begging of the dolphins to do this. This looks awfully thick. All football uniform numbers should be block traditional. The current Steelers, Ravens, Pats, Bungals, Falcons, Eagles and Broncos look idiotic.

I don't understand why teams change uniforms. They have a successful brand and should stick with it.

I do like option B. Maybe put that in front of the sun. If they changed the Dolphin to a more agressive one, I would be fine with it. But to deviate from any major uniform changes (like the white helmet with the 3 stripes) would be idiotic.

Dolphins_alt_2.gif

This is a crap idea proposed 10 years ago. Stick with what works. Tradition is always good in sports... most teams suck now because it is one big marketing machine.

If a team has a "threatening" or "dangerous" name the logo should convey some of that--if the name isnt threatening--then to make the logo look that way usually doesn't work.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

If a team has a "threatening" or "dangerous" name the logo should convey some of that--if the name isnt threatening--then to make the logo look that way usually doesn't work.

Agreed. One of a dolphin's most apparent characteristics is that it always looks like it's smiling. Making a "frowny" dolphin doesn't work.

I second going back to the pre-navy-blue design. Never understood why they moved the Dolphin in relation to the circle behind it. Which brings me to...the circle behind it. The consensus seems to be that it's the sun, but when I was a kid and had gone to one of those Sea World-type dolphin shows, I always thought it was supposed to be one of those rings they had them jump through. That would explain the placement of the dolphin (it's going through the ring) and the fact that the circle is not orange inside like the sun. Am I just a dope and it's been the sun all along?

Having the dolphin in a helmet is kind of goofy. If it's going to wear one, shouldn't it have the Dolphins' logo on it? :wacko:

Griese72f.JPG

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

I lived in Miami during the hay day of the 70's watch the stards of the team distroy all the opponents and from Day one loved the log nad thought it was the best in the league and should never be changed. Then i saw the update .Just enought to make it better but not to ruin the look.

DONT MESS WITH THE LOGO WAYNE.

by the way have you ever seen a Dolphin in person they always look like they are smiling.

Mustangs banner.png

big banner.png

Having the dolphin in a helmet is kind of goofy. If it's going to wear one, shouldn't it have the Dolphins' logo on it? :wacko:

Griese72f.JPG

Wouldn't that cause the effect you get when you make two mirrors face each other and you see an image appear to go on and on and on....

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Am I just a dope and it's been the sun all along?

It's been the sun for as long as I can remember...they don't fill in the sun, probably to make it easier to see the dolphin. Also if it were a hoop, it would be perfectly circle, without any sun rays, or sun-depicted curves (if that makes sense, which I doubt it does).

Wouldn't that cause the effect you get when you make two mirrors face each other and you see an image appear to go on and on and on....

Yes, the infinity effect...the M is the best solution. Does anyone think the Dolphins will add gray or silver at some point, considering the fact that dolphins are really...gray?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

All football uniform numbers should be block traditional. The current Steelers, Ravens, Pats, Bungals, Falcons, Eagles and Broncos look idiotic.

well, would you get rid of the bears too. because they dont have block traditional numbers. you must mean the chicago bears are without tradition. i dont like cutting edge uniforms any more than the next, pro-grey facemask,solid-colored numbers, gary anderson facemask, guy, but i dont think its black and white. the patriots numbers are pretty normal. maybe your thinking of the old nascar style they had. i wish the eagles wouldnt have switched to a trendy green color, but with that said, the unis and numbers are nice. they still say football. how tough could you look with wings on your helmet? it still works. you are right though, the broncos do look ridiculous.

The Dolphin is jumping in front of a sunburst.

When they tweaked the logo in 1997, they removed the rays to simplify it. Then they added navy blue and changed the Dolphin from a real one to a cartoonish one.

As a Phin fan of over 30 years, I thought it was sacrilege when they first announced they were going to change it.

That logo is one of the most recognizable in sports.

After seeing the new logo, it was a little weird, but I'm used to it now. My opinion is either stay the same or go back to the original.

http://www.miaminewtimes.com/issues/2005-0...ws/feature.html

Agree. Dolphins logo during the Shula years is the best. The newer version is too cartoony.

And by the way, the Dolphins drop shadow lettering on their numbers has got to go. Give me Paul Warfield 1972 jersey for my money.

SME Design, Phoenix Design Works and Joe Bosacks of the world go away... and let history be our guide not Illustrator 10.0

Logoman

KEEP THE LOGO! Just add more attiitude.

