Unpopular Opinions

I think the Patriot's "Flyin' Elvis" logo is VASTLY superior to their spiking Colonial soldier logo (though I don't think that is a very unpopular opinion)

As a logo Elvis is better than Pat. However, the uniforms Elvis has been associated with...suck, while the uniform Pat is associated with is timeless and could easily be one of the best in the league, still.

The Patriots' winning percentage over the last 19 seasons while Elvis was on the helmet is one of the highest in sports, all-time, for that long of a stretch. Only 3 losing seasons since Elvis debuted in Spring, 1993 (1993, 1995, 2000).

I think it's safe to say Flying Elvis has been good to the Patriots. The throwback alternate is great as an alternate.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I think the Patriot's "Flyin' Elvis" logo is VASTLY superior to their spiking Colonial soldier logo (though I don't think that is a very unpopular opinion)

As a logo Elvis is better than Pat. However, the uniforms Elvis has been associated with...suck, while the uniform Pat is associated with is timeless and could easily be one of the best in the league, still.

Sacrificing Flying Elvis for a return to the old uniforms would be an awesome trade for Patriots fans.

The old uniforms are only timeless in the sense that they're generic, boring and forgettable. The current ones are far superior to them in every way.

The Patriots' winning percentage over the last 19 seasons while Elvis was on the helmet is one of the highest in sports, all-time, for that long of a stretch. Only 3 losing seasons since Elvis debuted in Spring, 1993 (1993, 1995, 2000).

I think it's safe to say Flying Elvis has been good to the Patriots. The throwback alternate is great as an alternate.

I don't (often) associate uniforms or logos with success on the field (side-eyes at Bruins 1995-2007 set), which is why I didn't freak out when the Red Sox changed their road uniform. I don't care if they had thirty-two straight 0-16 seasons with the classic uniforms. What looks better, looks better.

Sacrificing Flying Elvis for a return to the old uniforms would be an awesome trade for Patriots fans.

The old uniforms are only timeless in the sense that they're generic, boring and forgettable. The current ones are far superior to them in every way.

Under Elvis, the Patriots have worn a glorified practice jersey, a uniform so trapped in the 90s it's probably listening to the Backstreet Boys right now and over-modernized mess, all of which are worse than the 1984-92 set.

spacer.png

Calgary and Colorado notwithstanding, this is the worst jersey in the league:

buffalo-sabres-away-jersey-rbk.jpg

The grey piping dilutes the blue so much. Unlike on the home, where the silver blends with the gold to make a fullsized stripe, the silver blends with the white, which just makes the dark stripe look thin and ugly. Hell, if they didn't have piping or armpit stains they would be the worst.

This jersey is awesome though.

buffalo-sabres-home-jersey-rbk.jpg

Also, this is the best non-O6 home jersey in the league, playing against the worst away:

Buffalo+Sabres+v+Nashville+Predators+M64YaH58M0Ml.jpg

Calgary and Colorado notwithstanding, this is the worst jersey in the league:

buffalo-sabres-away-jersey-rbk.jpg

The grey piping dilutes the blue so much. Unlike on the home, where the silver blends with the gold to make a fullsized stripe, the silver blends with the white, which just makes the dark stripe look thin and ugly. Hell, if they didn't have piping or armpit stains they would be the worst.

This jersey is awesome though.

buffalo-sabres-home-jersey-rbk.jpg

I couldn't disagree more with this statement. The Sabres home jersey looks awful. The pit stains and piping are far more noticeable and a primarily blue logo on a primarily blue jersey is a huge gaffe on the designers part. It looked awful pre-1996 and it looks worse now.

The white jersey on the other hand looks spectacular. The piping and pit stains are practically invisible, the logo really pops and the shoulder yoke is the difference between a good jersey and a great one. The thin blue stripes don't bother me in the slightest because they are offset by the large amount of navy on the yoke and the pants.

I think Kentucky has one of the nicer uniforms in college football. The changes I would make is switch the black with grey (Replace Black with Grey uniforms) and remove the racing stripes from the shoulders. I would put them into Louisville's uniforms as Louisville is the Derby City. If they followed these changes, they would look amazing. And thats coming from a Louisville fan.

6_163886.jpg

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

and remove the racing stripes from the shoulders. I would put them into Louisville's uniforms as Louisville is the Derby City.

They're not racing stripes...

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

The addition of burnt orange to the San Jose Sharks colour scheme is a vast upgrade.

Agreed. The current Home is the best jersey in Sharks history. Just remove the front numbers

That reminds me: I don't mind front numbers at all, and actually like the Stars uniforms.

spacer.png