Unpopular Opinions

the san diego chargers have never looked better than they did in this uniform:

Mike-Riley-2001-Season-San-Diego-Chargers-Head-Coach-with-Drew-Brees_photo_medium.jpg

and their current uniform is a disgusting muddy disaster of bleeding colors and ugly fonts.

I think that these are the best jerseys in Blue Jays history:

eegg2s6ui7g7ftxdy8nvm4vu6.gifpb30ih19ghavleeg7je25hq37.gifjdqu43o2y4jq79w8yee7bdkv6.gif

I'd agree, if it wasn't for the 2012 set.

Personally, I hate new jerseys that are just copies of old jerseys. It smacks of laziness... though I might feel differently if the Marlins went back to their 1993 look.

Jays up till they switched to the "Black" Jays jerseys did a pretty good job of evolving. Laziness?! I know someone who worked on that project, it took them 18 months of work. Any graphic designer on here can tell you that new set is very different. The new Blue Jays set are not throwbacks, everything was re-done. The fan base wanted that look back.

Lack of hem stripes, the ridiculous socks, and the black and blue not having anything to break them up...

Three huge strikes against that uniform set.

Without question. Though the superiority of the logo to the bland one they use now can't be disputed.

I know that the Kings purple and gold color combination is highly popular among a certain amount of fans and they want it to be used full time. But with the Kings Stanley Cup win, I guess the "Gretzky era" silver and black will from here on out be associated with winning. Silver and black are now their official championship colors.

Will that affect anyone's opinion on purple and gold?

i came here to post something about that, too...

it's obvious that the kings are going to be gretkzy/cup colored from now on... so my unpopular opinion is that the anaheim ducks need to reclaim eggplant as their primary color. the kings really should be purple and gold, but if they don't want it, the ducks should be the purple team in socal.

Maybe this is the unpopular opinion, but I think that this is the best the Kings have ever looked. They're kind of the opposite of the Canucks to me. A few entirely different color schemes and designs, but all of the Kings have looked good. I actually like their current crest, too. I'm happy they wont the Cup in these and that all their success has come in silver and black, because I don't want to see them move away from that again.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

i, on the other hand, think this is as close to perfect as they've ever been. if they cleaned up the "rules" of what does and doesn't have a white outline on there, it would be perfection.

dionne2.jpg

i'd just drop white entirely, and go with purple/yellow in the same way sweden traditionally uses blue/yellow.

i, on the other hand, think this is as close to perfect as they've ever been. if they cleaned up the "rules" of what does and doesn't have a white outline on there, it would be perfection.

dionne2.jpg

i'd just drop white entirely, and go with purple/yellow in the same way sweden traditionally uses blue/yellow.

And I'd add white stripes to outline the yellow. The Forum Blue and Gold scheme is my favorite color set in NHL history.

Manchester-City-icon.png

I know that the Kings purple and gold color combination is highly popular among a certain amount of fans and they want it to be used full time. But with the Kings Stanley Cup win, I guess the "Gretzky era" silver and black will from here on out be associated with winning. Silver and black are now their official championship colors.

Will that affect anyone's opinion on purple and gold?

Maybe this could work as a compromise, with the current black jerseys serving as their "Stanley Cup/Fauxback" alternates:

Hs1Ye.png

t7iYw.png

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

It doesn't work. Purple and black work together (although you're toeing a fine line because of how close they are). Purple and black with gold tossed in can look decent, and the Ravens would prove it if they got their heads out of their asses and cleaned up their set.

However, whenever I see black, purple and yellow together, I think it looks terrible. That is largely because all I ever see it on is Lakers and Vikings hats made for the "kewl kids" who didn't want to wear team colors because they were too bright or didn't look good with their khakis or whatever. Aside from that, I don't think those colors should ever be paired. They just don't look good together. To me, that looks like a 2002 Bills-esque half-assing by throwing something from every past identity into a blender.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I agree with TheOldRoman. Trying to throw all of those combinations together looks like... trying to throw all of those combinations together. It just doesn't work because there's too much there. All they need to do is continue to wear the black/white jerseys and have a purple/gold alt.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Change the striping on the home to match the road and this look is perfect.

Kings35.png

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)