Unpopular Opinions

2-in-1 Unpopular Opinion:

Every once in a while they get brought up, but the Ravens gold pants from 2015 are a far better option than their black pants. Regardless of if the blacks ever get a stripe treatment.

I wouldn’t mind if they get brought back for this year’s 25th anniversary.spacer.png

Side Note: 25 years of the Ravens? Good lord where has the time gone...

• Like 4

On 1/21/2020 at 11:09 PM, clonewars2008 said:

Super Bowl 31 is the best looking Super Bowl for me. 
Bill-Frakes.jpg

Funny thing about that Super Bowl
- My best friend was born / raised in Greenfield WI before moving to Greenfield (Pittsburgh neighborhood)(his dad took a job as a Pgh Police Officer, my Dad was already a Pgh Police Officer) in 1990. So Packers football was his Families life blood LOL
- (Pittsburgh) Greenfield home of former Boston Red Sox Owner Larry Lucchino, former Packers Head Coach Mike McCarthy and former STL Rams QB Mark "Mookie" Bulger.
- I graduated from Pittsburgh Public High school (Taylor Allderdice c/o '91) with Curtis Martin (didn't know him personally, other than to say Hi or Have a Good game in the Hallways) so I was disappointed the Pats didn't win that Super Bowl HOWEWVER always said Curt looked better in the Green / White of the JETS (Allderdice's colors are Green / White) 

• Like 1

On 1/25/2020 at 2:40 PM, DNAsports said:

Every once in a while they get brought up, but the Ravens gold pants from 2015 are a far better option than their black pants. Regardless of if the blacks ever get a stripe treatment.

I wouldn’t mind if they get brought back for this year’s 25th anniversary.spacer.png

The problem with the Black pants is the same for every team that pairs them with black socks. They end up looking like yoga pants when paired next to the purple jersey. I actually really like the all black Baltimore look, I think its great for a team named the Ravens, but as long as the Purple remains the main jersey they need to ixnay the Black pants/Black socks wombo combo.

• Like 3

On 1/25/2020 at 5:40 PM, DNAsports said:

There are DOZENS of us!

• Like 1

On 1/25/2020 at 5:40 PM, DNAsports said:

Personally, I'd prefer white pants, and white pants only, for the Ravens. Go Black/Purple/White/Black at home, and Black/White/White/Black on the road.

But if they must have a second pair of pants, it should be gold. The black pants pair terribly with a purple jersey, and you wouldn't even know their primary color is purple when they wear the Black/White/Black/Black combo on the road.

I used to think the Falcons and Cardinals uniforms were so cool when they first came out. I even had a Vick jersey I used to wear. 

It was 2005 and I was 10 at the time. My opinion has changed since. Those Cardinals uniforms were never good and look even worse now. However, I still have a soft spot for the Falcons. 

XM4KeeA.png

• The Cincinnati Bengals were my second-favorite team throughout my childhood and into young adulthood because of their uniforms. In fact, as a kid, most of my "second tier" teams were based on uniforms.  Now that I don't really have second-favorite teams, I am still not above cheering for the team with the better uniform.
  • I don't want the Orioles to win a World Series because it will strengthen the hold the Cartoon Bird has on the identity.
  • I went to Miami two years ago to see my alma mater, Wisconsin, play Miami in the Orange Bowl.  I felt absolutely cheated that 1) it was my first ever bowl game and the end zones were not painted in team colors (just a white-line criss cross pattern) and 2) that Miami wore black uniforms and helmets...because I love their regular color scheme.  We got down to Miami (where I'd never been), enjoyed the weather, went to my first bowl game, and got the "W."  And I allowed these things to put a dent in it...mainly while I was at the game, but still.
  • Like 3

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I think San Jose Sharks should’ve wearing their original jerseys (1991-97) in 2016 Stanley Cup Final. Like the Pens wear their throwback/former alternate as home uniform before they returned to their retro uniforms full time. 
why not Sharks use their beautiful retro jerseys and going with that as full time? Honestly it’ll much better than current set. Fix the stealth “pyjamas” with more white and add hem stripes to match the 1991-97 original set.

FyVfBOy.png

Sc4Eo24.png

On 1/16/2020 at 5:54 PM, DiePerske said:

I think there's room for both. I LOVE the cartoon bird, and think it should be full time cap/social media logo. That said? I like realistic bird and like it on an alt cap and as the primary logo.

I once proposed the Orioles use the cartoon logo on the cap while wearing the realistic bird as a sleeve patch and I thought I was going to be killed. People hated the concept because they couldn't accept two different representations of the same thing. I still think it's a fantastic idea. It has that old-timey baseball aesthetic of using a very detailed logo as the sleeve patch and a different logo on the cap.

• Like 4

On 1/24/2020 at 9:17 AM, CS85 said:

At the time, I thought these Sharks uniforms were easily the best in the NHL:

17879.jpg

apr-20-2002-san-jose-ca-usa-san-jose-sha

In my defense, I was 17 and barely maintaining a C grade average at the time.

IMO, that's the best the Sharks have ever looked, except they could've found a way to fit the fin logo on the shoulders.

In a different sport, namely the WLAF, down below is the best that the Admirals and Claymores ever looked:

On 1/28/2020 at 1:40 PM, OnWis97 said:
  • I don't want the Orioles to win a World Series because it will strengthen the hold the Cartoon Bird has on the identity.

Please no, the Cartoon Bird looks a ton better than the Natural Bird. It also happens to be more fun.

On 1/28/2020 at 1:44 PM, SFGiants58 said:

I always root against the Native American mascot teams, aside from the Blackhawks. I hope Washington NFL, Cleveland MLB, and Atlanta MLB never win a title until rebranding.

I completely agree. I'm glad the Cleveland team collapsed in 2016 and Washington will never get any recognition from me until Snyder is gone.

I will root against any team I think looks bad. The Titans, Warriors, and Clippers I'll root against until they rebrand.

• Like 1

the user formerly known as cdclt