Unpopular Opinions

I think that these are the best jerseys in Blue Jays history:

eegg2s6ui7g7ftxdy8nvm4vu6.gifpb30ih19ghavleeg7je25hq37.gifjdqu43o2y4jq79w8yee7bdkv6.gif

I'd agree, if it wasn't for the 2012 set.

Personally, I hate new jerseys that are just copies of old jerseys. It smacks of laziness... though I might feel differently if the Marlins went back to their 1993 look.

eegg2s6ui7g7ftxdy8nvm4vu6.gifpb30ih19ghavleeg7je25hq37.gifjdqu43o2y4jq79w8yee7bdkv6.gif

Personally, I hate new jerseys that are just copies of old jerseys. It smacks of laziness... though I might feel differently if the Marlins went back to their 1993 look.

The Jays' new unis aren't copies. Modernizations were made, which I vehemently approve of.

And does a team really have to be "active" when it wants to return to a classic look that fans have been clamoring for?

spacer.png

The Jays' new unis aren't copies. Modernizations were made, which I vehemently approve of.

And does a team really have to be "active" when it wants to return to a classic look that fans have been clamoring for?

I agree with you completely.

I don't see any issue in reverting back to your best-ever look in which you won the World Series twice in.

Other than the out-of-place black alts, grey facemask and black shoes, dammit I LIKE the Arizona Cardinals uniforms. I just can't bring myself to dislike them.

2010_Arizona.png

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

The Giants really need to add a black jersey again, keep the orange but add a black for Saturday night games, that would be amazing, Orange on Friday (for home only), Black on Saturday (Home and away), then the regular for home and interlocking SF for away on Sunday. But with the SF Sunday jersey, get rid of the orange bill and keep it black, make the orange bill with the black jersey. They really need to dump the piping on the San Francisco regular road jersey, IDK why they ruined a great jersey, but they did. Perfect on the rest though

bb1.jpg

Edited by Doogert Doog

The Giants really need to add a black jersey again, keep the orange but add a black for Saturday night games, that would be amazing, Orange on Friday (for home only), Black on Saturday (Home and away), then the regular for home and interlocking SF for away on Sunday. But with the SF Sunday jersey, get rid of the orange bill and keep it black, make the orange bill with the black jersey. They really need to dump the piping on the San Francisco regular road jersey, IDK why they ruined a great jersey, but they did. Perfect on the rest though

bb1.jpg

I think most teams try to avoid wearing black for day games, because of the heat. I think this is why the O's only wear black on Fridays, because it's pretty much the only day of the week that is always a night game.

Something to consider about your Saturday black jersey suggestion.

I like the idea of them bringing a black jersey back again, though.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

bb1.jpg

I think most teams try to avoid wearing black for day games, because of the heat. I think this is why the O's only wear black on Fridays, because it's pretty much the only day of the week that is always a night game.

Something to consider about your Saturday black jersey suggestion.

I like the idea of them bringing a black jersey back again, though.

I have always had a soft spot for the 'SAN FRANCISCO' black alts they wore on the road in 2001-2002. Maybe it's just because that's what the Giants were wearing in the first big league game I ever attended way back when. But looking back, solid orange lettering and numbering would work so much better than all those crazy outlines.

From San Berdoo to Kalamazoo.

I have always had a soft spot for the 'SAN FRANCISCO' black alts they wore on the road in 2001-2002. Maybe it's just because that's what the Giants were wearing in the first big league game I ever attended way back when. But looking back, solid orange lettering and numbering would work so much better than all those crazy outlines.

I know no one has a "monopoly" on colors in the MLB, but I wouldn't want them to get a black jersey with orange lettering, because I think that the O's sort of have that jersey "cornered."

The O's have had that jersey for a long time, and with them being orange first and the Giants being black first, I think the Giants should stick with that black on black. I don't know how SF fans felt about that jersey, but I think it looked cool. And it strengthened their "black-first" identity, which is what they are supposed to be (isn't it?).

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Other than the out-of-place black alts, grey facemask and black shoes, dammit I LIKE the Arizona Cardinals uniforms. I just can't bring myself to dislike them.

2010_Arizona.png

Completely agree

Me too, but only with the white pants.

spacer.png

Capitals best look.

Capitals16.png

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

The blue jerseys look so lazy, though.

I'm not even sure white or black would've looked below below the diagonal stripe, but blue following the blue doesn't look good. I also don't think that color scheme ever really worked for either D.C. team, because it doesn't look D.C.-esque. Call that stupid, but D.C. is a R/W/B city.

spacer.png

They're the Presidential Seal colors, which I guess is even more Washingtonian than straight red/white/blue (which plenty of cities have an equal claim to), but also maybe less so because it could be too esoteric for its own good.

That was their best set up there, but they went through Identity Rot with the black third, which had that terrible Capitol crest with the wacky-looking stars, clunky rectangle with team name, and requisite hockey sticks. What they have now could be their best with a tweaked Weagle as the primary on a more traditional sweater instead of the hideous "capilals" update and Edge-By-Numbers template. And stop wearing that throwback.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I hate the style of collar that the Lakers (and the other teams that have it) have on their uniforms. Every team should have a normal round collar.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

RWB is such a tired, overused scheme. The caps 90's colours were lifted directly from the Presidential Seal and gave them a unique look for the first time in their history. Prior to it and now, they just look like a lesser version of the Canadiens

I hate the style of collar that the Lakers (and the other teams that have it) have on their uniforms. Every team should have a normal round collar.

I disagree about rounded collars, but only because some teams look good with V-necks. The Spurs aren't one of them. But I do think that the garbage collar piping which inexplicably turns into a cuff in the back looked terrible when it debuted and looks terrible and dated now. I think all teams should have thick trim around the neck and arm holes. Hopefully we are seeing a return to actual basketball templates with the Thunder, Jazz and Wizards recent sets.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I'm just biased towards rounded collars because the Bulls wear them, but even without them, I'd still think they look better. The collar piping just doesn't look right.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

RWB is such a tired, overused scheme. The caps 90's colours were lifted directly from the Presidential Seal and gave them a unique look for the first time in their history. Prior to it and now, they just look like a lesser version of the Canadiens

Presidential seal or not, I can't blame a team based in Washington DC, named the Capitals, for using the colour scheme red, white, and blue. Regardless of how over-used it might be.