Unpopular Opinions

I'm going to take that a step further and say I liked this Mets jersey when it was used for BP

huYZb32M.gif

At least there's no black.

The logo on the sleeve is black and there are black dropshadows on the script and numbers.

Oops, guess I got so used to seeing Mets jerseys without the black that the black is barely even a distant memory in the back of my mind. :P

From San Berdoo to Kalamazoo.

I'm going to take that a step further and say I liked this Mets jersey when it was used for BP

huYZb32M.gif

Actually, the person wearing it is black. Maybe you should've thought about that before you made your post.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I hate gray baseball road uniforms.

I need to explain that. I love the tradition behind gray uniforms. But I don't like the actual look of the gray uniforms.

Gray is generally an ugly color. I liked it a lot better when many teams used powder blue for road uniforms. And, as I've said many times before, I'd like to see some teams go back to power blues for the road.

>b32M.gif

Actually, the person wearing it is black. Maybe you should've thought about that before you made your post.

If the intent here is what I think it is...classic :lol: I wonder if he figures it out. Mojo and Ryan, don't worry, I'm not talking about you guys when I say "he".

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

as a red sox fan, these are my 2 favorite uniforms in franchise history:

300px-Scott_Podsednik_on_May_23,_2012.jpg

594246_ltpredsox20120601.jpg

when they first unveiled them, the blue socks on them made me absolutely hate them... but once they switched back to the red undershirts and red sox, they are absolutely flawless uniforms. gorgeous and stunning.

This...

g6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif

... is amongst the worst team logos - if not the worst - in Major League Soccer.

The bulbous shape of the shield looks like a 3rd-grader's rendering of a falling bomb. The eagle is better-suited to adorning the hood of a Pontiac Firebird. The soccer ball-in-star device and Onyx font scream "Clip-Art". Overall, the individual elements of the logo seem slapped together, rather than effectively integrated as a whole.

Bottom line? D.C. United's logo is miserable... at best.

Frankly, I'm of the opinion that if it weren't for the fact that this logo accompanies a so-called "traditional", international-style team name, most members of this community - both logo enthusiasts and soccer supporters alike - would dismiss the badge as the dreck that it is.

I hate purple and teal.

I don't completely hate purple, but I absolutely hate teal. I truly wish I could eradicate it from sports. It is a truly terrible looking eyesore of a color that belongs nowhere near a sports uniform.

Not sure if this a completely unpopular opinion, though it probably is: I can't stand the extremely wide piping (probably better termed as "stripes") on the White Sox road uniform. It would be a pretty good looking uniform otherwise.

Chris_Sale.jpg

Personally, I think the White Sox might do well by introducing some red trim to their uniforms - perhaps a red outline instead of gray on the "Sox" logo on the home jersey, and a red outline of "Chicago" on the road uniform. A little, subtle nod to all the times they've worn red in their history. But I'm not completely sold on that idea - I like the Sox home pinstripes as they are, and I'd have to see how their road uniform looks without the awful piping. I think red trim might be able to play off of black when placed on a white or gray background though.

1923 1927 1928 1932 1936 1937 1938 1939 1941 1943 1947 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1956 1958 1961 1962 1977 1978 1996 1998 1999 2000 2009

This...

g6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif

... is amongst the worst team logos - if not the worst - in Major League Soccer.

The bulbous shape of the shield looks like a 3rd-grader's rendering of a falling bomb. The eagle is better-suited to adorning the hood of a Pontiac Firebird. The soccer ball-in-star device and Onyx font scream "Clip-Art". Overall, the individual elements of the logo seem slapped together, rather than effectively integrated as a whole.

Bottom line? D.C. United's logo is miserable... at best.

Frankly, I'm of the opinion that if it weren't for the fact that this logo accompanies a so-called "traditional", international-style team name, most members of this community - both logo enthusiasts and soccer supporters alike - would dismiss the badge as the dreck that it is.

I think one of the reasons its lasted this long is because when it was first introduced, it was actually one of the better MLS marks, but now I'd have to admit DCU is long overdue for a tweak.