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

How could you give the dolphin some attitude? Hmm..I'm trying to think of what would work..

I know! Give it a pair of sunglasses and a cigarrette sticking out of it's mouth. Then give it a big "shula" tattoo on it's flipper, and by a miracle of nature, the other flipper will be able to form a middle finger which it proudly juts forth. Move the dolphin in front of a flaming skull, and make the uniforms black.

Kidding of course, go back to the old days. I'm not huge dolphin fan, but I think the new unis just have too much going on with the shadows and such. Sometimes simplicity is perfection.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I think people who expect every team to have a scary mascot are being unrealistic.

The thing is, when the team's identity is the Dolphins, they're not going for scary, or angry, or bite-your-head-off demonic. They just associate the area with that particular animal.

There's a team in the National Rugby League here called the South Sydney Rabbitohs. They're bunnies for gosh sake. They have an angry bunny logo, but it's not their primary (and if anyone ever tried to make it such they'd be burned at the stake; the Rabbitohs have the most feverish supporters for a team which regularly gets the wooden spoon). The point being, don't force a logo to be uncharacteristically mean-looking when you've got a sissy team mascot. If that's your team identity, you have to embrace it (or change IT, not just the logo).

Oh, and anyone who thinks dolphins can't look scary needs to watch the episode of The Simpsons when they're overrun by the dolphins. Those dolphins weren't happy and smiling the whole time.

Dragons.gifPreds.gifTitans.gifSonics.gif

Crests.gif

I think people who expect every team to have a scary mascot are being unrealistic.

The thing is, when the team's identity is the Dolphins, they're not going for scary, or angry, or bite-your-head-off demonic. They just associate the area with that particular animal.

There's a team in the National Rugby League here called the South Sydney Rabbitohs. They're bunnies for gosh sake. They have an angry bunny logo, but it's not their primary (and if anyone ever tried to make it such they'd be burned at the stake; the Rabbitohs have the most feverish supporters for a team which regularly gets the wooden spoon). The point being, don't force a logo to be uncharacteristically mean-looking when you've got a sissy team mascot. If that's your team identity, you have to embrace it (or change IT, not just the logo).

Oh, and anyone who thinks dolphins can't look scary needs to watch the episode of The Simpsons when they're overrun by the dolphins. Those dolphins weren't happy and smiling the whole time.

i agree...

the dolphins current logo is pure awesome. it's one of the best logo updates i've seen. i don't see why you guys are so upset by it.

my only complaint with it is that teal is the ugliest color on earth... but they shouldn't change it, because teal is their color. it works for them.

not all logos need to be scary or agressive.

take the chicago blackhawks, for example. they are widely regarded as having some of the nicest uniforms in all of sports... they could have gone with a fighting souix style logo, that looked tougher... but they're sticking with their friendly native american head, with a slight grin. would having blood pouring out of his mouth, and downward pointing eyebrows make the team any better? would it make the team look more respectable? no.

the dolphins could stand to downplay the navy a little bit, but not get rid of it... they aren't the only ones in that boat, either.

but i honestly don't see what is wrong with the current dolphins logo. it's well done, it's an update of the original, and it's instantly recognizable.

and on a side note, if the dolphin were jumping through a hoop in that logo, wouldn't his tail be obstructed by the hoop? he's plainly in front of whatever it is... i've always thought of it as the sun.

Like how? A goatee and a barbed-wire tattoo? How 'bout we turn his helmet backward?

Why don't we all just leave well enough alone. The Dolphins' logo and color scheme has neared timeless icon status. It is associated with past glory, NFL history and it is easily one of the most identifiable logos in pro sports. Jets and Packers aren't full of attitude, either, and those teams do fine for themselves. Not everything needs to be ultra-loud and XXX-TREME!!!!!! these days. It'll take some doing to make a logo better than what they have.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

i actrually prefer the current logo to the original one, mainly cus adding a bit of navy actually simplified it IMO. the original was a little too detailed, oddly enough-I couldn't even tell the dolphin had an eye, whereas the current dolphin, I can see all its features. It's got all the attitude it needs B)

hell, goin on Kit's tangent on the Rabbitohs, I recall a couple years ago there was an ESPN magazine article on Japanese hockey. the top team on all of Japanese ice (at the time, anyway)? Why, none other than the Kokudo Bunnies with their smiling cartoon bunny head as their crest :D

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived