Tampa Bay Lightning New Logos

KCScout76

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I gotta admit I dig that Zeus logo.

Back in the early 90's when I heard on the radio that the new Tampa Bay franchise was going to be called "Lightning", I immediatly envisoned them using a Zeus-esque type logo. Never got into the generic lightning bolt/wordmark look they went with.

The Catch of the Day!

Uni Watch » A New Rabbit Hole for Us to Explore

Uni Watch News Ticker: Very interesting NHL news from Cork Gaines, who writes: ?One of the Lightning radio broadcasters was on a local station in Tampa talking and mentioned that what they unveiled last week may not be exactly what they wear on the ice next season. He mentioned possibly adding a lightning bolt to the shorts and some other unspecified tweaks. This makes me think we got a mid-season unveiling just so the team could gauge reaction and make adjustments ? a concept I?m surprised we don?t see more often.?

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

Uni Watch News Ticker: Very interesting NHL news from Cork Gaines, who writes: ?One of the Lightning radio broadcasters was on a local station in Tampa talking and mentioned that what they unveiled last week may not be exactly what they wear on the ice next season. He mentioned possibly adding a lightning bolt to the shorts and some other unspecified tweaks. This makes me think we got a mid-season unveiling just so the team could gauge reaction and make adjustments ? a concept I?m surprised we don?t see more often.?

I'm surprised you don't see it more often either. Use the fanbase as a giant focus group who will be way more honest than people actually in the focus group.

Really what they should do is release it, read the reaction of those of us on these boards, and then make the necessary changes.

I really hope the bolt returns to the pants. At this point, that's all I want.

PvO6ZWJ.png

If that's what they are actually doing, I'm all in favor of the mid-season "unveiling". An addition of lightning bolt pant stripes would go a long way in making these uniforms say "Lightning" instead of "Leafs" or "Wings". This is actually a pretty smart idea if that's what they actually did.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Add a bolt to the pants and a ever so slight hint of black and It'll be perfect.

Not a fan. The whole oval thing makes the logo look too cartoony. If it stayed circular like the shoulder patch, it might have worked better but this is just very average at best. Big downgrade IMO. I also don't like the loss of black and silver in the colour scheme. It feels flat, whereas the old (current) ones look dynamic. Overall I'm very dissapointed, but at least TB aren't my team. :P

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

The only way they could improve this is by starting over.

Terrible logo, terrible jerseys, just plain terrible.

The look is good. But they need to use elements that are part of their history, a.k.a. pants bolt, pit stripes, etc.

The only place where black would work is if they add a slight, slight shadow around areas of the logo. I think if done right, the logo would pop more and well...black would be officially back. Even if it only covers 0.0231% of the uniform.

Add a bolt to the pants and a ever so slight hint of black and It'll be perfect.

Or at the very least some silver/gray...

It's gotta be black, silver just won't add enough contrast. It'll just wash everything else out.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

• 2 weeks later...
After our multiple announcements in the past weeks we listened, as we always will, to feedback from our stakeholders,? said Tod Leiweke. ?While we have received overwhelmingly positive response regarding the direction Jeff Vinik is taking this franchise, we did hear from some fans regarding the traditions of black and a bolt on our pants. Thus, after consultation with the NHL and our design team, we are adding black as a third accent color and an elegant white bolt to our pant.
On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Eh, I would have liked to see some black in the striping; having it on the numbers and pants without tying it into the striping looks odd to me.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Archived