Unpopular Opinions

1 hour ago, daniel75 said:

The Packers uniforms and logo are waaaaaay overrated. 

I'll agree with you here. Before anyone freaks out over hurting a sacred cow, "overrated" does not mean "bad". I think their uniforms are fine, but somewhat unremarkable, with the roads being too yellow heavy for a team with green as its main colour.

The logo however is not good. If you're going to go down the "letter in an oval" road, at least put both in there. Imagine if a team from New York just had an "N" or a team from LA just had an "L". And if you're one of those people who believes the "'G' stands for 'greatness'" story, thats even worse.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, daniel75 said:

The Packers uniforms and logo are waaaaaay overrated. 

I generally agree.  I love, love, love the yellow shell, traditional stripes, and green mask.  I like the color combo but the jerseys leave something to be desired...for me it would be yellow outlines on the numbers (an unpopular opinion in itself, I know). The uniform overall is solid, but not top-five.

The logo is definitely overrated and if they were not America's Team, would be an afterthought. Actually it's this board that moved me from simply thinking that to realizing that it's even worse because having a "G" for Green Bay is like having an "N" for New York or an "S" for San Francisco. (cue "it stands for 'Greatness'").  Not that they'd change it now.  But the logo is maybe the worst part of their identity.

• Like 1

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I never noticed, until just now, the black basketball seams in the flame.  

• Like 4

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

On 3/4/2020 at 5:16 PM, JerseyJimmy said:

this is the best logo out of any New York team

87s4dbwkieyw95ushfw6b3hz6.png

It's very good (not sure about the best). The jade/sea foam color is a great addition. 

• Like 2

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

8 hours ago, Krz said:

I’m sorry everyone, but this jersey is kinda growing on me, spacer.png

I don't hate it either.

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

On 3/9/2020 at 5:47 AM, Krz said:

I’m sorry everyone, but this jersey is kinda growing on me, spacer.png

I like that, but not this:

qsQJjhQ.png?1

That is, I like it head-on but not in profile; the black is just too thick.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Doing a 1:1 flip of purple and gold feels like the right thing to do, but I'm pretty sure the script and number would be much more legible if they were white outlined in gold.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I think that Washington Wizards is a much better sounding name than Washington Bullets, and the closest thing they had to an interesting identity was in their blue and gold color scheme.

I live in DC and they're by far the least followed of the 4 major sports teams. I know die hard Nats, Caps, and Skins fans. I don't even think I've met a moderate Wizards fan. Part of me thinks their boring as hell brand has at least something to do with it.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, I'll get it started: the new Rams logo isn't awful. In fact, I really like the idea behind it and I think with more refining it could've been great. The gradients are the biggest problem, but as soon as you realize the horn is supposed to be both a wave and a horn it starts to click a little more. They should switch the primary and secondary, however.

• Like 6

the user formerly known as cdclt

10 hours ago, QCS said:

Alright, I'll get it started: the new Rams logo isn't awful. In fact, I really like the idea behind it and I think with more refining it could've been great. The gradients are the biggest problem, but as soon as you realize the horn is supposed to be both a wave and a horn it starts to click a little more. They should switch the primary and secondary, however.

Both are growing on me. I really like the secondary as a modernization of the old rams head logo they were using in the 80s or so. Really want to get it on a cap. I agree I'd like to see it reversed, but it is what it is.

• Like 3