Blue Jays to change uniforms for next season

whateverman42

I think you are right, it makes more sense for a Single A team to appeal to its local base than to appeal to an entire state (with a palm tree). Quick and dirty concept:

dunedin_jays.png

Not sure if I'm a fan of replacing the maple leaf with a silhouette of Don King.

6uXNWAo.png

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For those complaining about the lack of baseball behind the Blue jay on the jerseys an cap, MLB no longer allow images of baseballs to be used there, or it's always been like that an they're now actually enforcing it. It flew with the throwbacks but not a permanent set.

You're absolutely right. This is rule 1.11 (e) of the Official MLB rules: "No part of the uniform shall include a pattern that imitates or suggests the shape of a baseball".

The Mets too...or are they grandfathered in?

I think you are right, it makes more sense for a Single A team to appeal to its local base than to appeal to an entire state (with a palm tree). Quick and dirty concept:

dunedin_jays.png

Not sure if I'm a fan of replacing the maple leaf with a silhouette of Don King.

upotd.png?

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

For those complaining about the lack of baseball behind the Blue jay on the jerseys an cap, MLB no longer allow images of baseballs to be used there, or it's always been like that an they're now actually enforcing it. It flew with the throwbacks but not a permanent set.

You're absolutely right. This is rule 1.11 (e) of the Official MLB rules: "No part of the uniform shall include a pattern that imitates or suggests the shape of a baseball".

If that's the case, then how have the Mariners gotten away with the baseball in their ball-and-compass logo? That has appeared on every cap logo and above the 'M' in the home jersey since 1993, and in the 'S' on every road jersey since 2000.

I think they've just started enforcing it within the last 10 years or so on the fronts an caps. Sleeves seem to be ok I guess. An the Mariners have been like that for awhile so they probably won't make them change just if they do, THEN it can't be there. Semi-grandfathered in may be a good term.

Any word on pants stripes and cleat color? Its hard to tell from the pics. Hopefully they dont take the easy way out and go with black cleats.

The stripes on both pants are blue-white-blue to match the sleeve stripes. They announced in the video that the players would wear blue shoes. From the pics, they will have blue belts, also.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I know im only preaching to the choir here, but I absolutley love this set. So clean, professional, have nothing but good things to say regarding the direction the Blue Jays went here. I will be rocking the cap here on the west coast!

DLWatt.png

...THIS is how you mix navy and royal together to make something beautiful. ( designer of the Bills old uniforms...we're looking at you)

But then again, the only Navy in these unis are in the logos and the small amount of trim on the road script.

Pretty much a Royal Blue and White team, with Navy and Red used in the marks themselves.

dunedin_jays.png

upotd.png?

I'll second this.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Any word on pants stripes and cleat color? Its hard to tell from the pics. Hopefully they dont take the easy way out and go with black cleats.

I remember hearing something during the press conference about (paraphrasing) "the only shoes they will wear, at home and on the road, will be royal blue" or something to that effect.

spacer.png

I was kinda hoping for the double blue stripes on the home uniform, but you can't have everything.

Still, I love pretty much everything else about this. So glad the Blue Jays look like the Blue Jays again. Baseball is returning to normal.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Oh no. I love the name SkyDome.

>>>>

So do I, and I refuse to call it Rogers Centre, I still refer to it as 'Skydome' when the Bills play there.

It was the first of it's kind in No America, and Skydome sounds so majestic and the name bears a mystique whereas any prefix preceding 'Centre' is just lacking ....

...THIS is how you mix navy and royal together to make something beautiful. ( designer of the Bills old uniforms...we're looking at you)

>>>>

Whoever concocted the Bills prior uniforms aren't even worthy of being referred to as 'designers'

Hmmm.....instead of recolouring Ace's bill, why not go back to his old look?

diamace.jpg

Or bring BJ Birdie back.

Actually, seeing as the new beak is the new shade of blue 9the rest of his blue isn't) and it looks so slapped-on, maybe we have seen the last of Ace.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Oh no. I love the name SkyDome.

It's superb, accurate commentary like this, that makes me realize just how splendid this forum is.

Of COURSE it should be called SkyDome, because that's precisely what it is.

The other stuff is corporate nonsense, that I'm sure fills someone's coffers, but since it doesn't fill mine, I can defy it, guilt-free.

1319141962467_ORIGINAL.jpg?quality=80&size=650x

1319141957940_ORIGINAL.jpg?quality=80&size=650x

1319141957294_ORIGINAL.jpg?quality=80&size=650x

Boy I can't wait to see a Blue Jays vs. Orioles game!

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

I believe this has long been a rule, but was very rarely enforced until recently. And even then, it only applies to logos that actually appear on the jerseys or caps, as stated, which means teams like the Dodgers, Giants, Mets, Rangers, Blue Jays, etc, can get away with it in their primary logos that don't appear on the actual uniforms.

If that's the case, then how have the Mariners gotten away with the baseball in their ball-and-compass logo? That has appeared on every cap logo and above the 'M' in the home jersey since 1993, and in the 'S' on every road jersey since 2000.

As MLB has just recently began enforcing this rule strictly, my guess is they let the Mariners slide, but they will enforce it against them if the Mariners ever change and/or update their uniforms and cap logo.

Archived